robin94122
Salmon
Salmon
2,810 Posts

4.2 (Normal Mode, Expert Time) for Slower Clickers

[Post New]by robin94122 on Oct 10, 11 12:37 PM
I am not a quick clicker. It took awhile to find a Normal Expert strategy, but this works for me. The idea is to get 4 workers early so you'll have one to pick berries, chop trees, and pick up boots, and to get the Max Storehouse as soon as possible. Only pick up 1 gold nugget before the Storehouse is at max, and you'll be able to leave the Pumphouse and the Gold Mine at Level 1.

On the other hand, we want to get the Sawmill to Level 2 pretty early. Postpone using the Blue Bag until the Storehouse is at max and you have the Smithy built so you can use the Hammer to collect Gold.

We will chop all the trees by the Camp and 3 by the lower portal, but none of the trees by the Crystal or behind the Idol.

The key to this strategy is to get speed from having four workers, Boots, and the Hammer, but to limit the number of resources we have to collect and buildings we have to upgrade, and only get what we need. Avoid the temptation to upgrade a building just because you have the materials to do so. Any upgrade takes time, and time is what you have the least of on this level.

The strategy for quick clickers involves keeping all workers busy all the time. However, the strategy for slower clickers is about collecting only what you need, so there will be a few times when you will have workers waiting around. That's OK. Don't collect anything that costs you resources unless it's on the list below. You can pick berrries if you have a worker truly sitting idle.

The only costly resources you will collect will be all the Trees on the left of the bridge, 2 white stones by the Sawmill, 1 Gold Nugget by the Cobbler early on, 3 Trees by the lower portal, 2 white stones by the Storehouse, and then eventually all the gold nuggets (but save those until you're ready to use the blue bag about 2/3 of the way through the level).

Good luck!
Robin

Edited on 10/12/2011 at 8:29:50 PM PST

robin94122
Salmon
Salmon
2,810 Posts

Re:4.2 (Normal Mode, Expert Time) for Slower Clickers

[Post New]by robin94122 on Oct 10, 11 12:38 PM
This should get Normal Expert consistently.

1. Build the Pumphouse.
2. Upgrade the Camp to 2 workers.
3. Build the Sawmill while the 2nd worker chops trees.
4. Collect water and Sawmill wood.
5. Put out the fire that blocks access to the Farm.
6. Chop the fallen tree.
7. Upgrade the Camp to 3 workers.
6. Continue collecting berries, chop trees, get pump water and sawmill wood.
8. Build the Farm. Once the Farm is built, if you have a worker with nothing to do collect 2 Stones near the Sawmill.
9. Upgrade the Sawmill to Level 2.
10. Build the Cobbler. From now on collect boots whenever available. Also from now on collect everything at a building as soon as practical, but always collect Boots first.
11. Clear access to the Gold Mine. No matter how tempting, do not clear potholes or fires along the road yet unless you have to to get past them.
12. Collect one gold nugget just to the left of the cobbler to give access to those trees.
13. Upgrade the Camp to 4 workers.
14. Put out the fire at the Gold Mine and build it.
15. Clear the way towards the Storehouse, clearing only necessary items.
16. Put out the fire blocking the way to the Portal.
17. Collect the Portal Key if you haven't already.
18. Upgrade the Storehouse to Level 1 and then Level 2.
19. Build the Smithy.
20. Upgrade the Storehouse to Level 3.
21. Take the Key to the Portal by the Storehouse.
22. Chop 3 trees by the lower Portal.
23. Clear the Boulder near the Storehouse blocking the Idol.
24. Clear the Fire by the Brewery. Do not clear potholes yet.
25. Build the Brewery.
26. Wait until the Storehouse is at Level 3 and there are Boots, Hammer, Stopwatch, and Blue Bag. Collect Boots, Hammer, Blue Bag and the Stop Watch. Now get as much gold as you can, including all nuggets. After that, pick up everything by buildings, then collect 3 stones by the Storehouse.
27. Clear the Idol as soon as you have what you need.
28. While you are waiting for the Idol to clear, fix potholes in the road, but don't put out Fires.
29. Once the Idol is clear you work in 3 directions at once. Clear the road going up. Clear the road going left to the Runestone. Clear the main road.
30. Collect Gold Nuggets along the top road, but don't chop any more trees. (Put the fires out on the lower road last, you want to be able to get to the Runestone as quick as you can.)
31. Collect the Crystal.
32. Now only collect what you will need, which is probably Gold, Food, and powerups (Boots, Hammer). You may need more water, and another Stone or two depending on how much you got with the blue bag.
33. Once the path to the Runestone is clear, put out the fires on the lower road.

Edited on 10/12/2011 at 8:35:35 PM PST

robin94122
Salmon
Salmon
2,810 Posts

[Post New]by robin94122 on Oct 10, 11 12:39 PM
So you are going to do upgrades in this order:

Build Pumphouse.
Upgrade Camp to 2 workers.
Build Sawmill.
Upgrade Camp to 3 workers.
Build the Farm.
Upgrade Sawmill to Level 2.
Build the Cobbler.
Build the Bridge to the Gold Mine.
Upgrade Camp to 4 workers.
Build the Gold Mine.
Build the Bridge to the Storehouse.
Build Storehouse to Level 1 and then Level 2.
Build the Smithy so you get the hammer speed.
Upgrade Storehouse to Level 3.
When you can collect the Hammer, Boots, Blue Bag, and Stopwatch, then collect all the gold nuggets, any food, any water, 2 trees, and 3 stones.
Build the Brewery.

Good luck! This is working for me every time now.
Robin

Edited on 10/12/2011 at 8:36:01 PM PST

robin94122
Salmon
Salmon
2,810 Posts

[Post New]by robin94122 on Oct 10, 11 12:50 PM
One more thing. There is a fire to put out by the gold nuggets on the upper path on the way to the Runestone. For some reason it doesn't show up well on my computer. So make sure you get it put out after you clear the Idol so you can start collecting those gold nuggets and get to the Runestone. You want to put that fire out before the one at the very top of the screen so you can get to work on those boulders.

Robin

[Post New]by LatteFueled on Oct 11, 11 6:22 PM
Thanks Robin! Finally got through it!

[Post New]by czechincolorado on Oct 12, 11 6:46 PM
Thank you very much, I finally got through! It was my last level to get and I was always about 20 seconds late. My mistake was trying to upgrade too many buildings. Thanks again.

Edited on 10/12/2011 at 6:46:41 PM PST

EHinSF
Guppy
Guppy
133 Posts

[Post New]by EHinSF on Dec 5, 11 2:27 AM
I've had to repeat several levels before, but not as many times as I did this level. Robin, you seem to have it down to perfection. I have learned now that building the cobbler and storehouse as quickly as possible is very important. Also to upgrade resources that are most critically needed first (sawmill, goldmine, storehouse). Gold is a key resource for this level. It took me 9 tries to get it.

robin94122
Salmon
Salmon
2,810 Posts

[Post New]by robin94122 on Jan 10, 13 3:25 PM
bump

mcurty
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,991 Posts

[Post New]by mcurty on Jan 16, 13 9:29 PM
Robin94122,

Thank you for your detailed instructions on some of these totally frustrating levels. By using your advice and help, I was able to complete the game and bonus levels.

I got so frustrated when I first played, that I gave up on Level 4. It just wasn't working for me. Thanks again for helping me to feel that I finally finished this game.

Go to: