Nevada 5

Sunbreak
Guppy
Guppy
108 Posts

Nevada 5

[Post New]by Sunbreak on Oct 14, 11 2:15 PM
This one just has me scratching my head, any pointers would be useful, I can make the money to open both the airport and the harbor but income is quite low and I cant seem to rind a way to raise happiness on it at all.

athene72
Squid
Squid
62 Posts

Re:Nevada 5

[Post New]by athene72 on Oct 14, 11 4:48 PM
Any chance you can help with Nevada level 1 - then maybe I can help with level 5 when I get there - I can't get enough wood to make 5 pieces of furniture - 4 is th max

Many thanks

Sunbreak
Guppy
Guppy
108 Posts

[Post New]by Sunbreak on Oct 15, 11 7:57 AM
What I did to get the wood was plant trees around the lumber yards
until I finally got the stuff to ship
On the build bar is an option to plant trees all by itself, I just clicked this around whichever lumber yard I needed to give me wood till the supply went up by one

Edited on 10/15/2011 at 8:00:14 AM PST

SeverineSnape
Stingray
Stingray
5,357 Posts

[Post New]by SeverineSnape on Oct 15, 11 2:00 PM
I just played Nevada 5 last night. The first thing I did was build a shopping mall close to the bus stop in one of the residential areas and rerouting both buses there. That instantly got my income up to about $1200 a day to help you build other things. After that it was a matter of getting people to the train station and getting the people from the station to nearby entertainment buildings; upgrading bus stops and buses as required; opening the airport when possible; routing people from the nearest residential area to the airport and picking up people from the airport to go to entertainment buildings etc. I ended up getting it done with 3 entertainment buildings and a full garage of red buses. But that first step of building a mall in a residential area was crucial to get things started.

Sunbreak
Guppy
Guppy
108 Posts

[Post New]by Sunbreak on Oct 15, 11 5:56 PM
Thanks for the suggestion I wiill try it again, I did manage to finally beat this sceanrio into the ground and I still feel the key is in the one in and 2 3 or 4 out, But your suggestion sounds solid too.

SeverineSnape
Stingray
Stingray
5,357 Posts

[Post New]by SeverineSnape on Oct 15, 11 6:41 PM
With this method you're still relying on the airport, train station and marina for your major flow of people to get to the buildings, it just gives you more cash to work with right at the start of the level. If you wait for those two little buses you get at the start to make their way all the way to the train station and back, your daily income stays around 300 for a long time. With the shopping mall you get around $1200, meaning you can go and buy new buses real quick and start driving those to the station.

RLM3
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by RLM3 on Oct 16, 11 7:24 PM
I am having a terrible time with this level. No matter what I try, I cannot get the happiness up high enough. Is there a sequence I am missing? I don't understand the people going in, either. When I route people in to all three places, each bus has only a few people on it, even with all the upgrades. Do you do them one at a time? I can't see how that would work, as the happiness would only work with all three at once. There must be something I am not seeing.

PB2010
Guppy
Guppy
135 Posts

[Post New]by PB2010 on Oct 17, 11 2:06 AM
Hi there

Just replayed this.

The easiest way to get happiness is for one bus to have one pick up point and one drop off point. So Bus A goes from one Bus Stop to the Airport. A second bus takes them from the airport to the entertainment centre. Try it this way and you'll get your happiness up in no time.

Short tip:

Basically, don't worry about building the marina until right at the very end.

Instead focus on upgrading the towns and buses to get sufficient people to the railway station and airport. Also build one stadium and one museum. This is ample to get 450 happiness.

What I've just done:

1) Build supermarket next to railway.
2) Buy 2 buses. Re-route so one bus stop receives one bus and takes people to the station. Upgrade any bus that is attached to a bus stop that has 20 or more people waiting.
3) Buy 2 buses. Upgrade to 1 star. Route from Station to Supermarket.
4) Add the supermarket to dumpsters' routes.

5) Upgrade the West Town Bus Stop 1 (furthest from railway station) and its bus to 1 star.

6) Wait for money. Build a stadium next to the supermarket. Re-route the two buses from the station to the Stadium. Add to dumpsters' routes. This will significantly increase the money.

7) Wait for cash, upgrade garage.

8) Upgrade West city bus stop 2. Add a second bus to it to the Station. Upgrade the second bus (the bus stop has around 50 ppl).

9) Add two buses from Station to Stadium.

10) Wait for money, build airport. Re-route all the west side buses to the airport (so they no longer go to the station). And also two buses from the Station, cancel those, and put them from the airport to the Stadium. Upgrade those two buses to 2 star.

11) Build a Museum, add to dumpsters' route. Reroute the station bus from the Stadium to the museum. Buy another bus and put it on the same route. Upgrade to 1 star.

12) Upgrade the East Side bus stops and buses. Ensure that each bus stop has sufficient people for all buses to be upgraded to 2 stars (e.g. a minimum of 30 people waiting).

14) Upgrade West side if needed.

13) Upgrade garage. Add two more buses from airport to Stadium and upgrade to two stars, and one bus from Station to museum.

14) Keep upgrading buses and bus stops until the 450 happiness sounds starts dropping in and out.

15) Build marina. That's it.

RLM3
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by RLM3 on Oct 17, 11 11:12 AM
Thank you very much for the help. I followed several of your suggestions, but had trouble finding time enough to get it all done. I put up a supermarket near each house area, instead of one in the middle. That helped a lot. The tip on keeping the bus routes simple is the key. I had trouble as long as I kept two bus stops on one bus and anything else. I finally realized I had to split up the routes to four stops, and then things fell into place.

Still having trouble with the time, I tried something else. I noticed that the marina had a large number of people attached to it and ready to come in, so I decided to try a run-through focusing on it, and ignoring the railway station and airport.

I built a restaurant and a museum, and routed the busses to them until I had enough money to build the airport and marina. I upgraded the houses and busses only part way before I stopped to do that, and then began routing people into the entertainments from the marina. Before I got the rest of the upgrades on the busses and neighborhoods, the expert clicked in.. I did have red busses coming in from the marina.

It is interesing that there are different ways to do some of these, although in some levels there seems to be only one way. I guess the difficulty levels are one reason I like the game. It really makes you think of different strategies.

Thanks again.

Edited on 10/17/2011 at 11:14:30 AM PST

[Post New]by yta9800 on Oct 18, 11 2:12 AM
anybody finished with Nevada Level 8???

RLM3
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by RLM3 on Oct 18, 11 11:09 AM
I have finished Nevada 8. What is the problem for you? I tried it several ways, and I don't remember exactly what I did, but here are a few pointers.

First, demolish all the large hotels and the one small one.

Then, reroute the busses so that one bus from each population center goes to the nearest meduim hotel. There should be one hotel for each house group.

Add a few houses to the one population group that has less than the rest so that each has about the same number.

I don't remember the order I did the rest, but this is what I had, in general:

Build 2 Medium office buildings, one halfway between the top 2 house groups, and the other below it between the bottom 2 house groups. Add a road near them to connect them to each other.

Route busses from the four house groups to both offices. I did not have enough points with just 2 groups to each.

Upgrade the busses, offices and hotels as you can.

Build a plaza and fire station from the environment section, and tech centers as things break down.

Add parks to get the environment points.

Use the bus upgrade to bring up the population.

When the rest is done, set off the plaza for the happiness points.

[Post New]by yta9800 on Oct 18, 11 9:31 PM
i tried doing everthing you said but i can't make the visitor and job ratings up :-(

RLM3
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by RLM3 on Oct 18, 11 10:11 PM
I will replay this and get you a list. I think they both depend on the number of busses going to each of those. They have to make only one destination each for maximum benefit, or two in a pinch sometimes works. I'll see what I can do to clarify.

[Post New]by yta9800 on Oct 18, 11 11:03 PM
thanks!!! i really don't know if there's a glitch. even if i upgraded the bus stops, buses, and added houses, the number of people doesn't increase. my income's not increasing as well. i tried uninstalling and reinstalling it but no change :-(

PB2010
Guppy
Guppy
135 Posts

[Post New]by PB2010 on Oct 19, 11 1:40 AM
The only thing that you might want to check is your environment level - if it's negative then you'll never get the people numbers up, thus no happiness ratings increase, nor jobs etc.

RLM3
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by RLM3 on Oct 19, 11 9:00 AM
I just replayed Nevada 8 and have alist for you. The problem might be the environment rating I added to environment elements in before i built the offices.

1. Demolish 2 large hotels and one small one.

2. Reroute the busses so that each house area goes only to the 1 medium hotel that is the closest.

3. Upgrade busses to yellow.

4. Add 2 large houses to pperright group, and one small house each to the 2 left hand groups.

5. Add Firestation, hospital, plaza, and 3 parks, leaving the center area empty for offices.

6. Build tech centers to cover the whole board while you are adding 2 medium offices to the middle.

7. When finished with the offices, add 2 dump trucks to each office, and roads all around them to connect them to both upper and lower sections.

8. Add one yellow bus from each house group to one office, 2 upper groups to upper office, and 2 lower groups to lower office.

9. Upgrade the headquarters.

10. Add 4 yellow busses to the other office. Two top house groups to the lower office, and 2 lower house groups to the upper office.

11. Upgrade the bus stops once each.

12. Upgrade both offices 2 times.

13. Set off balloons at the plaza.

My time finished by 12:10.

Edited on 10/19/2011 at 9:02:12 AM PST

Gon86
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
2 Posts

[Post New]by Gon86 on Jun 26, 12 10:59 PM
I still don't understand level 5. When i travel people to the station,the people don't get out of the station, the busses out of the station to the mall are empty... I can't fix it and it feels like i miss something... Maybe someone can help?

Edited on 06/26/2012 at 10:59:26 PM PST

ricoblade
Catfish
Catfish
1,657 Posts

[Post New]by ricoblade on Jun 27, 12 12:55 PM
Hi - on this level you can either:

a) take passengers from a Bus Stop to an Entertainment building (e.g. Shopping Mall, Fitness Centre, Museum); and/or

b) take passengers from a Bus Stop to the Railway Station, Airport or Marina and *then* take passengers (with different Buses) from the Railway Station, Airport or Marina to an Entertainment building (e.g. Shopping Mall, Fitness Centre, Museum).

If you just use method a) you are unlikely to get to the Happiness goal as there aren't enough passengers, so you need to use methods a) and b):

a) take passengers from the 2 lower left Bus Stops to initially a Shopping Mall near those Bus Stops (replace it with a Fitness Centre later); and

b) take passengers from the 2 upper right Bus Stops to the Marina then take passengers (using different Buses) from the Marina to a Museum that you build near the Bus Stops.

Hope that helps!

Gon86
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
2 Posts

[Post New]by Gon86 on Jun 27, 12 1:32 PM
Tnx Ricoblade! For some reason I finished this level after I read your advice

[Post New]by ChocoVanilla on Dec 5, 12 7:22 AM
Help! I can't transport any people from the airport, railway or marina to the entertainment centers. The buses comes back empty. I've been transporting people to the airport, railway and marina but just cannot transport anyone back. I'm using the iPad version. Am I missing something? Thanks.

Go to: