LoveMyBichons
Guppy
Guppy
100 Posts

Do yourself a favor - TRY IT !!!

[Post New]by LoveMyBichons on Oct 5, 11 10:21 AM
There are a lot of Negative comments about this game - and that's cool - all are entitled and right to opine. But, please try the game for yourself.

We have been asking for non- HOG, not spooky or scary, out of the mold, full length and satisfying game. It's only MHO, but this is it. Don't go in looking for a game just like "A,B,C.." or comparing it to anything. Give it fresh eyes and mind.

While, no - not for everyone, it is a great game with long and satisfying play. Take the time to "learn" how it plays. A lot of the tech issues were really just not understanding how the game was played. Example: The marble puzzle.

Give it a fair try...you might just find a gem under all the crusty carbon! I found it to be great.

With respect to ALL,
Cyn

jennsmom
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

Re:Do yourself a favor - TRY IT !!!

[Post New]by jennsmom on Oct 5, 11 10:27 AM
I just did. And it's going in the trash. If there had been one more bit of opening dialogue, I think I would have screamed. I see nothing appealing in this game at all, although admittedly, I didn't play it for long. Awful.

LoveMyBichons
Guppy
Guppy
100 Posts

[Post New]by LoveMyBichons on Oct 5, 11 10:39 AM
jennsmom wrote:I just did. And it's going in the trash. If there had been one more bit of opening dialogue, I think I would have screamed. I see nothing appealing in this game at all, although admittedly, I didn't play it for long. Awful.

You know, that's fair. You at least tried it, jennsmom. Like I said; all have the right to their opinion, and to express it here. I just wanted to encourage folks to try it for themselves. I agree with you...I could have done without all the cut scene and yackity-yak up front, but once I got to the actual game I found it fun and fresh.

Different people = Different tastes. That's why Baskin Robbins (Ice cream shoppes) offers 31 flavors!

Cyn

Belladonna32
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
20,941 Posts

[Post New]by Belladonna32 on Oct 5, 11 10:51 AM
You are absolutely right LMB (hope you don't mind my shortening this) I have just played for 30 mins and found it good. OK, opening scenes took a long time but they are part of the setting and can be skipped in future. It's my sort of game - work out what has to be done and do it.

It's not going to be for everyone but for thsoe of us who prefer adventure to HOGs it looks good.

it will certainly be on my "buy" list.

Bpup
Manatee
Manatee
3,891 Posts

[Post New]by Bpup on Oct 5, 11 10:53 AM
I'll give it a try.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Oct 5, 11 11:08 AM
LoveMyBichons wrote:Different people = Different tastes. That's why Baskin Robbins (Ice cream shoppes) offers 31 flavors!

Cyn

I`m a Häagen-Dazs person myself. And guess how many flavours (and varieties) they have?

I did not want to try this game, because of all the negative comments right from the start. I usually don`t listen to others but always try out a game myself. However, if 95% of those who downloaded the game and played it, and have only negative comments to say, then I usually listen. The odd time I didn`t listen to mass-negativity I regretted having played the demo.
Also, just from the 3 screenshots on the main page it looks like the graphics are not the kind I would want to see in a HOG, and I do prefer a HOG/Adventure game over an Adventure/HOG.

But to those of the fishies who do enjoy this game, happy gaming!

jinocchio49
Flounder
Flounder
2,255 Posts

[Post New]by jinocchio49 on Oct 5, 11 11:47 AM
I'm glad I decided to try this game myself and ignore all the negative comments. It's actually quite good and indeed different. I was able to skip all of the dialog by hitting the esc key and went right to game play. This is a game that will not be for everyone as Cyn stated, but give it a go at least.

Jin

forneymary
Guppy
Guppy
100 Posts

[Post New]by forneymary on Oct 5, 11 1:27 PM
this is a really beautyful game and my reasons for not buying have nothing to do with the game and everything to do with me. i'm spoiled rotten because the vast majority of the games i play have hints readily available and skip buttons for the games. i might have to think a little but not unless i really want to. i can admit to getting lazyier then i was back in the old days before i discovered hog's and only played adventure types. ten years ago i would have paid alot more for this game and just printed off the walkthru to keep close at hand. And i would have loved the hours and hours it would have taken me to finesh. the true adventure gamers are probably going to love it too.

jennsmom
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by jennsmom on Oct 5, 11 1:54 PM
LoveMyBichons wrote:

Different people = Different tastes. That's why Baskin Robbins (Ice cream shoppes) offers 31 flavors!

Cyn

That's for sure. Imagine my surprise when I read that some people hated Urban Legends: The Maze! And the Love Story games!

I'm happy that BF provides all kinds of games for us because if I don't like something today, I'll probably like whatever comes up tomorrow.

sinshack
Flounder
Flounder
2,150 Posts

[Post New]by sinshack on Oct 5, 11 4:44 PM
I just finished the game, and I must say that as you got further into the game and learned the style of gaming, it seemed more like a CE than an SE offering. Beautiful graphics, lovely voiceovers, thrilling story even though we all knew the ending.

I'm sure glad a walkthrough was posted, but I'm very proud of myself for only using it a couple of times, and when I did resort to it I felt like hitting myself in the head and saying "duh" because I had either missed something obvious or forgotten something I should have remembered.

Excellant game!! Thank you BFG and devs!!

jkuci
Flounder
Flounder
2,447 Posts

[Post New]by jkuci on Oct 6, 11 4:45 AM

Yes, this is a much better game than the current ERS CE offering in graphics, story and gameplay.

Edited on 10/06/2011 at 4:46:09 AM PST

Sablesshadow
Manatee
Manatee
4,347 Posts

[Post New]by Sablesshadow on Oct 6, 11 8:09 AM
Thank you for this thread, LMB. I tried the game for myself, and couldn't wait to buy it. Great puzzles, new and different ones, wonderful graphics, and a compelling story line. I like this game a lot and hope there are more of this kind coming.

Back to the game; at the risk of repeating myself, love those puzzles! And for me, the fewer of the time-wasting HOGs the better. Note, please, I did say "for me," lol.

bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Oct 6, 11 11:12 AM
Hello everyone!

We definitely encourage these discussions and appreciate all feedback for the game, but since we'd like to reserve the Game Forum for game help, tips and questions, there are two different threads available for this conversation:

Reviews for The Chronicles of Shakespeare: Romeo & Juliet

Comments for The Chronicles of Shakespeare: Romeo & Juliet

The Reviews thread is a great place to post your full review about the game (after having played the Trial or Full version), including your specific likes and dislikes.

The Comments thread is a great place for all conversations about the game, including what this game reminds you of, which characters you enjoyed, what you thought of while playing the game, etc.

Thank you!

-bfgArnoStyx

Go to: