CHAPTERS 5 - 8 / Any info on the release date?

[Post New]by dylansmom1979 on Oct 10, 11 3:15 AM
Another player posted on another website that they heard something about a Nov release date.

I sure hope this is correct since it was not from anyone from the company that made the game.

Since the word isnt official, I just hope the player knew what they were talking about because it was the ONLY info I found all over the internet that even gave a hint as to maybe when the rest of the game was releasing.

I really enjoyed this game so I hope it is Nov. It would be better to be this month since it is close to Halloween.

Anyone know if this info on the release date is correct?

bfgKenai
Clownfish
Clownfish
864 Posts

Re:CHAPTERS 5 - 8 / Any info on the release date?

[Post New]by bfgKenai on Oct 10, 11 3:21 AM
Hi dylansmom1979,

Most of the times, Mudrock and Picman are the only ones that will offer any sort of information on games to be released on our site. But even then, any release dates provided are not set in stone mostly because we want to make sure every game we sell is properly tested before it goes live on the site. Sometimes that means the schedule gets changed from time to time. Computer software and programming tools can be unpredictable.

As soon as the moderation team is provided with information about an upcoming game, we always let our forum users know first .

Hope this helps!

BfgKenai

Tailteann
Clownfish
Clownfish
584 Posts

[Post New]by Tailteann on Oct 23, 11 11:19 AM
I loved this game so much I want chapters 5 through 8, then I want another with chapters 9 through 12, and so on. One of the best games ever.

[Post New]by Webpaige333 on Oct 29, 11 7:40 PM
I know, right?! This was my First game I ever played since I started this HOG mania! I love these games, but this one made me laugh out loud! The lead character was such a smarta** and the music was so quirky that it has stayed with me for an entire year! I really hope the makers get it together and bring us another delightfully twisted game!

[Post New]by dylansmom1979 on Nov 4, 11 1:32 PM
Yeah, when they release the rest of Dying for Daylight, I hope they do another game like this. Same format, with spooky elements but also quirky. I loved it.

[Post New]by ArmyWifey86 on Nov 27, 11 11:12 AM
I loved this game! Only reason I tried it was because I love Charline Harris! Her books are awesome so I figured any game she put her name on would be just as good and wow! Can't wait until they come out with another part!!!

[Post New]by remington07 on Dec 8, 11 10:51 AM
Any word on other releases? I had no idea I was at the end of the game when I reached the end of chapter 4. I kept looking for information such as a walkthrough for the next segments.

[Post New]by Gevant on Dec 31, 11 7:56 AM
BfgKenai - thanks for the message, but come on, can't you give us a little better than the purely canned message, like at least indicating that the sequel is/is not in development. This is, by far, my favorite game from BFG. I don't post much but I've been buying BFG games for several years on disk and about 18 months as a subscriber. Please, at least let us know that there will be more in this series.

[Post New]by dylansmom1979 on Jan 5, 12 12:50 AM
I wish the developers of the game would realize even if they are not finished with part 2 or havent even started working on it yet, fans just want some info. We are being left in the dark on it and even if they dont have a release date as of yet, they could release something letting the fans know that they havent forgotten about the rest of the game and their progress on it since its the rest of a game and NOT a sequel.

If anyone has any info at all, if the game is NOT getting finished, if it is but they dont know when it will be released. If they know it will be this year but just dont know what month, if they know what quarter of this year it will be out if its out this year at all.

I would love for the rest of Dying for Daylight to be out very soon, but I would settle just for some info, anything at all.

[Post New]by dylansmom1979 on Feb 6, 12 12:53 AM
Even if the release isnt anytime soon, I would be happy with just a confirmation that it is even going to happen at all. I have heard so many rumors that they werent going to finish it at all so I hope thats not true.

Belladonna32
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
20,941 Posts

[Post New]by Belladonna32 on Feb 6, 12 1:06 AM
I agree - I loved this game & would love to have the next part.

[Post New]by dylansmom1979 on Mar 11, 12 1:15 AM
I think it would be at considerate of them to at LEAST admit they are NOT doing it at all instead of making us wait and wait and wait for no info at all.

I would really hope they make it, but if they arent I would at least like some good manners on their part and they come out to someone they arent doing it so the fans can quit wondering.

It would be nice if they would realize how bad we want it and just tell us either they are doing it, but they havent started yet, they are doing it and are in the process of making it, OR just NOT doing it at all so we will quit waiting and wondering on something that aint happening.

[Post New]by dylansmom1979 on Mar 19, 12 1:02 PM
For info about the rest of Dying for Daylight go here:

http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/204024.page

SandaLs503
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by SandaLs503 on May 31, 12 1:23 PM
Thanks Dylansmom for the info...I finally played it and absolutely LOVED this one, and I have a lot of games!! I see you just posted a new link so I hope its good news!! ;-)

[Post New]by WickedlyBookish on Aug 5, 12 1:54 PM
I agree.

It would be really nice to get an update on this. Like I said on a similar thread, IMO it is very poor ethics to drag in fans of Charlaine Harris and her creations, leave them with a cliffhanger and then give up on production because the seemingly unfinished product upset some BF customers. I understand wanting to start a series and leaving a little mystery to keep people invested in the next game. However there are plenty of series like Awakening, Mystery Case Files, and Dark Parables that do this seamlessly while still providing a complete product.

All the feedback from fellow BF gamers made me wait on this one to become a daily deal or catch of the week before I bought it. After reading reviews saying it was incomplete and very short I wasn't about to dish out the SE price. I avoid short games as much as possible, but this one was really great despite its length. Very well made, just disappointing that it has taken so long for them to come out with another.

Part of me wonders if they are doing this on purpose to hype up the next game, make it more desirable and mysterious. Honestly I think there is enough of a following to make this unnecessary. Just come out with the next one already. Give us some kind of update. I think you will find a mass following that has been waiting patiently.

[Post New]by loonielyn on Oct 16, 12 7:46 AM
i do love dyeing for daylight but has anyone found out when the next parts coming out as i have completed the game and i am wanting to hurry up n play the next half !

[Post New]by nascarbob4344 on Oct 26, 12 2:07 PM
im begining to wonder if part 2 is even coming out there have been no updates in quite some time it would be really sad to just drop it

game_happy
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by game_happy on Jan 16, 13 1:47 PM
Like other players, I loved episodes 1 through 4 and am anxiously awaiting 5 through 8. Seems like it's been a long time since I played the first 4 chapters. Was a disappointment when I saw to be continued. PLEASE give us chapters 5 through 8 so we can complete the story and put our minds at ease. Love Dahlia! She's a pistol! :-D

Edited on 01/16/2013 at 1:49:02 PM PST

Bhilithinn
Guppy
Guppy
145 Posts

[Post New]by Bhilithinn on Feb 5, 13 6:26 PM
Something tells me they're never going to release it . I mean what it's been close to 2 years now?

Charlaine Harris' web page, ask Charlaine link

[Post New]by bootylicious82 on Apr 17, 13 1:58 PM
I totally agree that it is rude and misleading to not only make a half finished game when it costs the same as a completed title. And then not to work on the second half / finishing the final part is annoying and makes you less likely to buy games from that company again.

As the writer of the characters and story is vital , the production of the game is key.

I have found ' charaline harris' personal website , which has a ' ask a question ' section so even though you have to subscribe I think if enough people rant and rave and demand an answer, a result it will hopefully show how much we want and deserve to get what we paid for , and spent time on. As fans.

http://www.charlainmleharris.com/index.ht[b]

I hope this helps and will get some way into solving a mistery that has gone on too long and should never really have been started in the first place.

Go to: