Alaska Level 2

[Post New]by JewelKitty on Oct 9, 11 5:33 PM
I am having problems with getting the income up to $5000...does anyone have any tips? At one point in the level I can get close...but am getting frustrated! Help!!!

PB2010
Guppy
Guppy
135 Posts

Re:Alaska Level 2

[Post New]by PB2010 on Oct 9, 11 8:29 PM
Hi there

I've just replayed it and I think the key is about the layout rather than having everything at three stars (since I finished in about 14 mins without having upgraded most production to three nor most trucks!).

I started by building the plastic factory on the main island. But kept the double slot (on the main island) for the Appliance factory and later the Furniture factory. So that they were close to the supermarket.

I upgraded the recycling centre, plastic factory and the oil derrick immediately (and the trucks). Then waited a very long time for enough money to generate.

I built the microchip factory and steel mill on the south island (the one with the bridge pre-made) and then the gold. And bought another dumpster just for those three. Upgraded all to one star (plus trucks), then built the appliance factory near the supermarket so that got my appliances into the supermarket. Upgraded all to two star (plus trucks). Then I built a furniture factory next to the appliance factory, upgraded the plastic factory to three stars and then added a second plastic truck to it (I had two trucks, okay so one has to wait but hey!).

I also upgraded the recycle centre and oil derrick to three stars.

I then waited an age for the 20,000 bridge (not the 15,000 one - I never built that one), but whilst waiting put all the roads in place and bought another dumpster. I then built the fabric set (wool, cotton, factory) on the third island, with the wood a little further back. I was then upgrading all the trucks and factories and was busy doing that when the finishing bit came up!

Edited on 10/09/2011 at 8:30:49 PM PST

[Post New]by dainty1541 on Oct 10, 11 9:22 AM
Thanks PB2010.

It seems the key is in not over upgrading your trucks because if you do the money earned is lower if you don't have a full load!!

Edited on 10/10/2011 at 9:38:20 AM PST

[Post New]by JewelKitty on Oct 10, 11 8:11 PM
Thanks for the tips...I will try them!

[Post New]by hockeymom521 on Oct 14, 11 7:18 PM
I have followed your tips exactly twice and still can't do it. Any other ideas?

lisakell
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by lisakell on Oct 15, 11 10:05 AM
After trying and trying for hours I finally found a way. As soon as you delivered all the stuff you need to the supermarket, upgrade all your trucks to the max and switch them to factories that you can upgrade to the max(even though it means you have two trucks going the same route). So that all your trucks carry full load, then you will get the 5000 in no time!

vero0655
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by vero0655 on Oct 15, 11 8:39 PM
i did everything you sid but cant reach 5000.00 please more ideas

[Post New]by aimiep19 on Oct 16, 11 3:13 PM
I've also played this level twice for forty-five minutes each time. I've tried all the above hints and the closest I get to $5000 is $4500, which is so close and totally frustrating. Obviously, it's possible so maybe I'm just not getting it. I think I need a complete detailed walkthrough for this level. I just want to be able to move on. I'm sick of this level and I wish you could just skip it.

[Post New]by Celina98 on Oct 17, 11 2:20 AM
Hi, So I create, not this level. I can not see all my buildings to expand to three stars. Maybe it does not work because of it. Can you expand all the buildings on three stars? When I feel the iron factory, furniture factory, the factory chip and two others not expand to three stars. Do you still ne other idea? Excuse me if my English is not so good.

Paradell
Starfish
Starfish
57 Posts

[Post New]by Paradell on Oct 17, 11 10:45 AM
Tried all your tips.....I think that Celina may be on to something.....I am going to go back and re-do some other levels to earn invest points and buy all investments I can...then I'll replay this level again....

[Post New]by gillsmith42 on Oct 17, 11 1:43 PM
This one is definitely all about balancing and layout. I followed the layout tips included in one of the earlier posts and then concentrated on making sure that trucks were not higher stars than the place they were serving.

Heres the end state that worked for me.
Shoppping Mall 2*
Oil Derrick 3* Once stock built up at Plastics factory moved the 3* truck over to the Recycling plant
Recycling plant 3* 1 truck 3* (plus the one moved from the Oil Derrick)
Furniture 1* with truck 1*; Appliance 1* with truck 1*; Plastic 3* 2 trucks both 1*
Microchip 1* with truck 1*; Gold 3* with truck 3*; Steel 1* with truck 2*; Wool 1* with truck 1*; Fabric 1* with truck 1*; Sawmill 1* with truck 1*, Cotton 1* with 1* truck
It finally worked when I removed the 2* struck delivering appliances to the supermarket and replaced it with a 1* - per the earlier post about reduced income
Also had gone back to earlier level to earn points so could upgrade Gold.
Took ages but at least I completed the goals.

Paradell
Starfish
Starfish
57 Posts

[Post New]by Paradell on Oct 18, 11 6:00 AM
Thanks - gillsmith42! I will try your layout and see if I can finally complete this level.....this is getting frustrating.

mcurty
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,991 Posts

[Post New]by mcurty on Oct 18, 11 3:40 PM
PB2010, Thank you and all the others who have offered help with this level. I finally passed it! It only took me 45 min this time.

I used PB2010's layout, but I did build the second bridge. Then I tinkered and tinkered with the trucks to get everything flowing. I had to move trucks around a bit on their deliveries due to fires, etc. even though I built a fire station.

This was a extremely frustrating level for me because I reached $4500 several times and then a fire or something would happen to decrease income. I didn't have all the upgrades available for the Microchip Station and the factories. I could only upgrade 1 star, but I did get it to work.

Thank you to those who take the time to share your methods and ideas. I am enjoying this game , but it is a quest to see if I can get the next level completed rather than relaxing and watching things happen.

Warfield
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by Warfield on Oct 19, 11 6:27 PM
This may sound stupid as I have no idea whether this was the reason or not. I only know that I worked on this level for a week, followed all of your tips, went to the walkout on the G5 website, and still could get only $4800. Then, after upgrading the trucks to 3 stars, refreshing the routes, in despair I put in 2 more fire stations and upped them to 3 stars. (I found out they don't need roads). When I made the 3rd fire station 3 stars I made it! I wish this game would let you skip a level and then come back to the really hard ones. Sometimes it's too hard.

[Post New]by inzisivus on Oct 20, 11 6:57 AM
I´m trying for more than a week, even with the walkthrough of g5. no way. where is the sense of making it so difficult? challenging is ok but too hard makes no sense.
even with the walkthroug of g5 sometimes there is no finishing in expert modus.
i´d like to see somebody of g5 doing it ....
when somebody finds a solution, please let us know.

Sunbreak
Guppy
Guppy
108 Posts

[Post New]by Sunbreak on Oct 20, 11 11:40 AM
I think that environment is definitely a factor we tend to overlook. We know it affects the revenue you get from hauling people in a scenario but I am finding it seems to affect industrial revenue as well,. When in doubt build a park see if that helps.

mistyelle
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by mistyelle on Oct 20, 11 6:39 PM
ii finally managed it by demolishing firestation and building another oil derrick. I was stuck on $4500 for ages and that finally sent it over

ruthiepic
Flounder
Flounder
2,095 Posts

[Post New]by ruthiepic on Oct 25, 11 2:42 AM
gillsmith42 wrote:This one is definitely all about balancing and layout. I followed the layout tips included in one of the earlier posts and then concentrated on making sure that trucks were not higher stars than the place they were serving.

Heres the end state that worked for me.
Shoppping Mall 2*
Oil Derrick 3* Once stock built up at Plastics factory moved the 3* truck over to the Recycling plant
Recycling plant 3* 1 truck 3* (plus the one moved from the Oil Derrick)
Furniture 1* with truck 1*; Appliance 1* with truck 1*; Plastic 3* 2 trucks both 1*
Microchip 1* with truck 1*; Gold 3* with truck 3*; Steel 1* with truck 2*; Wool 1* with truck 1*; Fabric 1* with truck 1*; Sawmill 1* with truck 1*, Cotton 1* with 1* truck
It finally worked when I removed the 2* struck delivering appliances to the supermarket and replaced it with a 1* - per the earlier post about reduced income
Also had gone back to earlier level to earn points so could upgrade Gold.
Took ages but at least I completed the goals.

This is the one that worked for me! I took my 2* trucks from the appliance and furniture factories to the supermarket and replaced them with 1* trucks and it completed, just in time too! Thanks a lot for ALL the advice on here, I followed a little bit of everyones. I LOVE this game, but it's so frustrating! Maybe that's why I love it so much. I have been playing it for weeks.

ricoblade
Catfish
Catfish
1,657 Posts

[Post New]by ricoblade on Nov 4, 11 6:53 AM
lisakell wrote:After trying and trying for hours I finally found a way. As soon as you delivered all the stuff you need to the supermarket, upgrade all your trucks to the max and switch them to factories that you can upgrade to the max(even though it means you have two trucks going the same route). So that all your trucks carry full load, then you will get the 5000 in no time!

Wow - I'm doing VC2 second time round and couldn't for the life of me figure this one out.

Then I read your tip about only having routes from 3* facilities with 3* trucks and not worrying about duplicate routes once you've achieved all the other goals and it worked like a dream!

P.S. No idea how I did it 1st time round!

Go to: