bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

Post any World Riddles: Secrets of the Ages technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Oct 7, 11 2:07 PM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

*Please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

Iggy1027
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

Re:Post any World Riddles: Secrets of the Ages technical issues here only

[Post New]by Iggy1027 on Oct 8, 11 2:11 PM
The "fix" didn't fix my problem. The game is still telling me I have more items to restore in ANCIENT GREECE. But it's not showing anything else to restore....and the few items I did restore show nothing but quotation marks when I click on the item to get its info.

I uninstalled and reinstalled the game as instructed, but still can't unlock the very last world because all items in Ancinet Greece have not been restored. This is VERY FRUSTRATING!!

parkfamks
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by parkfamks on Oct 8, 11 4:27 PM
I am having the same problem, only in Ancient Rome - I have finished all levels, but it still tells me I have items to restore. I am also only getting empty quotation marks on the item I have already restored. I uninstalled and re-installed, but it didn't help. Further levels are locked.

[Post New]by diana_j on Oct 8, 11 10:08 PM
No go with the "fix". Still telling me that I have more to restore in Greece.

seeme278
Squid
Squid
76 Posts

[Post New]by seeme278 on Oct 9, 11 1:15 AM
My issue is in Ancient Greece as well. I uninstalled and reinstalled. Level keeps telling me that I have other items to restore. I keep going to restore mode, but don't get the black shadow fo purchasing the the item. I've clicked on every item and some of the description screens were blank. Clearly something wrong in the program. This was a very difficult game to get through because of the colored squares -- too much gray on gray. I only bought it after other fishies commented that they found it got easier over time. It didn't, I just became more careful. It would be really frustrating if I had to start all over again. Help on the way?

[Post New]by greatdanelover on Oct 10, 11 12:55 PM
"World Riddles-Secrets of the Ages The fix that was posted did not solve the problem. Artifacts still need to be purchased and re-doing the level only gives 25 points at best. Artifacts cost 400 points. I'll be here til I'm old! Solution???? This is happening in both Tibet and Rome...

bfgHondo
Manatee
Manatee
3,712 Posts

[Post New]by bfgHondo on Oct 10, 11 2:38 PM
Hi fishies,

If you're still being told that you have more items to restore, please be sure to uninstall and reinstall your game to make sure you have the latest update.

If that doesn't solve the issue for you, you may want to try starting under a new player profile. (keep in mind that doing this will require you to start over from the beginning)

If none of these tips help, please contact Tech Support for further assistance by clicking on the green to the right of the page.

-bfgHondo

Edited on 10/10/2011 at 2:39:14 PM PST

[Post New]by diana_j on Oct 11, 11 9:18 AM
I uninstalled. I reinstalled. I "may want to try" starting all over again? That really isn't an acceptable solution.

bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Oct 11, 11 11:00 AM
Hey diana_j,

Sometimes starting over with a new player profile helps for all changes to take effect with the new build, but if this isn't an option you'd like to take, I'd recommend getting in touch with Tech Support so that our representatives can help you with further. Thanks!

-bfgArnoStyx

[Post New]by diana_j on Oct 11, 11 11:11 AM
Yep, did that yesterday and I am awaiting a reply. My issue here is that quite a few people are having the same problem and I would certainly start all over again if you could tell me that it would definitely fix the problem, but based on the "maybes" and "sometimes", it looks like a 50-50 proposition. Before I begin all over again (this is NOT an easy game), I would like to be sure that I can get through the game the second time around without the current issues. Appreciate your suggestions and I will await a response from tech support.

Diana

zandarn
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by zandarn on Oct 29, 11 4:08 PM
The fix is for Japan? Well I'm stuck on Egypt. I have one object left that is 550 points and there are only about 200 possible points left if I turn every last one to gold. It is not possible to complete. I guess I'll try the new download but like everyone else, I feel very frustrated.

[Post New]by morgaine75 on Oct 29, 11 9:08 PM
i reinstalled the game. But i already stuck in tibet.

the game told me to restore another object, but there is nothing.

The fix doesn`t work for me..

[Post New]by _tortiselady_ on Nov 7, 11 11:06 PM
Uninstalled, restarted computer, installed. Still stuck in China, with "items left to restore" But i cannot find any items.

deb911
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

[Post New]by deb911 on Nov 22, 11 5:53 PM
I contacted Tech Support and received an email saying they got my email. That was three days ago, can you tell me how long it takes for them to get me an answer? I would really like to finish the game

deb911
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

[Post New]by deb911 on Nov 27, 11 5:33 PM
Not because I wanted to - I just wanted to finish the game so I started over and that worked. This is a really bad "fix". I think we all should get a free game credit, for our troubles.

divaprods
Minnow
Minnow
285 Posts

[Post New]by divaprods on Dec 1, 11 2:22 PM
diana_j wrote:No go with the "fix". Still telling me that I have more to restore in Greece.

The fix didn't work for me, I'm stuck in Egypt and Tibet...........let's get a REAL FIX, BFG, since so many people are having trouble. And yes, I've uninstalled and reinstalled. What a waste of money

pat71896
Starfish
Starfish
49 Posts

I have quit BFG, TOO MANY ADVERTISMENTS

[Post New]by pat71896 on Dec 11, 11 4:53 PM

Pat

Edited on 10/12/2014 at 6:21:47 PM PST

pat71896
Starfish
Starfish
49 Posts

I have quit BFG, TOO MANY ADVERTISMENTS

[Post New]by pat71896 on Dec 11, 11 4:54 PM

Pat

Edited on 10/12/2014 at 6:20:22 PM PST

Cromaxgal
Clownfish
Clownfish
730 Posts

[Post New]by Cromaxgal on Apr 25, 12 3:29 PM
When I replay a level to try and get gold, I will hit the first 3-5 buttons and it tells me I've completed the level with gold. Wow, wish all the games were that easy. Is there something to fix this?

[Post New]by elzwood on May 23, 12 3:45 AM
I'm having exactly the same problem, stuck on Tibet and Egypt, I'm completing the levels again and again but not getting enough money to restore the items. Very frustrating because as another gamer pointed out, the other levels are locked. Is there any update yet?

Go to: