bfgRhone
Manatee
Manatee
4,302 Posts

Reviews for Virtual City 2: Paradise Resort

[Post New]by bfgRhone on Oct 6, 11 12:17 AM
Hi Fishies!

What do you think of Virtual City 2: Paradise Resort? Feel free to share your thoughts and opinions about the game in this thread. We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond! To help other players get the most out of your review, you could add a note stating if you played the trial or full version and how far you have gotten in the game!

A lot of fishies that will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include the words SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post .

For any comments or discussions other than your general feedback on this game you can create a new discussion in the game forum. If you’re experiencing technical issues with this game, be sure to pop over to the support thread dedicated to the game here.

Happy gaming!

bfgRhone

TeamSD
Clownfish
Clownfish
621 Posts

Re:Reviews for Virtual City 2: Paradise Resort

[Post New]by TeamSD on Oct 6, 11 4:49 AM
After a long wait, it's worth the wait!

I liked the first one and i think this one is better There're tons of features and options in this game just like the first one, graphics are clear and colorful, very attractive! Music are good, suitable! This is a tycoon type game more than Time Management as mentioned, i know some of you may not enjoy this one because it can be confusing for some.... Great game all in all, will buy it soon!

Grades:

Graphics: A
Music: B
Features: A
Fun: A
Gameplay: B
Overall: A

My grades can be as high as A* or as low as F!

Fransje66
Rainbowfish
Rainbowfish
42,217 Posts

[Post New]by Fransje66 on Oct 6, 11 4:55 AM

Finally a follow up of the best TM game of 2009.
Virtual City: my all time favourite game.

This one is hopefully better still.

lackoo
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,430 Posts

[Post New]by lackoo on Oct 6, 11 5:26 AM
Finally . I can play it on full screen ( 1920x1080)
Instabuy .

barbiecats2000
Catfish
Catfish
1,668 Posts

[Post New]by barbiecats2000 on Oct 6, 11 5:42 AM
The first Virtual City still remains one of my favorite games. On my way to download this one and will come back to give a review.

LVKiva
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

[Post New]by LVKiva on Oct 6, 11 6:32 AM
Yes!! Doing the happy dance Been waiting for this one forever...OK, it only seems like forever.

Surprised that it's a soft release, but I'll take it however it comes.

hannah57
Clownfish
Clownfish
760 Posts

[Post New]by hannah57 on Oct 6, 11 7:09 AM
I was waitng for the game to finish validating so I could play the demo and when it finally finished it said, my trial had ending and now I have to buy it. Duh!!! I didn't even get to try it first.

Lazeedragon
Minnow
Minnow
238 Posts

[Post New]by Lazeedragon on Oct 6, 11 8:33 AM
i like very few tms but virtual city 1 was wonderful! so i got # 2 has more things to accomplish! i rate this game is a 4 out of 5 for me i am already stuck on level 7 the goals r a bit hard to achieve hmmmm wonder what am doing wrong lol but do like it alot tho'
if u love tms u will enjoy this sequel!

Happy Gaming to y'all!

Edited on 10/06/2011 at 3:47:04 PM PST

Lisa_111
Lobster
Lobster
89 Posts

[Post New]by Lisa_111 on Oct 6, 11 8:44 AM
I can't wait until tonight to play this game. Virtual City 1 is one of the few games I will play over and over again.

barbiecats2000
Catfish
Catfish
1,668 Posts

[Post New]by barbiecats2000 on Oct 6, 11 9:43 AM
So far I think this game is as good as the first and I like the addition of the office buildings so far for people to work.

Essentially this game is a strategy type game with a generous clock. The timer is for expert only and the game continues until you finish all the goals so no pressure that the level will start over.

You have to build structures to meet goals, deliver products in your city as well as neighboring cities and deliver people to different facilities by building bus routes. The game is challenging but very enjoyable.

Play the trial and you'll be hooked.

Edit:

Starting to struggle too much with this game. The goals have become very difficult to accomplish. Other's have posted specifically regarding 2 of the levels so far so I won't go over it again here. I am still in the first location and cannot accomplish level 9. What in the heck is up with this game?

Edited on 10/06/2011 at 12:03:14 PM PST

Poem123
Guppy
Guppy
135 Posts

[Post New]by Poem123 on Oct 6, 11 2:48 PM
I remember trialling the first one and I found it confusing at first. Same with this. The graphics seem a bit "meh" for a sequel.

The gameplay, however, is excellent. You need to think (and plan) ahead and be capable of multi-tasking. This game would suit those who can pat their heads while rubbing their bellies.

Thanks for the positive reviews folks, I'm glad I stuck with it beyond the initial 5 minutes. I'd recommend anyone trying it out, to give it a fair chance.

Lazeedragon
Minnow
Minnow
238 Posts

[Post New]by Lazeedragon on Oct 6, 11 3:58 PM
my fav tms that i play over and over again (lol)
virtual city
rescue team
jack of all tribes
island tribe
island tribe 2
aerie-spirit of the forest
townopolis
roads of rome (series)
these r my most favorites

others i have that i do play occasionally mostly cause they got too hard hehe ^^
or i got bored with them

all the build-a-lots
rachels retreat
sallys studio (ce)
my life storys (both)
ski resort mogul
royal envoy
my kingdom for a princess

these r fine games but for me got aggravating or got bored with them
anyway just my opion ^^

Lyndy20
Clownfish
Clownfish
543 Posts

[Post New]by Lyndy20 on Oct 6, 11 4:41 PM
Gosh, I'm still playing the first Virtual City game and I'm loving it. VC2 will be a definite purchase with my next credit. As has been said, it is more of a tycoon game than a TM. You need a bit of time to get your head around (and remember) what needs to be done and then it becomes a matter of planning and strategy.

jawfish
Herring
Herring
349 Posts

[Post New]by jawfish on Oct 6, 11 4:45 PM
As others have said, this game is much harder than the first one. Expert? forget it! I'm already struggling.....Is there going to be a walkthrough. I need help!

Prefer difficulty similar to first game, I want to finish it by myself

ebbalytle
Minnow
Minnow
214 Posts

[Post New]by ebbalytle on Oct 6, 11 5:30 PM
This is a great game... but it is much tougher than the first one. I've played the first one so many times! Love it every time too. In this one I'm stuck on Sevier... that's one of the first places you play by yourself after the tutorial... and I suggest that you do the tutorial so that you can get a feel for the new things in the game. There are a lot of them, although there are also many of the old things. I've tried Sevier twice and am heading back to start over once again. Just can't seem to manage getting all the levels that I'm supposed to! But it's a fun game all the same!!!

EDIT: I finally got through Sevier by following the advice of another Fishie... TYVM! I would suggest to anyone stuck to try dividing your city into sections when it comes time to get tourist or work numbers up. It can be confusing, especially when you enter a city that has a lot already going on in it. But the timer doesn't stop and I don't mind if it's red at all. The challenge for me is getting the plans in order and then focussing on getting them done. I've never been a "clock watcher" which is probably why I put in so many long days without pay when I was working in the real world! Actually, retirement is a great time of life!! LOL Anyway, I hope you give the game a chance and that you enjoy it for what it is... relaxation time.

Edited on 10/06/2011 at 10:11:17 PM PST

PB2010
Guppy
Guppy
135 Posts

[Post New]by PB2010 on Oct 7, 11 6:56 PM
Unbelievable - I bought this direct from the company thinking it'd be an age before it's released on Big Fish - and how wrong I was. Shame on me!

VC is my favourite game ever. I've replayed it so many times as it's lengthy and you can improve each time. If you're not familiar with the game, it's like BAL with logistics and production buildings! More a resource management game than a time management one. It's much more complex and involving, and does require a lot of experimenting to get Gold.

VC2 does not disappoint. It is, however, much more complicated than VC as it now has 'job rating' and 'visitor rating' in addition to environment, earnings and happiness. In Alaska the snow drifts are an even greater complication. So if you're thinking about trying, try VC first before VC2.

So far I've managed to get Gold on every level - but some levels I've had to replay a lot! Like Royal Envoy, if you don't complete the tasks in the time limit, then the game play just continues so Gold is a personal pride thing. Other levels have been a cinch since the tricks I learnt in VC work on this as well.

So for me: 5 out of 5.

bertiepuppy
Minnow
Minnow
269 Posts

[Post New]by bertiepuppy on Oct 8, 11 1:56 AM
Until I reached Florida Level 8 I was enjoying this but after over 5 hours on the one level and being unable to find anyway to finish the level by getting the income required my recommendation - give this game a big miss - too hard, if not impossible.

Loved the first one but this one is way too difficult and simply has no enjoyment for me. I don't mind a challenge but I do object to a game that is simply impossible and this one is that.

sephira1
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by sephira1 on Oct 9, 11 7:28 PM
bertiepuppy wrote:Until I reached Florida Level 8 I was enjoying this but after over 5 hours on the one level and being unable to find anyway to finish the level by getting the income required my recommendation - give this game a big miss - too hard, if not impossible.

Loved the first one but this one is way too difficult and simply has no enjoyment for me. I don't mind a challenge but I do object to a game that is simply impossible and this one is that.

I played the first VC alot,..totally loved it but felt at the same time it needed the features like businesses and hotels and ability to chain bus stops on several places that the sequel put in, love being able to go to several places with one bus instead of having to make a seperate bus ride for each place i want to go, so i have to say that even though VC2 is alot more challenging on the requirements and im finding it hard at times to get a certain monthly amount even though i have over a million total sometimes, and have to try for hours to find the strategy that works I think the game totally rocks and will be spending alot of my time playing it. I have not found any impossible missions only very challenging ones, which to me is fun,..if you want the non challenging version which is still alot of fun I would suggest playing VC1.

I also have alot of other ideas for future versions of the game to add to the fun i am just crazy that way ) If anyone needs any help with any of the scenarios just ask and I'll be happy to help if I can.

[Post New]by ladyjane777 on Oct 9, 11 8:57 PM
Was also enjoying til Florida.. Just cant get through this level its frustrating. need a walkthrough. otherwise its a great game . Love VC1--still play it.

Poem123
Guppy
Guppy
135 Posts

[Post New]by Poem123 on Oct 9, 11 10:48 PM
For the people getting frustrated with trying to get expert, I have played the first half of the game over twice. The first time I found it impossible. The second time I got gold on every level with no effort. The trick is in buying every upgrade that becomes available asap and then using them. The other trick is to set up multiple short bus routes between A and B only, the shorter, the better, the less stops, the better.

This game is currently bugged at level 2-13. It affects a lot of us but not everyone. While I'm confident this will get fixed, we haven't had an acknowledgement. It is impossible for those affected to continue past this level until it is corrected. Please consider this before purchasing.

Also: this game is AWESOME. I love it.

Edited on 10/09/2011 at 11:08:35 PM PST

Go to: