bfgRhone
Manatee
Manatee
4,302 Posts

Post any The Chronicles of Shakespeare: Romeo & Juliet technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgRhone on Oct 5, 11 12:10 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

*Please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

Edited on 12/20/2011 at 4:55:09 PM PST

tillybaby
Minnow
Minnow
219 Posts

Re:Post any The Chronicles of Shakespeare: Romeo & Juliet technical issues here only

[Post New]by tillybaby on Oct 5, 11 12:24 AM
Unless I'm doing something wrong there is no way I can get the two marbles to play on the wooden game in the hallway, this is essential as you need the key that you will be given on completion of the game.

Re:Post any The Chronicles of Shakespeare: Romeo & Juliet technical issues here only

[Post New]by dobbiemijnboekje on Oct 5, 11 12:29 AM
tillybaby wrote:Unless I'm doing something wrong there is no way I can get the two marbles to play on the wooden game in the hallway, this is essential as you need the key that you will be given on completion of the game.
I have the same problem. Only one marble can I play.

tillybaby
Minnow
Minnow
219 Posts

[Post New]by tillybaby on Oct 5, 11 12:35 AM
It was me,once you've achieved the goal with the one marble, the other one will be accepted in the game.

[Post New]by dobbiemijnboekje on Oct 5, 11 12:38 AM
I have one marble in a hole, but can't play the other marble.

care___916
Clownfish
Clownfish
988 Posts

[Post New]by care___916 on Oct 5, 11 1:12 AM
dobbiemijnboekje wrote:I have one marble in a hole, but can't play the other marble.

same thing here. I did skip it to see what was next.

edmee1947
Clownfish
Clownfish
629 Posts

[Post New]by edmee1947 on Oct 5, 11 1:25 AM
i played beta in march 2011 and noticed:too much bla-bla
horrible gameplay with bugs
no suspense(every body knows(even the french ones) how the story finish
and when i played the demo i found that nothing has changed!same bug with marble,stupid tasks(find something to write everywhere),no possibility of wandering around to see the places
i give it a 2 1/2 on ten and i think it is not a buy for me,definitively,for i don't want to spent my time skipping puzzles in case of bugs
my opinion is the same than in march

deader
Squid
Squid
60 Posts

[Post New]by deader on Oct 5, 11 1:34 AM
Windows 7 32-bit IE 9 no graphics display

sandhan
Clownfish
Clownfish
919 Posts

[Post New]by sandhan on Oct 5, 11 1:41 AM
Obviously, you guys don't have all your marbles. I deleted the game because, when I tried to play the demo, I got a flashing screen and had to restart my computer.

puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,182 Posts

[Post New]by puzzledone on Oct 5, 11 1:48 AM
Win7 64bit widescreen laptop 17.3". Display fine, but see no Hint or Skip button. Had both marbles, first blue one stuck to cursor and wouldn't let go. Finally able to get it on the wood puzzle, completed once and it feel off the bottom. Could not get the gold one to go into wood slot, stuck to cursor or jumped back in inventory. Spent 10 min of demo on it and exitted the game. I wanted to skip it but gave up.

Does anyone else have a hint button? I just get arrows leading back to the bedroom and back to the hall.

equusjoy
Minnow
Minnow
243 Posts

[Post New]by equusjoy on Oct 5, 11 1:58 AM
The little female character on the bottom right of the screen is the hint button.
I didn't have any problems with the marble game once I realized where I was supposed to really go with them. Hint - not in any of the holes.

That being said, this is not a good game at all. I barely made it past the marble game and into his father's office before I quit. I find it very irritating for the character to tell me "I don't need that right now" every time you click on something.

JMHO

Joy

cbtx
Stingray
Stingray
5,030 Posts

[Post New]by cbtx on Oct 5, 11 2:01 AM
Technical issues???????????---this game is full of them.
----marble game does not work, had to start over to unfreeze it
----picked up a rock that did not go into inventory, then when it came time to break the window, the hint button (Ann) simply froze up
----and there were others too numerous to list
Too bad, because the game is beautiful to look at and seems like it would be fun to play, but all the tech issues have to be addressed first otherwise a colosssal waste of time. (Not to mention $$$)

Edited on 10/05/2011 at 2:02:12 AM PST

LizzieK
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,190 Posts

[Post New]by LizzieK on Oct 5, 11 3:30 AM
Spoiler for marble issue:

Put a marble in at the top. You can only put in and solve one marble at a time. Put the first one in and roll it to it's matching color destination on the side. When it is in it's place then you can put the other marble in.

[Post New]by thormi on Oct 5, 11 5:59 AM
So when exactely did this game come out. I downloaded the trial verson and it informs me that my trial has expired????????????????

joyzebra
Minnow
Minnow
234 Posts

[Post New]by joyzebra on Oct 5, 11 7:41 AM
I hit play an got a message (display not supported) - win7 64, IE 9, NVIDIA, latest drivers, music started playing and I couldn't stop it -- had to restart. Having lots of problems lately, so not buying many games.

darksprires
Squid
Squid
77 Posts

[Post New]by darksprires on Oct 5, 11 7:42 AM
The curser took about 30 seconds to catch up with the mouse on every move and sometimes when in a contrary direction. This is unplayable. I had twentythree minutes left of gameplay when I exited, (by control, ult, delete), and I hadn't even managed to pick up the note in the first scene.

Obviously, not a buy.

MarieNomad
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by MarieNomad on Oct 5, 11 8:27 AM
I got the game after I was finished with the trial and now it won't start again. All that showed up was the menu, the inventory, and the little girl.

grammyapples
Herring
Herring
343 Posts

[Post New]by grammyapples on Oct 5, 11 9:12 AM
Has anyone had a problem with the Balance the Scale puzzle?
I could not move the weights to left plate so I clicked the skip, and the weights all fell off and I can not continue game.
(guess the wee hint girl on left bottom put too much weight on one of the plates for it to completely break the scales.....LOL) She broke the game not me..

ChocCherry
Guppy
Guppy
102 Posts

[Post New]by ChocCherry on Oct 5, 11 10:32 AM
I tried to play this game 3 or 4x and each time it froze my computer up and I had to control-alt-delete to get it to go away. NOT A BUY!!! I'm reaaaaaallllllly tired of games that don't work.

ChocCherry
Guppy
Guppy
102 Posts

[Post New]by ChocCherry on Oct 5, 11 10:32 AM
I tried to play this game 3 or 4x and each time it froze my computer up and I had to control-alt-delete to get it to go away. NOT A BUY!!! I'm reaaaaaallllllly tired of games that don't work.

Go to: