bfgRhone
Manatee
Manatee
4,302 Posts

Reviews for Haunted Legends: The Bronze Horseman

[Post New]by bfgRhone on Oct 7, 11 12:13 AM
Hi Fishies!

What do you think of Haunted Legends: The Bronze Horseman? Feel free to share your thoughts and opinions about the game in this thread. We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond! To help other players get the most out of your review, you could add a note stating if you played the trial or full version and how far you have gotten in the game!

A lot of fishies that will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include the words SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post .

For any comments or discussions other than your general feedback on this game you can create a new discussion in the game forum. If you’re experiencing technical issues with this game, be sure to pop over to the support thread dedicated to the game here.

Happy gaming!

bfgRhone

TeamSD
Clownfish
Clownfish
621 Posts

Re:Reviews for Haunted Legends: The Bronze Horseman

[Post New]by TeamSD on Oct 7, 11 12:55 AM
Bought the CE version and it's great as usual...

Bonus Chapter isn't that good and doesn't really need to fully understand the story so SE version should be good enough!  Graphics and animations are gorgeous, story is intense, voice overs are well done, puzzles are fun and HOG scenes are fun too. There's nothing to complain except that the game didn't bring anything new that we haven't seen before to us but anyway it's a great great game!

Length (Fast Player): 4 Hours
Bonus Chapter (If Needed): 40 Minutes

Grades:
Graphics: A*
Story: A*
Music: A*
Puzzles: A
HOG Scenes: A
Fun: A*
Gameplay: A
Overall: A*

My grades can be as high as A* or as low as F!

sunidayz
Minnow
Minnow
253 Posts

[Post New]by sunidayz on Oct 7, 11 1:24 AM
I remember playing the CE version and really enjoying it, noting it down that when the SE version came out , I would buy it. Well , after I played the demo with 15 mins. to spare, I am definitely buying this one. ( I tend to like the games by this developer anyways.) The graphics and music were great. The gameplay was fairly easy enough to follow. The **** scenes and minigames were challenging enough. I would rate this a 10 out of 10.

rhorho
Minnow
Minnow
256 Posts

[Post New]by rhorho on Oct 7, 11 2:20 AM
I could kick myself in the ****. I just purchased the CE yesterday, could have waited and got the SE. Oh well 3 for the price of 2 plus a little extra play makes me feel better.

jkuci
Flounder
Flounder
2,447 Posts

[Post New]by jkuci on Oct 7, 11 2:44 AM

I was disappointed in the CE offering but this is absolutely worth a punch card credit.

mamajay
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,222 Posts

[Post New]by mamajay on Oct 7, 11 2:45 AM
I tried the CE but decided to wait for the SE, and now that I have tried it again, I think I will purchase. A bonus I definitely wasn't expecting though, was that the SG would work!

However, I do wish ERS would change that darn music - it is the same music for just about every game now, and it has become very boring and very annoying, to say the least.

As always though, the graphics are lovely, and the story is interesting. I wonder if this is the end of that nasty little creature? I guess I will soon be finding out, lol.

Sorry, I'm not sure now if this is a review or a comment. Perhaps a bit of both, lol.

Jen

Puglet
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by Puglet on Oct 7, 11 2:49 AM
Thanks Team SD for letting us know that the bonus chapter wasn't necessary for the conclusion of the story.

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Oct 7, 11 3:00 AM
I haven`t bought the CE, because the game is too short in my opinion for a CE, but as the SE its a definete buy for me. Great graphic, storyline, hog-scenes and puzzles.

Angel369
Lobster
Lobster
95 Posts

Happy Friday

[Post New]by Angel369 on Oct 7, 11 3:12 AM
ooh been waiting for this SE to turn up and the finger's just hovering over the Buy button as I type just know it's gonna be great for ERS...they never disappoint IMHO...great start to the week-end
Hope everyone has a great one...

gillydi53
Clownfish
Clownfish
703 Posts

[Post New]by gillydi53 on Oct 7, 11 3:14 AM
I know spiritdog51 I spotted that and bought feeling a bit naughty now

skr041300
Guppy
Guppy
184 Posts

[Post New]by skr041300 on Oct 7, 11 3:14 AM
I agree with the comment regarding the music! Would have preferred different music. It's getting a little irritating and repetitive having the same music in all the games.

krissywillow
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,084 Posts

[Post New]by krissywillow on Oct 7, 11 4:52 AM
I don't want the SG. I never use them. Takes up unnecessary hard drive space and makes game bigger than it has to be. If this is a glitch I hope they come out w/ a new version that deletes the SG.

hcopter51
Minnow
Minnow
293 Posts

[Post New]by hcopter51 on Oct 7, 11 6:52 AM
I don't see how you can lose with this game in either the CE or SE....Fabulous game!!!!

[Post New]by princessbutter1 on Oct 7, 11 7:10 AM

Hi, fishes, i'm new at this I played the CE and loved it but what is SG?

waVcraZd
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,052 Posts

[Post New]by waVcraZd on Oct 7, 11 7:16 AM
Hi Princessbutter. Welcome to the forums.
The SG is the Strategy Guide, usually only available in the CE edition. (Collector's Edition)

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Oct 7, 11 7:39 AM
I too bought the CE version, and agree with TeamSD that the bonus game is not essential (although to be honest, I completely forgot what the bonus game was about). LOL

I am always surprised how quickly times flies and the SE comes out, and then I kick myself for not having waited for the SE and bought the CE instead. But I am getting better at it now - there are several CEs I am waiting for the SE release.

That aside... This is a very good game. I am surprised, to be honest, how many negative reviews there were when the CE came out, and how many positive reviews there are with the latest ERS game: Dark Tales: The Premature Burial".

I only played the demo of the latest game (am waiting for the SE), but thought that "The Bronze Horseman" was a far better and more entertaining game. But that`s just my opinion.

The graphics are great, the kids are cute, voice-over is good (except for the high-pitched voice of the girl), and the game is fun and entertaining all round.

Go buy the SE, fishies!

SeaBamboo
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,158 Posts

[Post New]by SeaBamboo on Oct 7, 11 8:43 AM
As we have come to expect from ERS the graphics & artwork are stunningly beautiful & there are lots of locations in this game. The music & background sounds are also very familiar.

I was surprised to find a strategy guide in a standard edition (SE) game however you only get 12 pages, no doubt to whet your appetite so you will buy the collector’s edition (CE) instead. Another surprise is that the hint button only appears in the hidden object scenes, there are sparkles in the easy mode & none in the hard.

There are a lot of H0 scenes in which many items are interactive & you will find objects that you need for use in other locations. You do get a diary but no map so you will need to do quite a lot of backtracking to solve puzzles once you find the items you require.

I will probably wait until I get a punchcard coupon before getting this one; it didn’t really excite me.

Edited on 10/07/2011 at 8:44:05 AM PST

Sablesshadow
Manatee
Manatee
4,347 Posts

[Post New]by Sablesshadow on Oct 7, 11 12:38 PM
SeaBamboo wrote:

I will probably wait until I get a punchcard coupon before getting this one; it didn’t really excite me.

I felt pretty much the same, SeaBamboo. I did use a coupon, and actually did enjoy the game. For me, it could have had fewer HOGs and more puzzles, which I do enjoy, but it was worth a coupon, IMHO.

lionscat
Guppy
Guppy
115 Posts

[Post New]by lionscat on Oct 7, 11 1:34 PM
I'm using a credit for this one. It looks well worth it. If we could use credits for collector's edtions, then I would buy a lot more collector's editions.

zorroback2
Herring
Herring
302 Posts

[Post New]by zorroback2 on Oct 7, 11 2:33 PM
Love the game! I am a huge fan of this developer and I am very happy with ERS games! Thanks ERS and BFG!!! Love you both !!!

Go to: