giddiup101
Minnow
Minnow
282 Posts

Length

[Post New]by giddiup101 on Oct 6, 11 1:36 AM
For those of you wondering and since the sample only says 3 chapters.

It is 11 Chapters plus Bonus.

Althena533
Clownfish
Clownfish
502 Posts

Re:Length

[Post New]by Althena533 on Oct 6, 11 1:46 AM
Thank you! ;v) I'm so sick and tired of seeing all these threads complaining about how long (or short) a game is! It's like get over it and yourself already! The game's length is the game's length and there's not really much we can do about it! ;v)

brooklynblonde
Guppy
Guppy
175 Posts

[Post New]by brooklynblonde on Oct 6, 11 2:25 AM
Thanks for the info

tishythree
Guppy
Guppy
116 Posts

[Post New]by tishythree on Oct 6, 11 2:38 AM
sorry but for me the game length does matter in my book its a matter of value i expect a collectors edition to be of a reasonable length or i might as well wait for it to be issued as an ordinary game

cll1950
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,099 Posts

[Post New]by cll1950 on Oct 6, 11 2:48 AM
tishythree wrote:sorry but for me the game length does matter in my book its a matter of value i expect a collectors edition to be of a reasonable length or i might as well wait for it to be issued as an ordinary game

I agree. With the issues of short CEs popping up more and more, I want to be informed, not surprised if I do buy the game. With all the usual related post about it I assume many others feel the same way. Although its' very sweet that someone thinks "I should be Happy with what I get", I prefer to make that decision for myself.

I also don't like being told to "get over myself", it is after all my money.

Edited on 10/06/2011 at 2:50:50 AM PST

belamba
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,058 Posts

[Post New]by belamba on Oct 6, 11 3:33 AM
cll1950 wrote:
tishythree wrote:sorry but for me the game length does matter in my book its a matter of value i expect a collectors edition to be of a reasonable length or i might as well wait for it to be issued as an ordinary game

I agree. With the issues of short CEs popping up more and more, I want to be informed, not surprised if I do buy the game. With all the usual related post about it I assume many others feel the same way. Although its' very sweet that someone thinks "I should be Happy with what I get", I prefer to make that decision for myself.

I also don't like being told to "get over myself", it is after all my money.

Couldn't agree more. A CE should be worth the extra money, and the bonus content more than a host of HOG scenes covered in sparkles if you originally chose advanced play.
I've some games that I've really enjoyed and been disappointing when they take only a couple of hours to play. It's my money, and I can spend it how I like, so asking the length of a game is a logical question if no W/T is available.
I saw just 3 chapters in this game, so pleased to learn there's a lot more and therefore worth purchasing the CE..

[Post New]by quarlesqueen on Oct 6, 11 4:40 AM
Althena533 wrote:Thank you! ;v) I'm so sick and tired of seeing all these threads complaining about how long (or short) a game is! It's like get over it and yourself already! The game's length is the game's length and there's not really much we can do about it! ;v)

(removed by moderator)
Oh and by the way, the games length, is the games length, and there is not really much we can do about it(removed by moderator)
I don't buy short games, so saying there is nothing we can do about it,(removed by moderator)
So THANKS Giddiup101, for starting this thread, and letting us know there are 11 chapters, that is a big help in deciding to buy a CE or not, so it sounds like it is going to be a nice length..YIPEE!!

Edited on 10/10/2011 at 5:54:42 AM PST

tj1147
Clownfish
Clownfish
654 Posts

[Post New]by tj1147 on Oct 6, 11 4:46 AM
Thanks, OP, for the info regarding number of chapters.

I am wondering...if we ALL want to wait until someone else finishes the CE to let us know how long the game is and whether "it is worth a CE", then who would ever complete it?

krinneyd
Squid
Squid
75 Posts

[Post New]by krinneyd on Oct 6, 11 6:10 AM

I agree.....the length does matter. Perhaps others can afford to pay that price for less and less game play and lucky them. However that's not my case and I think to have that mindset only gives the creators more leverage to give less and less. I like entertainment not challenge so length is important to me. And if there's only a few extra hours of game play for a CE then I'd rather wait for the regular version as well. Why pay double for less entertainment, that just strikes me as stupid. I compare what the other gaming systems are giving for the price of games and for roughly $50 I can play for literally WEEKS sometimes months and if they offered hidden object under the other formats I would buy that instead.

Bpup
Manatee
Manatee
3,891 Posts

[Post New]by Bpup on Oct 6, 11 6:16 AM

I also agree with this statement.

sartasia
Stingray
Stingray
4,581 Posts

[Post New]by sartasia on Oct 6, 11 6:53 AM
Lets play nice fishies. No need for insults.
We all have different opinions.

Thank you for the info on chapter length giddiup101 .

Edited on 10/06/2011 at 6:54:27 AM PST

cme550
Herring
Herring
318 Posts

[Post New]by cme550 on Oct 6, 11 6:53 AM
I also agree that length matters among many others for purchasing a CE. That is why I rarely buy CEs anymore (ERS games is the only exception, and that's just because I love the developer and there is no way I could wait until SE version comes out).

It seems as though the CEs are getting shorter and shorter, or the graphics are grainy, or the game just plain ended up not being worth the $13.99 price tag. I dont even demo CE games anymore, so I don't get tempted to purchase. I wait for the SE.

govegril
Stingray
Stingray
5,727 Posts

[Post New]by govegril on Oct 6, 11 9:17 PM
A game can have 100 chapters and still be short-

this game IS short for a CE- I am a slow player plus do other things whilst playing and this game took me about 3.5 hours- I skipped a couple of puzzles but still..

If you like longer play as value for your money- especially at a double price tag- wait for the SE on this one!

[Post New]by LapTopDancerr on Oct 7, 11 12:29 AM
Govegril,
you and a couple of other people (LizzieK and one other person....when I remember, I'll edit) that post regularly always answer a question I want an answer to, but don't ask because someone else already asked/commented or more than likely: forgot! ). I learn something from your comments, whether its from reviews to a simple sentence. (like the one above)
On general comments I have always agreed with whatever you posted. Your thoughts have been helpful, interesting, and funny in the many years I have been a member on BF. You never let me down and I appreciate your frankness, too. :Thank you very much for throwing your 2 cents in.

bella81762
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,424 Posts

[Post New]by bella81762 on Oct 7, 11 9:25 AM
Althena533 wrote:Thank you! ;v) I'm so sick and tired of seeing all these threads complaining about how long (or short) a game is! It's like get over it and yourself already! The game's length is the game's length and there's not really much we can do about it! ;v)

there is plenty you can do....speak with your purse, i have been a member since 2006, and have over 500 games and for the 1st time have 2 credits,,,,,cause i refuse to buy a short game that has a ce tag

Cinders31
Minnow
Minnow
214 Posts

[Post New]by Cinders31 on Oct 7, 11 12:12 PM

I like to know how many chapters and length of time because if I am going to spend my hard earned money on a game, I want to make sure it is worth it!

Nothing worse than buying a game and it is super short and fast.

winterlyn
Lobster
Lobster
86 Posts

[Post New]by winterlyn on Oct 7, 11 5:53 PM
Totally agree with wanting to know the length of a game to assist in making a decision to buy it. Would you spend regular movie admission prices to see a half hour short? I would hope not! Same with buying games.

TeamSD
Clownfish
Clownfish
621 Posts

[Post New]by TeamSD on Oct 8, 11 2:08 AM
Finished....3 hours and a half for the main game (i'm fast player) and normal 40 mins of the bonus but the bonus is really good in my opinion!

brooklynblonde
Guppy
Guppy
175 Posts

[Post New]by brooklynblonde on Oct 8, 11 2:46 AM
I agree that I like to know something about the length of the game before buying a CE-having said that, there will still be differences of opinion-I thought the length of the game was good, and liked the bonus material, which added to the story, and didn't feel just tacked on. Glad I bought this game!

padres
Guppy
Guppy
132 Posts

[Post New]by padres on Oct 8, 11 2:48 PM
Based on giddiup's info re length, I'm going to go ahead and purchase this game. So, yes, put in me on the side of those who think length does matter.

I've very much enjoyed what I've seen of this game thus far. I'm in chapter two. Wondering if I'll be wishing for a map at some point though although it is not needed so far.

Go to: