bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Welcome to Paparazzi forum

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Jun 18, 08 5:53 PM
Welcome to Paparazzi forum! This is your place to ask questions, share tips, and connect with other Paparazzi players.

If you have questions about how to use the forums, please click the FAQ link on the right.

lwoodard
Herring
Herring
358 Posts

Re:Welcome to Paparazzi forum

[Post New]by lwoodard on Feb 26, 09 8:19 AM
Cute game but way to short... funny story line, great for kids...3

cll1950
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,099 Posts

[Post New]by cll1950 on Jan 9, 10 1:47 AM
OK for kids I guess. Looks to be well made for it's type. Really not for me. The music would drive me nuts. Timer only. Timer seems kind of short. Deleted after about 10 min.
Go ahead and try it I always say. You might like it.
It's late (early?) and I'm a bit punchy. Good morning fishies, couldn't sleep so not much of a review. Sorry. I was hoping for a good daily deal, need something to play since I can't sleep. Take care.

cathy1200
Guppy
Guppy
115 Posts

[Post New]by cathy1200 on Jan 9, 10 5:11 AM
I disagree that this is a game for kids only. I found finding some of the objects challenging and hints cost money, increasing in price the more you use. The timer too is pretty short on some locations. Each "celebrity" had three tasks - take pictures of hidden object hints of their "scandal", a find the differences picture set, and a screen where you have to take 6 pictures of your celebrity where they pop up from out of sight. I don't know how long it is but is a pretty cute HOG for the daily deal price. Some of the subject matter may be more adult than childlike too. The first assignment is to find evidence of a newlywed's pregnancy.

biomix
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,854 Posts

[Post New]by biomix on Jan 9, 10 6:25 AM
Hi,
I agree with you Cathy. Not just for kids. I too am finding it challenging locating certain items. I like that.
This is a good deal for me. Will buy.

RickF
Minnow
Minnow
201 Posts

[Post New]by RickF on Jan 9, 10 7:42 AM
Cannot get the game to run in full screen format. some of the items are to small to find in a window format. tried uninstalling and reinstalling same problem. This one's not for me.

scarlet_11dy6
Flounder
Flounder
2,031 Posts

[Post New]by scarlet_11dy6 on Jan 9, 10 8:13 AM
I remember demo'ing this a long time ago & thinking even if it was offered for free I'd have to think about it.

misty5
Herring
Herring
337 Posts

[Post New]by misty5 on Jan 9, 10 8:38 AM
This is a really cute premise and slightly different from the usual HOG. If they would expand the length and make the objects a little less ridiculously hard to recognize, they'd have a great game on their hands. Even as is, I find it well worth the $2.99 price and will be buying it today.

[Post New]by Zahita459 on Jan 9, 10 9:18 PM
Help - is anyone else having trouble saving the game? Each time I have logged out I have had to start COMPLETELY over. I looked, I did NOT hit "restart the game", just "Play game".

This is a cute game, but this one issue is VERY annoying.

Thanks for any suggestions...
Z

Bobbie53
Squid
Squid
75 Posts

[Post New]by Bobbie53 on Jan 10, 10 8:32 AM
Hi everyone:

I had trialed this earlier and thought it wasn't worth the aggravation or price.
At 299 I thought what the heck.
I am on my fourth assignment and enjoy receiving new object rooms with each
celebrity (assignment). Getting a snap shot of the celebrity if still a challenge for me. I almost feel like a spaz sometiimes.
What is irritating about this game is some of the objects are shadows or vague outlines of the object.
Other than that I believe it well worth the 299.
I thank BFG for offering this very nice added privilege to my daily gaming experience.

Laflamme
Stingray
Stingray
4,512 Posts

[Post New]by Laflamme on Jan 11, 10 7:39 AM
The game is worth the daily deal cost. I demoed this ages ago and my impression has not changed. It's possibly a really great game. The outline is interesting, the cases funny, the comments on the photos made me laugh. For every case you get a new set of unique surroundings.

However, it has some major flaws:
- Objects way too small. I've never had trouble in any HOG finding stuff like a ladder (!), a salt shaker, a megaphone or a cap before.
- Objects blending in with the background (a gray guitar on a foggy background).
- Accuracy. Two find the difference screens are slightly displaced, so you are getting an error message if you click in the correct spot. Some items you have to click in a very weird place to get credit.

Bottom Line: Okay for a daily deal, way overpriced on regular days. A pity, this one had great potential.

[Post New]by Zahita459 on Jan 11, 10 9:42 AM
OK, tried creating a new character and it saved then. Still won't save on the original one though.

I enjoy the game, but am frustrated with the accuracy of it, or lack thereof. In several of the "photo shoot" scenes, shots I thought I had gotten it did not count, and some that I know I missed it gave me. While it is balancing out as far as scoring goes, it is frustrating since I try to improve each time but it doesn't seem to matter.

Also, on the find the differences panels, I keep getting error messages when clicking on what I know is the proper item. I have tried switching the cursor between the panels, but it still doesn't recognize my clicks some of the time. Frustrating because I end up running out of time when I can see the ones I need, but it won't accept my clicks.

Generally a fun game though, but glad I only paid $2.99 for it. If I had paid full price I would have been very upset.

Z

[Post New]by CML0630 on Jan 13, 10 4:03 PM
This is probably the worst game I have ever played, sorry that I wasted $2.99 on it. Some of the objects are impossible to find (i.e. spider web in assignment 5 or 6); the music became annoying quickly and the game was way too short.

LavonaRann
Squid
Squid
63 Posts

[Post New]by LavonaRann on Jan 18, 10 5:15 PM
Zahita459 wrote:OK, tried creating a new character and it saved then. Still won't save on the original one though.
Z

I created a new character and it still does not save .. this is the 4th time starting over .. very frustrating.

lisablue4369
Flounder
Flounder
2,105 Posts

[Post New]by lisablue4369 on Jul 5, 12 11:49 AM
Awesome , Fun, Outstanding , Great Game.Had a blast playing !-------Doug

lisablue4369
Flounder
Flounder
2,105 Posts