textrekkie
Shark
Shark
13,265 Posts

Reviews for NagiQ

[Post New]by textrekkie on Oct 11, 11 8:02 AM
This is a word game similar to CrossWords and is geared toward young players, although it can be enjoyed by word puzzle lovers of all ages.

Older players may not care for the simplistic screens and explanations, but the game play is the same as for any CrossWord game except the play stops after reaching a certain number of points, which can happen rather quickly if you use large words. (I managed to complete the first five boards with only 3 words each).

During the demo period, I tested the on-board dictionary with words such as juggernaut, egregious, cacophony, agglomerate, composite, procrastinate, cogitate, ruminate, assimilate, etc. and had no problem with them being accepted.

This game would make a nice learning game for the youngsters and possibly a nice little filler word game for those liking CrossWord style puzzles.

bfgKenai
Clownfish
Clownfish
864 Posts

Re:Reviews for NagiQ

[Post New]by bfgKenai on Oct 11, 11 9:50 AM
Hi Fishies,

We have a new forum for NagiQ!

The moderation team has gone ahead and moved this thread over to the new NagiQ Forum.

This discussion can be continued over in the new forum so feel free to repost your great comments in the Review Thread

Happy Gaming!

ecblisa
Stingray
Stingray
5,078 Posts

[Post New]by ecblisa on Oct 11, 11 9:52 AM
There has been a drought of good new word games, so I tested this one and was very pleasantly surprised. Like textrekkie, I found the dictionary very complete, and the game more sophisticated than the simplistic presentation would suggest. Once you get through the early boards, completing a board can be quite difficult, mainly because it plays like Scrabble (you always have to include one or more existing letters), so so you sometimes have to plan several steps ahead to make a difficult link.

I highly recommend doing a full hour-long trial to anyone who likes word games.

Howatch
Manatee
Manatee
3,952 Posts

[Post New]by Howatch on Oct 11, 11 3:09 PM
If you look at the posted screenshots under the download, one of them shows a sample crossword with the word "puppets" misspelled. I sure hope that was fixed in the final product.

Go to: