bfgRhone
Manatee
Manatee
4,302 Posts

Post any Dark Tales: Edgar Allan Poe's The Premature Burial CE technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgRhone on Oct 6, 11 12:11 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

*Please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

crispypot
Minnow
Minnow
272 Posts

Re:Post any Dark Tales: Edgar Allan Poe's The Premature Burial CE technical issues here only

[Post New]by crispypot on Oct 6, 11 1:12 AM
Oh dear i hate being the first with a tech issue, game loaded fine, played two mins an it shut down, went back into it started again got bit further, it shut down, went back in played another min an half maybe, and so on an so on an so on, gave up in the end !!!!! why oh why so many problems just lately ???

Re:Post any Dark Tales: Edgar Allan Poe's The Premature Burial CE technical issues here only

[Post New]by Tregeagle on Oct 6, 11 1:29 AM
I was O.K. until I returned to the house having collected the bolt from the fountain (about 20 minutes in). Then the screen started breaking up with large black rectangles appearing over the interactive sections of the graphic and it became impossible to play any further.

nwr1948x
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
15,360 Posts

[Post New]by nwr1948x on Oct 6, 11 1:45 AM
As with all ERS games (on my 'puter) game was sticky from the start.Froze in the first scene.I had to ctrl/alt/delete to exit.

[Post New]by dobbiemijnboekje on Oct 6, 11 2:42 AM
nwr1948x wrote:As with all ERS games (on my 'puter) game was sticky from the start.Froze in the first scene.I had to ctrl/alt/delete to exit.
Maybe it's your videocard. It's strange that you have it only by ERS games.

belamba
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,058 Posts

[Post New]by belamba on Oct 6, 11 3:06 AM
I played (and loved) the trial hour. Bought the game, D/L and at 100% said D/L failed and it's started to D/L all over again. Any ideas please, as I'd just hate not to be able to D/L this game and not be able to play it :-(

Edited to say I have W7 64-bit machine

Edited on 10/06/2011 at 3:07:08 AM PST

sandr1
Lobster
Lobster
99 Posts

[Post New]by sandr1 on Oct 6, 11 4:54 AM
Downloaded and got the error message
Cannot find import; DLL may be missing, corrupt, or wrong version File
"audiere.dll", error 126

Problem: I have the latest DirectX version as far as I know, so, this indicates a problem with my DirectX. I now deleted and DL again, but I do not have too much hope :-( this is very bad, as I could play a trial version, as I really like that series. I guess there is a glitch with the file on BF side. Hope for an update soon.

BarbLeigh
Starfish
Starfish
57 Posts

[Post New]by BarbLeigh on Oct 6, 11 6:12 AM
crispypot wrote:Oh dear i hate being the first with a tech issue, game loaded fine, played two mins an it shut down, went back into it started again got bit further, it shut down, went back in played another min an half maybe, and so on an so on an so on, gave up in the end !!!!! why oh why so many problems just lately ???

Mine too, ended up with a frozeb black screen except for the stuff at the bottom (strategy guide, menu, inventory boxes{although they were black too, just the outlines}, and the book???????? I usually never have problems with games, unless it is a glitch everyone is having.

ChocCherry
Guppy
Guppy
102 Posts

[Post New]by ChocCherry on Oct 6, 11 7:44 AM
I've tried 5 times to install it but all I get is "install failed". Soooo tired of this.

tinaccarroll
Guppy
Guppy
134 Posts

[Post New]by tinaccarroll on Oct 6, 11 8:23 AM
i have windows vista and game is very slow. i really hope bf fix the game cause i really like to play and buy game. i couldnt buy the other ce games either cause of tech issues. but i still love the beauty and beast game.

Big Fish PLEASE FIX THIS GAME AND OTHER NEW CE.

[Post New]by Phill79 on Oct 6, 11 9:47 AM
seems to be a good game, however when I entered the building and turned right up the stairs, talked to the spirit, used the hook on the wall on the left pulled down the plank, then clicked on the wall lamp on the right to zoom it, it didn't zoom it, so I couldn't break globe to get key. please help

[Post New]by ghostmist on Oct 6, 11 10:27 AM
I was almost to the end of the game and when you have to stop the water flow the puzzle was working fine then stopped and I can't reset it, or go any further until I get past it.

bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Oct 6, 11 11:34 AM
Hello everyone,

For those of you having troubles with a crash, a display issue or a freeze in the game, please check to see if an update might help resolve this; here is a help article with those steps:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screenr

If you are receiving the Error 126, please take a look at this help article for more information about this specific error:

Error 126

If you are having troubles downloading/installing the game, please take a look at proposed solutions in this help article:

Problems Downloading or Installation Failed

We ask that all players please go through these preliminary steps before writing in to Tech Support so that our reps can rule out any possible reasons an issue might be occurring. So if you are still having troubles after going through these steps, please write in with a Dr. Felix report and with the steps you've taken. Thank you!

-bfgArnoStyx

DontPOP
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by DontPOP on Oct 6, 11 12:06 PM
The first time I had the black screen, with the items at the bottom. I restarted. Twice, now, I have reached the room with him holding the noose and it freezes. It will not go past. Please fix.

Althena533
Clownfish
Clownfish
502 Posts

[Post New]by Althena533 on Oct 6, 11 12:49 PM
This game has a nasty bug towards the end. You come to a time where you're supposed to go back to the graveyard but the game won't let you. Instead of turning in to a traveling arrow like it's supposed to the mouse just turns in to the eyeball that's usually use for zooming into something.

[Post New]by fantasynanna60 on Oct 6, 11 3:40 PM
Can't grab the letter P and using the lighter on the spider web to access the acorn

susielee
Minnow
Minnow
256 Posts

[Post New]by susielee on Oct 6, 11 3:45 PM
I would love to purchase the game, but, it's soooo SLOW. It's like everything is in slow motion. That takes all the enjoyment out of it. Don't usually have this problem.

bfgHondo
Manatee
Manatee
3,712 Posts

[Post New]by bfgHondo on Oct 6, 11 4:42 PM
Hi susielee,

If you haven't already, I'd encourage you to check for any updates for your video card driver and other graphics software. Here's the link to a help article with more information:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If your game is still running a bit slow after making these updates, please contact Tech Support and one of our reps will be happy to take a closer look at this with you.

Hope this helps!

-bfgHondo

nell50
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by nell50 on Oct 6, 11 7:12 PM
I have the same issue, clicking on the letter P in the HOG is not working.

fantasynanna60 wrote:Can't grab the letter P and using the lighter on the spider web to access the acorn

WENTPOSTAL
Squid
Squid
69 Posts

[Post New]by WENTPOSTAL on Oct 6, 11 7:59 PM
Help, Please. the game loaded fine and no problem until i tried to get the lamp to zoom in, it wouln't do it. is this a glitch or what.

Go to: