cleoladycat
Manatee
Manatee
3,734 Posts

Todays DD 10 October 11 Comments and reviews.

[Post New]by cleoladycat on Oct 10, 11 12:10 AM
Any comments fishes?

underwriter
Herring
Herring
356 Posts

Re:Todays DD 10 October 11 Comments and reviews.

[Post New]by underwriter on Oct 10, 11 12:27 AM
Have it; like it very much; had crashing problems and went to customer service, and basically it turned out, although I had the latest Adobe Flash, it was glitching because the uninstall of the older Flash had left traces; used Adobe's own uninstall and put the new one back and have had no problems since. I mention this because a lost of posts mention problems, but with a little research and patience they are fixable, and are probably not BFG's fault.

joyce2121
Manatee
Manatee
4,490 Posts

[Post New]by joyce2121 on Oct 10, 11 1:06 AM
Too many glitches for me. Had the problem with accessing
the right side of the inventory. Took the advise offered in
the tech thread to reduce to windowed mode. Could indeed
reach the inventory then, but don't think I should have
to go thru all of this just to play.

Ample time has passed since the game was introduced
for a fix to have been offered. Not fixed. No buy.

cll1950
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,099 Posts

[Post New]by cll1950 on Oct 10, 11 1:59 AM
I downloaded and it said I had 3 min. left, so I got a demo from another site. No way I had ever played 57 min. of this game and not remembered it, unless I was in a coma. The loading of scenes was painfully long, they took up most of the 30-40 min. I demoed. The flowers were impossible to see. But you had this charming little fairy to give you hints. It's a frog/hog.

After playing about 10-15 min. I was going to bail but I stuck it out for a little longer. By the time the Earl went missing and I had to give Mary a little nip to get through the excitement, I started laughing and continued to laugh through the cottage. This is one dopy game but I might just buy it for the laugh value. It might be good to keep on my desktop to play when life gets too real.

it is so very cute and the mix of game play keeps it interesting. I'm going to check back to see if there are too many glitches reported to take a chance on buying. So I may pick up this cute little puppy and laugh my troubles away.

Good night all

Edited on 10/10/2011 at 2:27:46 AM PST

LovetoMissLisa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,823 Posts

[Post New]by LovetoMissLisa on Oct 10, 11 2:08 AM
I have this game and like it very much. I have never had any problems. I love the romantic feel of the whole game. The graphics are very beautiful and charming. This is another great deal at DD prices. BF is giving some real gems for a good cause this month. Enjoy!

DMH5321
Minnow
Minnow
250 Posts

[Post New]by DMH5321 on Oct 10, 11 6:55 AM
I tried this one a few weeks ago, and while it didn't pull me into buying at that time, I thought it would be fine with a good sale. As it is today's DD, I will be buying. The setting is attractive and bright. It is a nice change from dark and dreary.

snapnhiss
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by snapnhiss on Oct 10, 11 6:57 AM
On one hand, I regret buying this before trying it. On the other, it was only $2.99.

Some of the objects are impossible to see even with a hint. Brown flowers on tree bark, green flowers on grass, and many of the items are extremely small. It's a bit too precious for my taste as well with lots of pink and hearts and lace.

TeamSD
Clownfish
Clownfish
621 Posts

[Post New]by TeamSD on Oct 10, 11 6:59 AM
Didn't like this game much but 2.99 is fine

MEnr56
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,984 Posts

[Post New]by MEnr56 on Oct 10, 11 8:16 AM
TeamSD wrote:Didn't like this game much but 2.99 is fine

I TOTALLY AGREE! I'm happy that I didn't spend more than the $2.99 DD for this game; the objects (particularly the diamonds) were ridiculously difficult to find which made this game very frustrating and annoying.

The best that I can say for it is that I purchased it during this month with donating a nice portion of each going to the cancer research cause.

MEnr56

krissywillow
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,084 Posts

[Post New]by krissywillow on Oct 10, 11 9:39 AM
This one constantly shows up on my GM as a "game I'll love". Since I practically live at BFG, I doubted that. As today's DD, I took a look at the screenshots to remind myself why I never bought (or even demo'd) this one.

The screenshots show a type of graphics style I hate..can't describe it, just hate it; it almost always includes leetle tiny objects you can't find.

Lo and behold I come here and read DD comments and many ppl who tried it said the objects are tiny and impossible to find!

'nuff said. lol

[Post New]by daisyduck352 on Oct 10, 11 10:42 AM
The game just don't say buy me.. even at the DD price. I can't see buying it if you don't like the game. Some of the items were just too hard to see and had to wait for hints to reload.

harlequen
Catfish
Catfish
1,724 Posts

[Post New]by harlequen on Oct 10, 11 10:44 AM
Very cute game, (after spending over 5 hours on Tamara the 13th where it was impossible to find anything) this one is a breeze, object are not to hard to find and the diamonds wasn't hard to find either, liked the puzzels, and the little fairy gives you some good advice.

Overall a nice relaxing game, just started capter 3 after 1 hour Demo.

I'm glad that I bought it

grannyq
Minnow
Minnow
257 Posts

[Post New]by grannyq on Oct 10, 11 1:35 PM
snapnhiss wrote:On one hand, I regret buying this before trying it. On the other, it was only $2.99.

Some of the objects are impossible to see even with a hint. Brown flowers on tree bark, green flowers on grass, and many of the items are extremely small. It's a bit too precious for my taste as well with lots of pink and hearts and lace.
That's why I tried this game. I won't pay for any game that is irritating. I do not enjoy looking for impossible to find pieces.

kdubs
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,480 Posts

[Post New]by kdubs on Oct 10, 11 5:03 PM
Yet another HOG with very small objects. Also it is a FROG on some screens so looking for pieces of items. Other screens are multiples of one item.

One technique of 'hiding' objects is color on same color, so better have excellent color vision in addition to just overall sharp eyesight. Otherwise this could cost you alot of hints.

I didn't have any trouble spotting the diamonds (optional) -- it was the required items I struggled with!

On the positive side, the scenery is quite lovely and the music pretty appropriate to the love story turned mystery of the missing Earl.

I actually would have purchased this game which offers light interaction with Fragmented Objects you have successfully completed -- except I'm slightly colorblind and my eyesight isn't all that sharp -- so that left me out.

Those who you who purchased the game, enjoy.

LadyDream
Clownfish
Clownfish
515 Posts

[Post New]by LadyDream on Oct 10, 11 9:38 PM
Rats. Wanted to like it, as they give me a cute little fairy to help me out, but it's just too tiny. Went to options and it had widescreen checked, tried to uncheck it but it told me it didn't have a windows mode, so how is that an option? Things would have been small even if it had been full screen, but I probably would have bought it as a DD.

[Post New]by gifford on Oct 12, 11 8:30 AM
Having trouble getting from scene to scene. It says to check somewhere else but can't leave the earls chambers. any ideas. please help.

Go to: