bfgKenai
Clownfish
Clownfish
864 Posts

Post any Guardians of Beyond: Witchville Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgKenai on Oct 16, 11 12:12 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

*Please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

cbtx
Stingray
Stingray
5,030 Posts

Re:Post any Guardians of Beyond: Witchville Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by cbtx on Oct 16, 11 1:05 AM
What;s with the widescreen option shrinking the screen????

alpha_Tau
Squid
Squid
68 Posts

Re:Post any Guardians of Beyond: Witchville Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by alpha_Tau on Oct 16, 11 1:30 AM
Just finished plalying the demo and exited to Windows when the game (or, perhaps, the GM) crashed a system thread and blue-screened me!

When I went back in, the GM stated "60 minutes" remaining and the game had lost my proflle and progress. Nice!

I'm always wary of games that don't manage themselves properly, especially those that do not update progress status frequently.

I will have to consider carefully whether or not to proceed with this game, given that I am using Windows 7.

I hope that other fishies fare better.

Best regards,
aT

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Oct 16, 11 1:32 AM
alpha_Tau wrote:Just finished plalying the demo and exited to Windows when the game (or, perhaps, the GM) crashed a system thread and blue-screened me!

When I went back in, the GM stated "60 minutes" remaining and the game had lost my proflle and progress. Nice!

Best regards,
aT

Oh oh... this happened to me twice with a game. Now I am not sure whether I want to even try the demo. This is the one thing I fear - the blue screen of death.

Tell me, which OS are you using? I have a Win7, 64-bit laptop.

fireeyes5
Minnow
Minnow
205 Posts

[Post New]by fireeyes5 on Oct 16, 11 1:35 AM
Got error code 251600 when trying to activate this game...this code is not under any help for error codes. It is getting really tiresome buying games that keep having problems with your general manager. Can anyone tell me what this is and what to do about it since I purchased the game after the demo played great. UGH

fireeyes5
Minnow
Minnow
205 Posts

[Post New]by fireeyes5 on Oct 16, 11 1:44 AM
First I had the 251600 error but noticed I had a desktop icon so clicked on it and that tells my I have an activation error 902...which also is not on the GM error list. This is like a maze without an end.

alpha_Tau
Squid
Squid
68 Posts

[Post New]by alpha_Tau on Oct 16, 11 1:45 AM
Valdy wrote:
alpha_Tau wrote:Just finished plalying the demo and exited to Windows when the game (or, perhaps, the GM) crashed a system thread and blue-screened me!

Best regards,
aT

Oh oh... this happened to me twice with a game. Now I am not sure whether I want to even try the demo. This is the one thing I fear - the blue screen of death.

Tell me, which OS are you using? I have a Win7, 64-bit laptop.

Hi Valdy.

I'm using 64-bit Windows 7 on a desktop PC (with all drivers, etc, up to date).

Fyi, after the crash, when I went back into the game, I made a few moves, then exited again. This time, the game didn't crash and did save my progress, but the GM trial timer had suddently dropped to 7 minutes (which is, admittedly, what I would have expected after my first go). However, I am still back near the start and will have to go all the way through the same stages again to get to where I had originally progressed; only, in order to do that, I will have to purchase the game, since I now have little time in which to do it.

Obviously, with all this going on, I am even more wary about wasting my time and money. I might suggest waiting to see if any other fishies have problems with the demo.

Best regards,
aT

Edited on 10/16/2011 at 1:48:51 AM PST

Agent_99
Starfish
Starfish
57 Posts

[Post New]by Agent_99 on Oct 16, 11 1:47 AM
I highly recommend contacting customer support, they are excellent!!

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Oct 16, 11 2:11 AM
alpha_Tau wrote:Hi Valdy.

I'm using 64-bit Windows 7 on a desktop PC (with all drivers, etc, up to date).

Fyi, after the crash, when I went back into the game, I made a few moves, then exited again. This time, the game didn't crash and did save my progress, but the GM trial timer had suddently dropped to 7 minutes (which is, admittedly, what I would have expected after my first go). However, I am still back near the start and will have to go all the way through the same stages again to get to where I had originally progressed; only, in order to do that, I will have to purchase the game, since I now have little time in which to do it.

Obviously, with all this going on, I am even more wary about wasting my time and money. I might suggest waiting to see if any other fishies have problems with the demo.

Best regards,
aT

Oh dear. I think I will give this CE a miss then. The last game that did this to me was ERS` "Redemption Cemetery: Children`s Plight". It was also the CE version.

When the SE came out, I decided to give that one a go, and had no problems with it at all. Since I am not all that keen on buying CEs anyway - most bonus games are a real disappointment - I think I better wait for the SE.

Thanks for the info.

Lilabelle
Clownfish
Clownfish
516 Posts

[Post New]by Lilabelle on Oct 16, 11 2:43 AM
I find that some of the error violation that end with 600 can sometimes be corrected by leaving then reentering the game manager or by restarting. Other wise go to the always helpful tech forum.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Oct 16, 11 4:12 AM
cbtx wrote:I've checked the other Vogat games I have and find that the WS option (if offered) actually shrinks the screen size rather than the reverse. So if the game opens in wide, the WS option takes it to full, and if it opens in full, the WS option takes it to a funny looking shrunken half screen. I have W7, 64 bit on a thirteen month old laptop. Is anyone else finding this happening to them? Valdy?

Sorry. I didn`t even try out the game after Alpha_Tau said he or she was getting a blue screen shutdown after exiting the demo.

However, I mentioned in yesterday`s game (or the one the day before) that I often get a widescreen effect (my widescreen monitor fills out fully) when I declick the widescreen option. (My laptop is 11 months old).

And I also noticed with one game (might have actually been a Vogat game) that when I ticked the box, I also got a wonky looking half screen that sat at the right side of my monitor. Addition: Just checked. It was the "Echoes of the Past: The Citadels of Time Collector's Edition" that gave me a wonky kind of windowed screen when I had the full screen ticked.

ETA: Blimey... I`m a Salmon. LOL

Edited on 10/16/2011 at 4:22:37 AM PST

cbtx
Stingray
Stingray
5,030 Posts

[Post New]by cbtx on Oct 16, 11 5:07 AM
Yes, Valdy, that is what happens to me when I declick the widescreen option, but in this game today declicking the widescreen option simply puts it back to fullscreen--it looks like in these Vogat g
ames that the widescreen option actually works in reverse! Very strange.

Also should mention that I have the same OS as you (Win7, 64bit laptop) and I did not have any sort of problem as described by alpha_Tau.

Edited on 10/16/2011 at 5:16:10 AM PST

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Oct 16, 11 8:52 AM
cbtx wrote:Yes, Valdy, that is what happens to me when I declick the widescreen option, but in this game today declicking the widescreen option simply puts it back to fullscreen--it looks like in these Vogat g
ames that the widescreen option actually works in reverse! Very strange.

But that is exactly what I said, that I often have to declick the widescreen box in order to get widescreen.

Also should mention that I have the same OS as you (Win7, 64bit laptop) and I did not have any sort of problem as described by alpha_Tau.

That is good to know. Thank you for that info. I was waiting to see if others had the same problem, and what OS they have.

xxybcc
Guppy
Guppy
152 Posts

[Post New]by xxybcc on Oct 16, 11 9:11 AM
I am having a different problem. I got to the gates by the cemetery and I can't do anything. I can't leave the scene. My computer did not freeze, it is like the scene froze. Music is playing. Anyone else? Running Vista.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Oct 16, 11 10:03 AM
OK, I did download the game and played the trial version, including a bit of the bonus game (nice), and when I left the game with 6 minutes left on the clock (I hadn`t finished the trial version yet), I had no problems. So I am very happy about that.

ETA: Forgot to mention that when the widescreen box is declicked, I get a full screen with black bars on either side of the screen (it does not fill the whole of my widescreen). However, when I click the widescreen box, the screen shrinks even more. This is something I have gotten with several games.

Edited on 10/16/2011 at 10:05:25 AM PST

cbtx
Stingray
Stingray
5,030 Posts

[Post New]by cbtx on Oct 16, 11 10:58 AM
Thanks, Valdy, for the good info and cograts on your recent morph to the salmon level!

Pixielate
Guppy
Guppy
159 Posts

[Post New]by Pixielate on Oct 16, 11 11:31 AM
Agent_99 wrote:I highly recommend contacting customer support, they are excellent!!

I agree that customer support was always excellent, but now it's a matter of when they get back to you. I'm still waiting for two separate game issues to be resolved and I don't even remember what the problems were since I (and many of us) have been encountering so many problems lately...you name it, I've seen it. I was considering buying another CE for the mousepad, but I am pretty discouraged with quality and just hate wasting money and time when I could be having fun. Now I always check the forums first. I don't always have the same problems as others, but I encounter a lot of problems with the games. I end up going back to previous games that always worked, back in the good ole days of 2010 and before.

Pixit

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Oct 16, 11 11:56 AM
cbtx wrote:Thanks, Valdy, for the good info and cograts on your recent morph to the salmon level!

You are welcome, cbtx. And thank you for the congrats. But please, don`t tell anyone. I hate someone making a morphing thread for me. LOL

kady21
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by kady21 on Oct 16, 11 4:13 PM
I tried to down load the game and it froze so I exited out. When I opened this eve it shows it has expired. I never played the trial and it looks as if I wont.

debdeb11
Guppy
Guppy
141 Posts

[Post New]by debdeb11 on Oct 16, 11 8:18 PM
Had the same problem with the widescreen option actually making it even narrower. I finally got around to looking around Google for possible suggestions, as all other suggestions on BFG in fiddling with desktop displays over last several months have not solved my problem. (BTW, I also could not get widescreen on ERS games, and realized very recently that other gamers were in fact getting widescreen - I just thought ERS didn't offer it! LOL).

I am running Win7 64 bit, HP laptop. Have ATI drivers, with Catalyst Control Centre. It appears to me from research that it is the ATI Catalyst Control Centre that was the problem, and offers the solution. Finally got it tweaked so that I get widescreen - and that is without the widescreen box checked in the options menu!

See my reply in this thread for what worked for me to fix this:
http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/182464.page#3596073

Go to: