bfgRhone
Manatee
Manatee
4,302 Posts

Post any Haunted Halls: Fears from Childhood Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgRhone on Oct 13, 11 12:15 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

*Please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

Blackstaff
Lobster
Lobster
88 Posts

Re:Post any Haunted Halls: Fears from Childhood Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by Blackstaff on Oct 13, 11 12:32 AM
Well, from start to finish, download time was clocked at 24 minutes and 32 seconds. And yes, prior to downloading I made sure that TLS 1.0 was checked and that my DEP settings were correct as well as making sure other programs were closed to decrease lag time.

This was the longest download for me to date, since the new game manager and its various upgrades came along.

And then once it finally downloaded, it froze and crashed before any play time commenced. So I've trash-canned it and am currently undergoing another marathon length download time. Grrr..........

peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

Re:Post any Haunted Halls: Fears from Childhood Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by peglegann on Oct 13, 11 12:40 AM
I have been DL games every day and the TGT it has come up with an error code 769. Times 3! Have binned it for now to see if anyone else has the same problems.

gameswolf
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

[Post New]by gameswolf on Oct 13, 11 1:06 AM
Another ERS game that will not even open. Does anyone know what is wrong with so many games by this particular developer ?

peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

[Post New]by peglegann on Oct 13, 11 1:32 AM
gameswolf wrote:Another ERS game that will not even open. Does anyone know what is wrong with so many games by this particular developer ?

Welcome to the Pond
Sorry to repeat things that you may already have been told. Have you clicked on the green envelope to the right of this page?
customer services are the best around, give them a chance to help, they really are good!

bfgRhone
Manatee
Manatee
4,302 Posts

[Post New]by bfgRhone on Oct 13, 11 1:48 AM
Hi fishies,

Sounds like this game is giving some of you some trouble. If you're currently getting 769 errors, the steps in the below help article may help:

Errors: 769, 772

If you're experiencing crashes or if your game won't start up at all, it might help to update some software components on your computer. Steps on how to do so can be found here:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If your game is still giving you trouble after completing those steps, please get in touch with our Tech Support and one of our reps will be more than happy to work on this with you.

Please include a Dr. Felix Diagnostics Report together with your request so our representatives can collect information on these tech problems and pass that on to the developers.

Thanks!

-bfgRhone

MsFreddie
Catfish
Catfish
1,519 Posts

[Post New]by MsFreddie on Oct 13, 11 2:30 AM
Strange - I purchased the game and it downloaded ok but froze when trying to activate. Had to close down my Game Manager and the game didn't appear after that. Had the usual game icon on my desk top, game wouldn't start from there. Went into my program files and was able to start the game from there and it played ok. It is still not showing on my GM but at least I can play it via program files. Concerned that my game isn't seen by the GM. .

sandr1
Lobster
Lobster
99 Posts

[Post New]by sandr1 on Oct 13, 11 4:40 AM
Hi
I also purchased downloaded and gamed. But it was very slow. Reason is that my RAM is too small (I have 1 - 2 gb), I guess, my mashine is just too low level. So, probably you encounter similar problems. My gaming PC is now about 3-4 years (way too old to keep it). For a Mac this would not be any problem, but for a PC 3 years are already a long time. So, probably your freezing is connected with your pc facility. I just try to explain.

SueDee67
Guppy
Guppy
158 Posts

[Post New]by SueDee67 on Oct 13, 11 7:17 AM
I downloaded this game, and it said my Trial Period was over! How can that be?? No I did not play it on another site. I refuse to buy a game I cannot trial.

cll1950
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,099 Posts

[Post New]by cll1950 on Oct 13, 11 10:09 AM
sandr1, My desktop, although top of the line in it's time, is almost 10 years old, with less ram than yours. Check out the game page from this game, you should have more than enough ram to run this game.

Maybe you need to have your comp. cleaned up. When I encountered some problems, I had a tech at Comcast (did his computer mind meld thing) take care of it. Now it runs like a top. It did cost about 80 bucks but that's much less than takeing it in to some questionable repair super store having Jimmy Jo down the street mess it up totally or buying a new computer.

To find out for sure how much ram you have, right click on the little "My Computer" icon on your desktop. Then chose "propeties", it will tell you how much ram you have, the size of your hard drive, etc.

I don't think this is a ram problem. Just my uneducated user guess.

[Post New]by Scarlett11551 on Oct 13, 11 10:32 AM
I just downloaded this game, and it said my trial was over. How can it be over if I never played it? I am trying to download again, but this will be the last time.

Edited on 10/13/2011 at 10:40:20 AM PST

[Post New]by Scarlett11551 on Oct 13, 11 10:40 AM
Downloaded it a second time, and now I can try it. Don't know what happened the first time.

nwr1948x
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
15,360 Posts

[Post New]by nwr1948x on Oct 13, 11 11:00 AM
Another beautiful ERS game.....Another beautiful ERS game that won't run on my computer without running slowly and sticking (sigh)

firebug2
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by firebug2 on Oct 13, 11 11:06 AM
I was able to download and play the demo, but after I bought it and finished the download I got this error -

Cannot find import; DLL may be missing, corrupt, or wrong version
File "audiere.dll", error 126

I deleted the file and redownloaded it and got the same error msg.

I don't buy many CEs anymore so to have this problem on this purchase is quite disappointing. If anyone can offer some help it would be appreciated.

Thanks

bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Oct 13, 11 11:42 AM
Hello everyone,

MsFreddie, you may want to see if uninstalling and reinstalling the game might help with the game working in the Game Manager.

For those of you having troubles with the Trial Version showing up as expired, please exit out of your Game Manager and bring it back up; this should give you the proper amount of time.

firebug2, you may want take a look at this help article for some helpful steps: Error 126 .

If you're continuing to have troubles, please get in touch with Tech Support (you can click on this link) and our reps can definitely assist you with the game. Thank you!

-bfgArnoStyx

deejae101
Guppy
Guppy
147 Posts

[Post New]by deejae101 on Oct 13, 11 11:52 AM
I purchased this game without even doing the demo, but it refused to activate and got an 802 error message. I did what tech support on the website said, but DEP settings were already correct, so I uninstalled the game manager and the game, restarted and then reinstalled both. This time it said I had -1 minute left of demo so I tried hitting the play button and I got a message that said I needed a key code to play the game, which I've never seen before. I again uninstalled the game and reinstalled it. Then I got the access error violation warning, program terminated. Just one technical problem after another!!! Tried again, and now got the 703 error code!

I have emailed customer support, but just thought I would post in case others were having the same problems, or if any one had a solution before support gets back to me, which last time took three days. I hope they'll be working on a fix for all these issues very soon.

Krissy41
Lobster
Lobster
88 Posts

[Post New]by Krissy41 on Oct 13, 11 2:13 PM
nwr1948x wrote:Another beautiful ERS game.....Another beautiful ERS game that won't run on my computer without running slowly and sticking (sigh)

Does the samething on my computer, every ERS games no matter what!!! Sad because ERS is probably one of the best....

chillygirl
Guppy
Guppy
193 Posts

[Post New]by chillygirl on Oct 13, 11 7:22 PM
I started dl this morning & I'm still at 86%!!!! My laptop is new and cleaned regularly so I don't kow what the deal is....never had this problem before at all.

tj1147
Clownfish
Clownfish
654 Posts

[Post New]by tj1147 on Oct 13, 11 8:33 PM
I DL'ed the trial just fine and it played well for the 10 minutes or so I tried the game. Then, bought it and clicked "activate game". Well, I know it probably had to download the whole game so I waited about an hour then when I checked the GM to see how it was going, it had stopped at about 20%. The GM showed the game downloading and trying to activate at the same time. I had to close the GM and reopen it, then continue download, then activate. Strange because this has never happened before, and that may be why I had problems with parts of the game, ie some of the minigames not working right and slow loading between scenes. (Maybe these were parts that were trying to download while the GM had it activating at the same time.)

At any rate, after a while the rest of the game ran smoothly.

xt1no
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
5 Posts

[Post New]by xt1no on Oct 13, 11 10:17 PM
BLAH!!! another ERS, another black screen game. only with ERS games i seem to have these kind of problems. looks sooooooo interesting, but NO BUY. thank you!

Go to: