bfgRhone
Manatee
Manatee
4,302 Posts

Reviews for Juliette's Fashion Empire

[Post New]by bfgRhone on Oct 12, 11 12:13 AM
Hi Fishies!

What do you think of Juliette's Fashion Empire? Feel free to share your thoughts and opinions about the game in this thread. We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond! To help other players get the most out of your review, you could add a note stating if you played the trial or full version and how far you have gotten in the game!

A lot of fishies that will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include the words SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post .

For any comments or discussions other than your general feedback on this game you can create a new discussion in the game forum. If you’re experiencing technical issues with this game, be sure to pop over to the support thread dedicated to the game here.

Happy gaming!

bfgRhone

Edited on 10/12/2011 at 5:46:44 AM PST

TeamSD
Clownfish
Clownfish
621 Posts

Re:Reviews for Juliette's Fashion Empire

[Post New]by TeamSD on Oct 12, 11 12:50 AM
Developer: E-Fun Soft

Missed this type of game so much, so this is a big BUY from me.

The game is very similar to Sally's series, drag customers around the shop to each station, service them and play mini games! Graphics are really nice, music are great, story is good and the gameplay is really enjoyable. Instead of customer checking out at the cashier, they (the models) have to go on fir a walk in fashion show and we will recurve money. The other thing I love about this game is that in each city we will have a competitor to compete with, try to make more sells than him/her so you will not feel like playing for nothing! Tons of upgrades are avaliable, and you no need to buy it again when you move to the next city

Grades:
Graphics: A*
Story: B
Music: A
Features: A*
Fun: A*
Gameplay: A*
Overall: A*

My grades can be as high as A* or as low as F!

Poem123
Guppy
Guppy
135 Posts

[Post New]by Poem123 on Oct 12, 11 1:10 AM
This is a well made "salon-type" game (you prepare models for the catwalk). Bright colors, smooth/intuitive interface, non-annoying music, lots of upgrades (including hired help).

For me, it doesn't offer anything new over existing games I have - but it's a really nice game that TM fans are sure to enjoy.

Edited on 10/12/2011 at 1:12:46 AM PST

gmac1007
Clownfish
Clownfish
569 Posts

[Post New]by gmac1007 on Oct 12, 11 1:14 AM
I have to agree with you TeamSD great game already purchased it and I'm having a blast. Nice graphics lots of different clothing, jewelery, and other things nice upgrades as well. Your in competition with other designers to make it to the top of the fashion industry. You sit the models where they need to go when they come in and then you fix their make up and hair once that is done you move them to the dressing room and dress them then when it becomes available you move them to the accessories counter where you place jewelery or whatever they want on them and then it's off to the catwalk and the judges give their scores. Later you can hire assistants for handing out juice or whatever they ask for also you can hire a make up assistant and a dressing room assistant. When you do the make up it's done like the Sally games by pressing whatever the model is requesting it's also the same when you dress the model you press the arrow until you see the model smile. This game is lots of fun and it does get pretty challenging as you go and the competition gets harder with each designer you compete against. Great game thank you devs. and Big Fish for another great tm game !

Edited on 10/12/2011 at 1:15:33 AM PST

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Oct 12, 11 4:00 AM
This is a very cute time management game, similar to Sallys Salon. The only minus for me is, that the game doesn`t have a widescreen option. For me its a buy

SuzanneB
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by SuzanneB on Oct 12, 11 11:39 AM
TeamSD wrote:Developer: E-Fun Soft

Missed this type of game so much, so this is a big BUY from me.

The game is very similar to Sally's series, drag customers around the shop to each station, service them and play mini games! Graphics are really nice, music are great, story is good and the gameplay is really enjoyable. Instead of customer checking out at the cashier, they (the models) have to go on fir a walk in fashion show and we will recurve money. The other thing I love about this game is that in each city we will have a competitor to compete with, try to make more sells than him/her so you will not feel like playing for nothing! Tons of upgrades are avaliable, and you no need to buy it again when you move to the next city

Grades:
Graphics: A*
Story: B
Music: A
Features: A*
Fun: A*
Gameplay: A*
Overall: A*

My grades can be as high as A* or as low as F!

Agree with all of the above. What I like best is how you can also employ more people than usual in a TM game and also go back and try to do better if you don't get the expert score. However one slight gripe it's a bit shorter than I would have liked however I've bought it and I'm quite happy with it.

lilTweet7
Herring
Herring
333 Posts

[Post New]by lilTweet7 on Oct 12, 11 2:59 PM
Cute game, for all the reasons others have mentioned. However, too easy... managed gold stars on all levels. Game is too short.

mendolyn
Guppy
Guppy
129 Posts

[Post New]by mendolyn on Oct 12, 11 4:06 PM
had a lot of fun playing the demo and will most likely get this one soon. the gameplay, while similar to other games like Sally Spa etc, didn't seem redundant to them. it was fun and had lots of things to upgrade that you actually get to take with you to the next city *gasp*. i always hate going back to instanewb every time you go to a new location and find out that while you could run really fast at the last place, you can't now, ugh. this game doesn't downgrade you from place to place, thank you developers! plenty of tasks, cute personalities, and interesting upgrades make this an overall pretty nice TM game.

my only question is how long is it? has anyone played it thru? i'm already into my second city in the first hour of demo time and don't want a super short disappointment on my hands.

Imberis
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,263 Posts

[Post New]by Imberis on Oct 12, 11 4:29 PM
mendolyn wrote:had a lot of fun playing the demo and will most likely get this one soon. the gameplay, while similar to other games like Sally Spa etc, didn't seem redundant to them. it was fun and had lots of things to upgrade that you actually get to take with you to the next city *gasp*. i always hate going back to instanewb every time you go to a new location and find out that while you could run really fast at the last place, you can't now, ugh. this game doesn't downgrade you from place to place, thank you developers! plenty of tasks, cute personalities, and interesting upgrades make this an overall pretty nice TM game.

my only question is how long is it? has anyone played it thru? i'm already into my second city in the first hour of demo time and don't want a super short disappointment on my hands.

I agree with the "instanewb" part. LoL. I love that the upgrades come with you. The game is really fun. The stories so far are sort of boring, but that's OK because I still really enjoy the Sally's Salon-type gameplay.

Mendolyn, to answer your question, there are five cities in total, so the game is not terribly long.

doylebaby
Starfish
Starfish
47 Posts

[Post New]by doylebaby on Oct 12, 11 5:02 PM
A fun game. Being able to upgrade is always a plus for me. Maybe it's a bit too easy, but very enjoyable. After the demo I bought it because I didn't want to stop playing!

mendolyn
Guppy
Guppy
129 Posts

[Post New]by mendolyn on Oct 12, 11 5:56 PM
Imberis wrote:

I agree with the "instanewb" part. LoL. I love that the upgrades come with you. The game is really fun. The stories so far are sort of boring, but that's OK because I still really enjoy the Sally's Salon-type gameplay.

Mendolyn, to answer your question, there are five cities in total, so the game is not terribly long.

thank you for answering me so quickly. i'm dying to find something to buy tonight!!! i have husband-out-of-town-bored-out-of-my-gourd-itis and need something to do. even tho its short, (by my calculations of 5 cities = 2 1/2 maaaybe 3 hrs, its short) i might still pick it up. i really was having a good time playing it and i bet my daughters will like it too. i agree with your story comment, but these games aren't meant to have more than a superficial story to shove the gameplay along anyway, if any developer even dared to make a deep and interesting story all you would see is people complaining about all the reading and they just want to play lol. thanx again Imberis!

probaby221
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by probaby221 on Oct 12, 11 10:49 PM
I liked the game..wanted to know how many levels..does anyone know?

[Post New]by Rosiemarieny on Oct 12, 11 11:20 PM
Fun game, 5 cities to play in. I managed to get finish the first one, New York and I was halfway though the second, Milan. I enjoyed the game and this will definitely be one that I will pick up. It's been a while since there has been a tm game, mostly lately there have been a lot of HOG's, not that I have anything against them, but the ratio of hog's to other games was not even at all. Good game!!

mkastor
Herring
Herring
375 Posts

[Post New]by mkastor on Oct 13, 11 5:01 AM
This isn't bad..kinda fun. The models lose patience quickly so you have to move. The upgrades cost alot. I played for an hour and will buy it with a credit. It's a good game!

I'm actually more shocked to see these models actually eating sandwiches!!!! LOL!

Altmoabit
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by Altmoabit on Oct 13, 11 5:52 AM
I love TM games but this one just won't do. Been there,done that. graphics are like of those games that came out some long time ago. Very simple and not challenging at all. Repetitive and upgrades are nice but really boring. reminds me too much of Sally's, maybe couple of years back I had enjoyed it more but this is a no buy for me. There are better TM games out there.

MsHamster
Lobster
Lobster
87 Posts

[Post New]by MsHamster on Oct 13, 11 10:10 AM
Enjoyed the demo, but this game is not for me. I tend to prefer the TM games that don't require you to drag people around the screen, but I do enjoy trying out all the TM games. Keep them coming!

Lord_Lollipop
Guppy
Guppy
130 Posts

[Post New]by Lord_Lollipop on Oct 13, 11 12:21 PM
So so game. Kind of a . I lasted forty-one minutes in the demo.

Edited on 10/13/2011 at 12:22:31 PM PST

[Post New]by SmokeyMtnLinda on Oct 13, 11 2:58 PM
Hi! LOVE IT! LOVE IT! LOVE IT! I haven't enjoyed a game this much since the Sally's Spa series or my personal favorite Posh Boutique 1 and 2. Storyline, graphics and gameplay is great ... hope to see this game followed with more series; just a little longer play. Thanks BF!!!

rncurtin
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by rncurtin on Oct 13, 11 4:16 PM
LOVE IT Thank you so much for the TM The graphics are fun, the music is upbeat, and the goals do get harder with each level. Perfect match for an old TM'r like me.
Bought and finished but will go back to get the gold on the last twenty levels where I settled for silver so I could read the storyline LOL

[Post New]by hcaine on Oct 14, 11 12:44 AM
This reminds me of "Pageant Princess" except in PP the customers are girls at a mall-type pageant and not professional models.
The bright graphics are appealing but the story gets boring and the actions tedious when you keep playing. It is nice to see you can get an upgrade for extra help with additional employees.
I will not buy outright but will wait for a punch credit.

Hilary

Go to: