bfgRhone
Manatee
Manatee
4,302 Posts

Post any Cursed Memories: The Secret of Agony Creek technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgRhone on Oct 15, 11 12:19 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

*Please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

Re:Post any Cursed Memories: The Secret of Agony Creek technical issues here only

[Post New]by Scarlett11551 on Oct 15, 11 7:48 AM
Just like the CE, this game won't play on my computer. No matter how I change the resolution, this game just shuts down. Didn't have a problem downloading it, just can't play it.

BP532
Guppy
Guppy
144 Posts

Re:Post any Cursed Memories: The Secret of Agony Creek technical issues here only

[Post New]by BP532 on Oct 15, 11 8:08 AM
Taking forever to download!

divaprods
Minnow
Minnow
285 Posts

[Post New]by divaprods on Oct 15, 11 9:50 AM
This game keeps minimizing on me. I can press the icon and get back into the game but it happens frequently and is making the gameplay unpleasant. NO help w/this in the help pages

SueDee67
Guppy
Guppy
158 Posts

[Post New]by SueDee67 on Oct 15, 11 11:11 AM
I get an error message and it won't download at all. Yesterday's game downloaded and then said the trial period was up! What is going on with this new Manager??

bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Oct 15, 11 11:26 AM
Scarlett11551, you may want to see if there is an outdated component in your computer by taking a look at this help article: Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

BP532, you may want to try canceling the download and reinstalling it from the game page to see if this helps speed up the process.

divaprods, it's definitely strange that the game continue to minimize. I might suggest updating your video card if this is an option, or getting in touch with Tech Support for more suggestions.

SueDee67, please exit out of your Game Manager and bring it back up again. If this doesn't give you the full Trial Version, you may want to try uninstalling and reinstalling the game.

Still need help? Please get in touch with Tech Support (you can click on this link) and our reps will be happy to help you individually. Thank you!

-bfgArnoStyx

tj1147
Clownfish
Clownfish
654 Posts

[Post New]by tj1147 on Oct 15, 11 4:20 PM
I'll admit...I don't know anything about computers but am wondering.

Since there are such varied problems with different people having different "glitches", could there be some relationship between the games and some of the computers' settings with regard to other apps being used (not games) or whatever came pre-installed in the computers?

For this game, I've had no technical issues but have had for a couple of others...

Just wondering...

[Post New]by 3jsandak on Oct 15, 11 5:27 PM
Everything was fine until I found the happy mask--then the game wouldn't let me take it. The fire still danced in the background so it wasn't frozen, it just wouldn't let me take the mask from the 'congratulations' box and the box wouldn't close. In other words, game over for me...

[Post New]by KAC210 on Oct 15, 11 7:21 PM
I downloaded the trial and when I tried to run it, I got an error message "Error running application at [bunch of letters & numbers] at line [more letters & numbers]. Application terminated."

I've gotten this message before with other games, but then still others work fine.

Computer restarts when I try to play

[Post New]by pogo_is_better on Oct 16, 11 1:09 AM
Downloaded the trial. Computer restarts itself before I get to the main screen of the game. I have the requirements on my computer, I've reinstalled it and have NEVER had this happen before! Video card, directx, adobe and shockwave are updated. I've read all the help sections and nothing has worked. I'm not too upset about one game not working, but just thought I'd add my "technical issue" here.

Thanks!

Goldgrl87
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

[Post New]by Goldgrl87 on Oct 16, 11 11:18 AM
The game play for about 10 minutes then it stops and I get the message: Error: Access violation at 0X0049AF41(tried to read from 0X000000E0) program terminated

Goldgrl87
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

[Post New]by Goldgrl87 on Oct 16, 11 11:20 AM
I would love to buy this game but am a little wary to because of this message.

CassB
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by CassB on Oct 20, 11 9:36 PM
Goldgrl87 wrote:The game play for about 10 minutes then it stops and I get the message: Error: Access violation at 0X0049AF41(tried to read from 0X000000E0) program terminated

Just had the same issue. Played it fine last night now I can't play at all. I'll try to reinstall.

CassB
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by CassB on Oct 20, 11 11:26 PM
CassB wrote:
Goldgrl87 wrote:The game play for about 10 minutes then it stops and I get the message: Error: Access violation at 0X0049AF41(tried to read from 0X000000E0) program terminated

Just had the same issue. Played it fine last night now I can't play at all. I'll try to reinstall.

Got it to work after updating video driver.

[Post New]by ccjkl5 on Oct 22, 11 2:50 PM
This game has a lot of technical issues. Yesterday I had to install the updated driver as instructed by the Tech Team as mine was out of date and I was experiencing a rather frustrating time gaming. It solved those problems, however, this game performed poorly. Hope they can resolve all these issues as it seems to be a good game.

tcwjwu
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by tcwjwu on Oct 22, 11 3:22 PM
The game downloaded and installed fine for me, but it is running so slowly that it is frustrating to play. The cursor is taking a very long time to change when hovering over an active area, then to change back. Any puzzles will be very difficult to solve with this delay.

trishac
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

[Post New]by trishac on Oct 23, 11 4:26 AM
This game was running fine with no problems until I came to a fountain with dirty water and a hex key. I used the fishing net to get the key out and then the game just froze. Alt con del did not work and I had to restart the computer by soft booting. Why did it only have a problem at this point? Am I never going to finish this game? This is not the first time a game has had problems when I am well into it.

roxiestar74
Minnow
Minnow
290 Posts

[Post New]by roxiestar74 on Nov 3, 11 2:04 PM
The demo of this game worked fine for me, so I bought it. It was once I had downloaded the full game that I started having problems. Game plays fine for a little while then freezes, sometimes it would start up again after freezing for a couple of minutes, but sometimes it wouldn't and I would have to exit out of it. When I went back in to game, the cycle of playing fine and then freezing shortly after would happen again. This kept happening every time I tried to play and has annoyed me so much that I don't even want to try and finish the game. I don't understand why this has happened, especially since everything on my computer is up to date. Really frustrating!

bfgHondo
Manatee
Manatee
3,712 Posts

[Post New]by bfgHondo on Nov 3, 11 4:47 PM
Hi roxiestar74,

I know it must be frustrating that your game keeps freezing up on you, but hopefully we can get this working for you. If you haven't already, please give the steps in the following help article a try:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

I know you said that your computer was up to date, but software updates can sometimes be released as often as every week, so please at least take a look. If there aren't any updates, or if they don't resolve your issue, please contact Tech Support and one of our reps will be happy to take a closer look at this with you.

I hope this helps!

-bfgHondo

QUZEMOTO
Guppy
Guppy
160 Posts

[Post New]by QUZEMOTO on Nov 13, 11 10:15 PM
i have no rope in the hos garage game. hint shows me where it should be and i looked on the walkthru and that is where the hint shows it, but there is nothing there to get.

Go to: