Strategy Guide is not in The Phantom of the Opera Collector's ED nor Bonuses!

[Post New]by puppydogtails on Oct 13, 11 5:57 PM
I am very disappointed. I just realized the strategy guide is missing in the Collector's Edition that I purchased at Target today. I don't always buy my BF games there, but since I was there, I picked it up instead of downloading through the Club.
There isn't the full guide in this Edition. It plainly says it is on the box, however, the guide in the game says the Full Step by Step Guide is available in the Collector's Editon...well, this is the Collectors Editon.
How do I get the guide without having to return the game...and make it present while I am in the game?

And there was no Extras, or Bonus game play! If I return it to the store, I will only be able to swap it for the same thing which may happen again! Perhaps those games shipped to Target as Full Collector's Editons should be recalled because they aren't. I have never had a problem when I did purchase a BF game at Target...and this is really frustrating.

Edited on 10/13/2011 at 11:02:38 PM PST

bfgRhone
Manatee
Manatee
4,302 Posts

Re:Strategy Guide is not in The Phantom of the Opera Collector's ED nor Bonuses!

[Post New]by bfgRhone on Oct 14, 11 12:41 AM
Hi puppydogtails,

Welcome to the pond!

It's best to contact Customer Support about this problem, so they can look into this for you.

You can contact our Customer Support by clicking on the green envelope on the right to get to our Help pages, and then click "Contact Us" to the right of the screen to submit a support ticket.

Or if you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can connect to Live Chat Support Monday-Friday 9:30am-4:30pm PST.

To avoid any confusion, I'm also moving this thread to the Mystery Legends: The Phantom of the Opera Collector's Edition Forum.

Thanks!

bfgRhone

Re:Strategy Guide is not in The Phantom of the Opera Collector's ED nor Bonuses!

[Post New]by puppydogtails on Oct 14, 11 7:17 AM
Thank You, BfgRhone! I will do that. It was a great game, was very disappointed I didn't get the walkthrough steps since I got stuck a few times, nor got the extras!
I have never had this problem at Target before. I should have gotten it on line but you know how it is when you see a game you haven't played while you are there in it's shiny new box.

[Post New]by cafuller32297 on Oct 22, 11 9:33 AM
I too am having the same problem about the strategy guide not on the disk. I purchased this game at Wal-Mart. I am an avid Bigfish game purchaser and until now I have been totally satisfied any help will be greatly appreciated

lindylu22
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by lindylu22 on Oct 22, 11 3:56 PM
Same here! I just bought my copy Collectors Edition at Walmart and there is not a Strategy Guide. Haven't finished the game yet, but there probably won't be Bonus Game either! Who can we contact about this. Not very funny when you pay $20.00 for the Collectors Edition and it states that it contains the strategy guide and bon us game!!

puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,182 Posts

[Post New]by puzzledone on Oct 22, 11 4:15 PM
I wouldn't know if retail distribution is handled by BF or just the d/l versions. The packaging should say so, so it's either a goof by the devs or whomever and should make it right. Shame the chains won't refund your $20.

Maybe BF could give a coupon to buy the SG online or use a punch code. I think there is also a WT if not here then another gamesite. I know, I know, it's hassel not having one at your fingertips. SGs are the only reason I pay extra for a CE. I had to buy the SGs extra for MCF RTR and Dire Grove. I don't remember if one can run the guide in a window while game is running. Too expensive to print them out in color. But with a laptop I can play the games and keep a guide or WT on the pc monitor to follow. Feeble suggestions but I sure hope you get some satisfaction.

I've never bought games retail, too expensive for me and not convenient. But I've bought some on ebay that were a loss when they wouldn't run on my pc. Usually were older games tho but no recourse. Good luck and lesson learned

[Post New]by Lynn8236 on Nov 13, 11 10:36 AM
I just bought my copy at Wal-Mart. Same thing! Not strategy guide and I am stuck. I at in the basement trying to get the props up to the stage. I have tried everything and cannot go forward. I also have not solved the puzzle with the chess pieces. I am missing the white knight.. HELP

Go to: