bfgKenai
Clownfish
Clownfish
864 Posts

Post any Reincarnations: Back to Reality Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgKenai on Oct 9, 11 12:11 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

*Please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

Re:Post any Reincarnations: Back to Reality Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by Short_Starfish on Oct 9, 11 12:23 AM
Why when I download does it say I'm out of time when I haven't even played it? Is this a re-release?

peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

Re:Post any Reincarnations: Back to Reality Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by peglegann on Oct 9, 11 12:36 AM
Same here. As soon as DL finished, I get "trial expired".
I know I have not done a beta on this and not demoed anywhere else.
Any ideas how to correct this?

Rebeca_Lily
Catfish
Catfish
1,515 Posts

[Post New]by Rebeca_Lily on Oct 9, 11 1:03 AM
Download passed fine, but:

1) I was forced again to change the DPI.
2) In the game, couldn't click on the hidden objects - all the time got an exit arrow; clicking on it passed the screen off the HOS screen out.

I won't buy anymore games which force me to change DPI - the developers have to take care of it, or lose profit. (W7, 32 bits, Home Edition, 150 chosen DPI).

The bug of not accessing the HOS objects has to be fixed.

Sorry...

peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

[Post New]by peglegann on Oct 9, 11 2:17 AM
This is spooky..................... after nearly 2 hours, (while I was doing other things) I decided to go to the GM to uninstall the game and try reinstalling it but when I went into the GM it was ready to play! Well, Halloween is on it's way! LOL!

julie421
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by julie421 on Oct 9, 11 2:32 AM

The game does'nt open .What is the good resolution ?

alpha_Tau
Squid
Squid
68 Posts

[Post New]by alpha_Tau on Oct 9, 11 2:38 AM
Well, here's another game that won't work in Windows 7.

Even though this happens with a minority of games, it's a big minority, and, to be blunt, I'm getting a bit fed-up with this.

The basic reason for my pique is that Windows 7 is a mature operating system with some longevity behind it and a wide user base. I mean, really!!! Windows 8 is due out soon and Windows XP is no longer fully supported (and won't be supported at all, soon) by Microsoft.

Nowadays, games should be developed using tools compatible with Windows 7. If they are not then, given the prevalence of Windows 7 users, advice should accompany each individual game about whether or not it can run under Windows 7, along with specific compatibility-settings guidance.

I have tried all of the general compatibility guidance that BF provides, without success (ie it won't run in Windows XP or Windows Vista compatibility mode, with or without the various other options set).

If anyone does get the game to run under Windows 7, please could you post the compatibility settings that you used?

Yours steamingly,
aT

shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on Oct 9, 11 3:34 AM
Alpha Tau Are you sure that your Video drivers and DirectX, etc are current and up to date? I have Win7 64 bit and I don't have any problems with any games. Maybe checking these things may help you?

julie421
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by julie421 on Oct 9, 11 4:09 AM
I have also Windows 7 64 bits and it does'nt run.

alpha_Tau
Squid
Squid
68 Posts

[Post New]by alpha_Tau on Oct 9, 11 4:30 AM
shadowfax44 wrote:Alpha Tau Are you sure that your Video drivers and DirectX, etc are current and up to date? I have Win7 64 bit and I don't have any problems with any games. Maybe checking these things may help you?

shadowfax44: thanks for your response.

Yes, I have the latest video drivers and Direct X, etc. I always keep those sorts of things up to date, so they shouldn't be the issue. As for Windows versions, I am also using 64-bit Windows 7, and it is always kept up-to-date with all relevant Microsoft-provided updates, etc.

Thank you for your suggestions, gratefully received.

Best regards,
aT

PS: Something weird has just happened. I took off all of the compatibility settings and the game now works! That should not have happened, since the settings are now the same as when the game was first installed and first tried (ie none of the boxes checked).

Edited on 10/09/2011 at 5:29:03 AM PST

[Post New]by dobbiemijnboekje on Oct 9, 11 4:35 AM
I have too WIN7 64 bit. Every game runs perfect.

heathbb
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by heathbb on Oct 9, 11 8:00 AM
I paid for the game and now it wants a security key to play it??? someone fix this now please! good money spent on trouble!!!

jim89
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
3 Posts

[Post New]by jim89 on Oct 9, 11 8:02 AM
For all the people that have Windows 7 you have DirectX 10. a lot of the games require DirectX 9.oc as well which you can download. hope this helps

[Post New]by tassan on Oct 9, 11 11:14 AM
Again the game trial time had already expired. I have not played this game before!

bfgHondo
Manatee
Manatee
3,712 Posts

[Post New]by bfgHondo on Oct 9, 11 11:26 AM
heathbb wrote:I paid for the game and now it wants a security key to play it??? someone fix this now please! good money spent on trouble!!!

Hi heathbb,

If you're being asked for a security key to play this game, please contact Tech Support and one of our reps will be able help you with this. For more information, please refer to the following help article:

Security Key Error

Hope this helps!

-bfgHondo

[Post New]by jcsmith6347 on Oct 9, 11 11:39 AM
I couldn't even download the game it messed up my computer tried ctrl alt delet nothing tried turning off computer nothing had to unplug not going to touch this one

tatajojo
Lobster
Lobster
85 Posts

[Post New]by tatajojo on Oct 9, 11 4:01 PM
Hi Fishes

Well, similar trouble there with the trial bit: played it for less than 5mn and then got the infamous sentence "your trial has expired blah blah blah". Another "flawfull" game surely, I won't even touch that one with a barge pole...very disappointing from BigFish.
The latest purchase I have done is Roads to Rome III and that works tick boo, so I do not think my PC or graphics settings can be that faulty; I run Windows 7 and Nvidia and that gives me altogether great pleasure from various games suppliers...so BigFish will just have to miss on mu custom for that one ...their problem for getting their act right!

grobbie8
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by grobbie8 on Oct 10, 11 2:40 AM
julie421 wrote:
The game does'nt open .What is the good resolution ?

grobbie8
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by grobbie8 on Oct 10, 11 2:44 AM
Having the same problem. Game will not open at all. When I click on plaly now sound goes bleep blue ring spins, then nothing happens. I have W7 latest, 6 months old, also having same old problem with GM not responding. Fed UP

bfgKenai
Clownfish
Clownfish
864 Posts

[Post New]by bfgKenai on Oct 10, 11 3:09 AM
Hi Fishies,

If you received a "Trial Expired" message after downloading the game but didn’t actually get a chance to play the game, please get in touch with our Customer Support team who will be able to help you out with this .

You can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages. In the help page section, scroll down and you will find the option to contact us on the bottom left under Contact Us.

Hope this helps!

bfgKenai

Edited on 10/12/2011 at 7:01:08 AM PST

Go to: