57 Posts

Re:Comments for The Three Musketeers: D'Artagnon and the 12 Jewels

[Post New]by Agent_99 on Oct 10, 11 12:11 AM
dobbiemijnboekje wrote:HdO game!

Yikes! you're right! Not a game for me.

[Post New]by sonicflood132 on Oct 10, 11 12:12 AM

Not even worth it. These games are all the same: crappy.

[Post New]by Streifenbarbe on Oct 10, 11 12:14 AM
No, thanks!

megwoman25
Clownfish
Clownfish
742 Posts

[Post New]by megwoman25 on Oct 10, 11 12:18 AM
you know some of their games recently haven't been quite bad. They always release on MAC first but BFG doesn't give MAC players the right to open up forums and give reviews. I have no idea why that is so anyways this one and another one I played seemed to improve a little. Like now they have bonus stars and the items are bigger. The title screen is still wonky but the game itself was okay. Like when The Profile Killer comes out or something to that effect, play that one because even though its by HdO, I got so lost in it that time ran out on the demo which has never happened to me with a HdO game and I would have purchased it but it was a lil on the short side which amazed me also. They must be listening or at least trying because these newer ones aren't as bad as their old ones.

Becca_jxxx
Guppy
Guppy
169 Posts

[Post New]by Becca_jxxx on Oct 10, 11 12:19 AM
This is a Hdo game so I will not be downloading it.

88blyth
Catfish
Catfish
1,705 Posts

[Post New]by 88blyth on Oct 10, 11 12:28 AM
not downloading either, for those fishies who say..."give it a try"....no thanks, a lot of fishies KNOW what Hdo games are like!!!

[Post New]by WolfenRaindancer on Oct 10, 11 12:37 AM
HdO = NO. No need to try them, as I dislike them more than any other hogs. And I had already read the bad reviews somewhere else awhile back.

1unicorn
Guppy
Guppy
104 Posts

[Post New]by 1unicorn on Oct 10, 11 1:00 AM
What is HdO?

alpha_Tau
Squid
Squid
68 Posts

[Post New]by alpha_Tau on Oct 10, 11 1:05 AM
Oh dear!!! Another HdO game!!!

The same boring presentation, bad UI, average-to-bad everything else, same-as-the-previous-one vibe, etc, etc.

I should have checked before downloading, then I wouldn't have wasted my time.

However, I hope that those fishies who find these games acceptable do, indeed, enjoy them. Meantime, I will await the next TGT and hope for something better.

Best regards,
aT

sunidayz
Minnow
Minnow
253 Posts

[Post New]by sunidayz on Oct 10, 11 1:10 AM
Yes, an Hdo game. Seems everyone has the same opinion on these games. Played the demo anyway and fits right in with the typical Hdo specs. After about 40 mins., kept looking at the clock to see how much time was left, I wanted it to be over. I know I could have just stopped and exited out, but I like to finish the demo. Maybe its a Type A personality thing or something?!!! lol I would rate this a 5 out of 10.

alpha_Tau
Squid
Squid
68 Posts

[Post New]by alpha_Tau on Oct 10, 11 1:15 AM
1unicorn wrote:What is HdO?

I don't know what it stands for (if anything), but these games all appear to be product of French developer Anuman, and seem to be known, collectively, as the "HdO Adventure" series.

There have been quite a few of them over the years, but they are all presented the same way, with the same user interface and main-character-centred view-point.

The main problem with them (for me, at least) is the UI style, which is annoying, and the "sameness" of the general presentation, H0 scenes and mini-games, within and between all of the titles.

Perhaps other fishies have fuller information or alternate view-points to offer.

Best regards,
aT

bfgKenai
Clownfish
Clownfish
864 Posts

[Post New]by bfgKenai on Oct 10, 11 1:15 AM
Hi fishies,

We have a new forum for The Three Musketeers: D'Artagnon and the 12 Jewels!

The moderation team has gone ahead and moved this thread over to the new The Three Musketeers: D'Artagnon and the 12 Jewels Forum.

This discussion can be continued over in the new forum so feel free to repost your great comments in the Review Thread

Happy Gaming!

peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

[Post New]by peglegann on Oct 10, 11 1:50 AM
megwoman25 wrote:you know some of their games recently haven't been quite bad. They always release on MAC first but BFG doesn't give MAC players the right to open up forums and give reviews. I have no idea why that is so anyways this one and another one I played seemed to improve a little. Like now they have bonus stars and the items are bigger. The title screen is still wonky but the game itself was okay. Like when The Profile Killer comes out or something to that effect, play that one because even though its by HdO, I got so lost in it that time ran out on the demo which has never happened to me with a HdO game and I would have purchased it but it was a lil on the short side which amazed me also. They must be listening or at least trying because these newer ones aren't as bad as their old ones.

Well said megwoman, I always try their games in the hope that they will improve and this one has! Not enough to buy but the dev's are at least trying to change.

molla311
Stingray
Stingray
4,680 Posts

[Post New]by molla311 on Oct 10, 11 1:54 AM
Unicorn, this is what I found:

Hdo is a trademark for a series of Hidden Object Games by developer Solilabs.

If you write hdO in the search all forums you will find treads about it.
This is a helpful way to use if you wonder about something.
Hope this helps

Edited on 10/10/2011 at 1:55:04 AM PST

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Oct 10, 11 2:52 AM
I feel rather sorry for the HdO development people, having brought out only one type of game that almost no one wants to play.

I tried a few HdO games before, but the buttons and the many many many different buttons/ways of instructions how to do a simple jigsaw puzzle put me off their games completely. And until HdO changes their layout of their games, I am not even considering to download the demos that are offered here so frequently.

Happy Monday, everyone! It`s cold and wet and grey where I live - love it.

shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on Oct 10, 11 3:05 AM
sonicflood132 wrote:

Not even worth it. These games are all the same: crappy.

I will not even try to improve on your post Sonicflood. That was a perfect summation to echo my thoughts.

ETA: I do have a question though. How is it that these devs keep churning these games out? The majority of BF members see the HdO name and run like the wind in the opposite direction. How do they stay financially afloat and keep making games like this one? I find this so curious... are the financially independent or something? Who are these guys?

Edited on 10/10/2011 at 3:14:38 AM PST

riverdiver
Shark
Shark
11,426 Posts

[Post New]by riverdiver on Oct 10, 11 3:17 AM
megwoman25 wrote: They always release on MAC first but BFG doesn't give MAC players the right to open up forums and give reviews. I have no idea why that is so.

Hi megwoman!
Of course Mac users are given a forum for their games, whether they come out first or after the PC release. Most Mac users comment in the Mac user forum, see the TGT thread.

I did trial "The Three Musketeers", the best I can say about this game: no glitches.

Happy week!

shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on Oct 10, 11 3:20 AM
megwoman25 wrote: {clipped} ... BFG doesn't give MAC players the right to open up forums and give reviews. I have no idea why that is so...

@megwoman What? Well that is completely unfair and I absolutely don't understand this. I have much more to say about it but I can't do it here.

Go to: