rthomas
Lobster
Lobster
82 Posts

question about level 4:2

[Post New]by rthomas on Oct 9, 11 9:49 AM
I've read the hints and strategies that have been posted in the other 4:2 posts but I have a question about how this level is running. My workers are running very slowly. It's like they're running in very slow motion. I can't even get close to winning this level even after following the strategies posted and I'm in easy mode!
Rain

pecabo1338
Clownfish
Clownfish
549 Posts

Re:question about level 4:2

[Post New]by pecabo1338 on Oct 9, 11 10:17 AM
Have you built the cobbler shop? The shoes make my workers move so fast that it's hard to follow them.

Without the shoes my workers also move in extra slow mode.

[Post New]by Chmar10 on Oct 9, 11 2:53 PM
I am having the same exact issue, practically un-playable. It is so frustrating. Same thing on 2.10 & 3.10, but not as bad as 4.2.

foothill
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

[Post New]by foothill on Oct 9, 11 3:30 PM
I think it is lag due to the huge fire field by the altar, as I have the same
issue. I have reached expert now in hard mode on all levels but this one
due to the lag. The cobbler does no good till that fire is gone. By then though
I am almost to the time limit for expert.

ricoblade
Catfish
Catfish
1,657 Posts

[Post New]by ricoblade on Oct 10, 11 1:58 AM
Same here - I've tried the walkthrough posted above and get nowhere near and am now thinking it's the lag due to the masses of fires.

I've been having a similar dialogue about 2:10 where someone has posted a walkthrough that others have used successfully and I can't get to work and again, I'm now thinking it's the lag from lots of fires that's affecting me.

[Post New]by KrissyLynn33 on Oct 10, 11 5:38 PM
Hi everyone. I am also experiencing extreme lag in this level. Once the altar fire is put out, it begins to run just fine. I've been back and forth with Realore help via email for weeks. They can't understand the issue that I'm having and are trying to tell me that it's my ability rather than game lag. Very frustrating!

rthomas
Lobster
Lobster
82 Posts

[Post New]by rthomas on Oct 10, 11 5:58 PM
Following up on my original post. Its somewhat reassuring that i'm not the only one experiencing this problem. Although I finally got it in the easy mode, i'm now trying all the levels in the normal mode and once again i'm stuck. My strategy in the easy mode was to get to the storehouse very quickly but in the normal mode this strategy isn't working. I realize the huge fire is partly to blame for the slowness of the workers, but this is agonizingly slow. I honestly don't mind a challenge but this tops the cake for me in challenges.
Rain

Edited on 10/10/2011 at 5:59:16 PM PST

robin94122
Salmon
Salmon
2,810 Posts

[Post New]by robin94122 on Oct 10, 11 6:17 PM
I've just posted a detailed walkthrough for 4.2 (Normal mode, Expert time) for slower clickers. It involves getting all four workers before you build the Storehouse and only picking up the resources you need, which means you're doing a lot fewer activities.

If there's a lag issue, it might help, just because you get a worker speed bonus for having four workers and you're not doing as many things. So you might consider giving it a try.

Good luck--I know it's frustrating. This was a really difficult level for me, it took me about 2 weeks to come up with a strategy that worked.

Robin

ricoblade
Catfish
Catfish
1,657 Posts

[Post New]by ricoblade on Oct 11, 11 2:01 AM
KrissyLynn33 wrote:Hi everyone. I am also experiencing extreme lag in this level. Once the altar fire is put out, it begins to run just fine. I've been back and forth with Realore help via email for weeks. They can't understand the issue that I'm having and are trying to tell me that it's my ability rather than game lag. Very frustrating!

Tell them from me I have exactly the same issue and it speeds up no end when you clear the Altar and hence all the fires.

It's sooooo frustrating as this is the last level I have to complete on Hard but I think it may be do-able with the lag with a different strategy that uses the tips already posted in getting all the workers a lot earlier and also early Cobbler to try and compensate. I can get it so I am on the Runestone when time runs out so am off to try and optimise it further.

rthomas
Lobster
Lobster
82 Posts

[Post New]by rthomas on Oct 11, 11 3:47 PM
I've continued to try different strategies to win this level but I continue to fail. One thing I've noticed is that when I build the cobble and pick up the shoes, it doesn't make my workers go any faster at all (before I clear the fire). I've tried to use the cobble to help my workers gather supplies faster, but it doesn't work. Has anyone else had this problem? It does help once the fire is out but makes not a bit of difference before the fire is out. I can't get enough resources to put the fire out no matter what strategy I try especially since the shoes don't help them move any faster.
Rain

Tsunami60
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by Tsunami60 on Oct 11, 11 4:39 PM
I'm also having the lagging problem, it's so frustrating

ricoblade
Catfish
Catfish
1,657 Posts

[Post New]by ricoblade on Oct 12, 11 5:40 AM
I can't get enough resources to put the fire out no matter what strategy I try especially since the shoes don't help them move any faster.
Rain

Hmmm, maybe a strategy is to fully upgrade the Pumping Station to get more Water and thus clear the Altar earlier but then I'm sure you'd be scuppered with not enough Gold and I'm pretty sure the level relies on the Storehouse being fully upgraded to get enough Gold...

[Post New]by corgis10 on Oct 12, 11 2:57 PM
The game is fun, but if I can't finish because of a game issue then I've wasted a game credit!

[Post New]by corgis10 on Oct 12, 11 6:10 PM
Kind of wonder if the lag is intentional!?...hmmm

[Post New]by NegraMurguera on Oct 14, 11 4:40 AM
Robin's strategy is all right!!
I'd tried it after being more than one week losing: it really works!
Have the maximum of workers and upgrade ths storehouse early, and you won't even need to upgrade pumpwater nor goldmine!!
Thanks a lot Robin!
And good luck to everyone... now you know it's possible

ricoblade
Catfish
Catfish
1,657 Posts

[Post New]by ricoblade on Oct 15, 11 6:01 AM
Finally, finally, finally I managed Expert on Hard!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It took a combination of strategies from on here, so thanks to everyone for those, and just trying various combinations myself to make it work.

What worked was getting the 3rd worker a lot earlier than other strategies and the 4th worker still relatively early - I think this made up for the lag I and others are experiencing while there are still all the fires on the screen before you pay the Altar.

foothill
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

[Post New]by foothill on Oct 15, 11 6:40 AM
YAYYYYYYYYYYYY, Finally got expert on this level, and with plenty of time left.
Definitely helped getting the workers early on.
Thanks to all those that have posted tips. Now on to the bonus levels.

Cinders31
Minnow
Minnow
214 Posts

[Post New]by Cinders31 on Oct 15, 11 5:15 PM
okay I am really stuck with this and it is driving me crazy. TWO WEEKS and can't finish this one. I read above that Robin has a walkthrough posted for this one level but it isn't mentioned WHERE this walkthrough is.

HELP PLEASE??

ok, I found it. did not realize all we have to do is click on a name and we see the post they have done lol

gonna try this walk through soon.

Edited on 10/15/2011 at 5:23:33 PM PST

Mauilady3
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by Mauilady3 on Nov 2, 11 9:37 PM
I've been working on this level for sometime now and I'm still stuck. I've read the walkthrough but still stuck. After reading some of the other posts, I'll try putting out the fires sooner. Is the walkthrough correct in that I don't need to build the workshop or the brewery???

robin94122
Salmon
Salmon
2,810 Posts

[Post New]by robin94122 on Nov 4, 11 7:18 PM
I'm not sure which walkthrough you're referring to (several have been posted). I did build the building which gives you the Hammer, but not the one that gives you the Axe. You will have to build the Brewery, it's one of the goals for the level, but you can leave it until near the end in the Normal mode.

Robin

Go to: