momo2006
Herring
Herring
361 Posts

Re:MCF 2012... Picman's official clues and intrigue

[Post New]by momo2006 on Nov 6, 12 12:12 PM
Good afternoon Detectives! Just a little reminder to those who have played the beta, please do not comment on any theories that have been put forth

Thank you, that is all. Carry on.

dzzzy
Flounder
Flounder
2,473 Posts

[Post New]by dzzzy on Nov 6, 12 12:13 PM
Hondo wrote:Wow, that was might impressive AndrewB179!

On a totally different note, I remember Picman saying that he was going in to see the doc today. I'm not sure if he's back yet... When he does get back, I'm sure he'll stop by with another clue.

Also, I must warn you all to be careful where you go looking for clues. Not all paths lead to the same destination.

Happy sleuthing!

-Hondo

I take this to mean we should keep our facebook clues seperate from our spec thread clues.

Fargosis16
Minnow
Minnow
267 Posts

[Post New]by Fargosis16 on Nov 6, 12 12:14 PM
momo2006 wrote:Good afternoon Detectives! Just a little reminder to those who have played the beta, please do not comment on any theories that have been put forth

Man I need to stop giving people that link

1_of_5
Marlin
Marlin
8,238 Posts

[Post New]by 1_of_5 on Nov 6, 12 12:14 PM
Don't think so. It's not mentioned in this thread and it's a fellow gamer behind it. Could be wrong though.

sunfish09
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,595 Posts

[Post New]by sunfish09 on Nov 6, 12 12:15 PM
Finally Greek is solve Yay.

As to Picman's clue I got nothing a lot of fishies are writing down exactly what I'm thinking.

Usually people say Dr not doc unless you are Bugs Bunny,
Is this game like Poltergeist lost souls who need's to be lead to the right path
Uptown or downtown ??

dogmama
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,998 Posts

[Post New]by dogmama on Nov 6, 12 12:20 PM
Maybe he's going to a doctor of divinity ?

sunfish09
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,595 Posts

[Post New]by sunfish09 on Nov 6, 12 12:26 PM
Dogmama did you apply for the paranormal Investigator?? You seem to have a lot of experience about it .

Fargosis16
Minnow
Minnow
267 Posts

[Post New]by Fargosis16 on Nov 6, 12 12:26 PM
Doc......
Dr. Robert Lanswiller from Escape from Ravenhearst Act 5 the asylum?
Could we be meeting his ghost in shadow lake?

GameLvr30
Stingray
Stingray
4,785 Posts

[Post New]by GameLvr30 on Nov 6, 12 12:27 PM
momo2006 wrote:Good afternoon Detectives! Just a little reminder to those who have played the beta, please do not comment on any theories that have been put forth

I like the sentiment but I have a feeling a lot of people are posting theories here and just not admitting they played the beta.

It happens every year and pointing out someone has insider information just puts a spotlight on what they wrote opposed to ignoring it and letting the post get swallowed up in the flow of the discussion.

Purplerabbit
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
18,590 Posts

[Post New]by Purplerabbit on Nov 6, 12 12:32 PM
bekair wrote:Just searching around a bit and I discovered a movie called
"CHERNOBYL DIARIES"

about 6 tourist that hire a guide to take them to an abandoned city "PRIYAT"

The former home of workers that worked at the reactor.

When they get there - "THEY FIND THAT THEY ARE NOT ALONE"

bbt

Hubby was watching it the other day. Not a nice film!

dogmama
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,998 Posts

[Post New]by dogmama on Nov 6, 12 12:34 PM
1_of_5 wrote:Don't think so. It's not mentioned in this thread and it's a fellow gamer behind it. Could be wrong though.

I don't think I will look at it as things may be written that I don't want to see...

picman050967
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,226 Posts

[Post New]by picman050967 on Nov 6, 12 12:34 PM
If you're having trouble solving yesterday's puzzle, it might be because you're missing some pieces.

Add 3 e's to my last clue, and you'll have all you need to solve it. Sorry. Azer...

Apparently the fog in my head is as thick as the fog over Elliot Bay this morning. Doc said to take it easy, so today’s post will be short. If you need a nudge in the right direction, Hondo says he'll reveal the key on his birthday.

Picman

dzzzy
Flounder
Flounder
2,473 Posts

[Post New]by dzzzy on Nov 6, 12 12:36 PM
picman050967 wrote:If you're having trouble solving yesterday's puzzle, it might be because you're missing some pieces.

Add 3 e's to my last clue, and you'll have all you need to solve it. Sorry. Azer...

Apparently the fog in my head is as thick as the fog over Elliot Bay this morning. Doc said to take it easy, so today’s post will be short. If you need a nudge in the right direction, Hondo says he'll reveal the key on his birthday.

Picman

Are we thinking anagram?

nyanyamaria
Guppy
Guppy
109 Posts

[Post New]by nyanyamaria on Nov 6, 12 12:39 PM
Not sure if the FB clues are what Hondo meant in his last post. I wouldn't trick all the facebook users with red herrings... That's bad for business

nyanyamaria
Guppy
Guppy
109 Posts

[Post New]by nyanyamaria on Nov 6, 12 12:41 PM
picman050967 wrote:

"Azer..."? Are we on the right track with Azerbaijan?

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Nov 6, 12 12:42 PM
picman wrote:Sorry. Azer...
Azerbaijan is on the Caspian Sea, near Georgia. Perhaps that's where the game is set.

[Post New]by dragon_frosty on Nov 6, 12 12:42 PM
Just brainstorming.

If "It isn't fixed raid" is related to Russia - being a neighbor of Georgia and Caspian Sea, can we be looking for something that has happened to a Tsar - who is a king but does not speak the king's tongue.

Rearranging the sentence with Tsar in mind --> "If Tsar X died in it".

Looking up death of Tsars --> Tsar Alexander I's death was a mystery, he's supposed to have caught a cold which developed into typhus/typhoid(?)(some website said typhus and some typhoid), and died in 1825, but when the Soviet government opened his coffin in the 1920s, it was found empty!

Looking up typhus --> among the symptoms, there are fever, malaise, headache, chills, and may develop into delirium and gangrenous sores (welt?)

I don't know if this is relevant but I find it quite creepy.

dzzzy
Flounder
Flounder
2,473 Posts

[Post New]by dzzzy on Nov 6, 12 12:42 PM
nyanyamaria wrote:Not sure if the FB clues are what Hondo meant in his last post. I wouldn't trick all the facebook users with red herrings... That's bad for business

I don't think the facebook clues are red herrings. Rather, the facebook clues point to one aspect of the game and the spec thread clues point to another. They both deal with the game, but might not be meant to be thought of in tandem.

Fargosis16
Minnow
Minnow
267 Posts

[Post New]by Fargosis16 on Nov 6, 12 12:42 PM
It would be awesome if we do get to meet Charles' father in this game! He could open a whole new door in the dalimar storyline ((ravenhearst story+13th skull)) afterglow, he was Charles first friend/companion before he met Emma. He doesn't seem.....human, as the game hints (the raven,the Madame fate freak show poster, eating and binding souls, also when Charles said he taught him about love- am I the only one who thought that sounded kinda....pedophilic?) yet Charles seems to be somewhat ignorant of his role model. Maybe the intellectual diffrence between Charles and victor is to that of the intellectual diffrence between Charles' father and Charles himself? Also there is a theory that the '2' means Charles had an older sibling, who could've been murdered by their father at shadow lake by means of drowning (most likely before Charles was born or during infancy) what a twist it would be if Charles' father was a good guy the entire time, and the dead sibling was Charles GOOD twin which the father mistook for the evil one. Or in ravenhearst Charles mumbles something about being 'cursed' maybe it turns out there's some Heretity curse on the dalimar family tree? After all, none of Charles relatives has died of a natural cause thus far.

weissvonnix
Marlin
Marlin
8,067 Posts

[Post New]by weissvonnix on Nov 6, 12 12:44 PM
GameLvr30 wrote:

I like the sentiment but I have a feeling a lot of people are posting theories here and just not admitting they played the beta.

It happens every year and pointing out someone has insider information just puts a spotlight on what they wrote opposed to ignoring it and letting the post get swallowed up in the flow of the discussion.

ls it that, why everyone is ignoring my last three posts, or just because l´m soo wrong?
l didn´t get a beta. l wish l had. But nope, zilch..

Go to: