JayTeeLine
Guppy
Guppy
135 Posts

COTW 10/17/11

[Post New]by JayTeeLine on Oct 17, 11 1:06 AM
OK fishies you have one last chance to get this game at 2.99. It is a dark themed game because Sweeney Todd is a dark classic. I loved this game, and feel it has excelllent replay value. If you don't already have it I would recommend that you go for it at this price. I felt it was adventure with many hidden object locations and mini-games. Very well done. Woo Hoo!!!!!

Couldn't find any COTW threads on it, so am posting this now, and hope my post is within the realms of acceptable posts.

Happy gaming fun to everyone!!
jt

gingergal
Manatee
Manatee
3,873 Posts

Re:COTW 10/17/11

[Post New]by gingergal on Oct 17, 11 7:58 AM
sorry I can never give detailed reviews for DDs and COTW as I can't remember in detail the games.

This one I loved. I enjoyed the plot/story and the puzzles. The hidden object scenes are the usual junk pile. But it was a really good adventure. If you haven't got it, try it.

It's another must have COTW.

brookings
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
454 Posts

[Post New]by brookings on Oct 17, 11 1:10 PM
I tried this game and deleted it. The objects are just to difficult to find. Some of the objects have different names than what we call an item in the US. For example, KETTLEBELL, I had no idea what a kettlebell was, after clicking all over, it turns out it is either a bouy or a weight. Hard to tell by the picture. Items just to hard to find, takes the fun out of the game. Even after using the hint button, I sometimes had to click every pixle until I came to the right place.

[Post New]by zoomzoomZombie on Oct 17, 11 2:33 PM
Thanks for the heads-up and comments. I tried it because of the deal, and have enjoyed it so far. I think I'm going to buy it.

jrwoods
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by jrwoods on Oct 17, 11 4:49 PM
I didn't know anything about this game until it became a DD back in September and I really enjoyed it. I played it all the way to the end and I was not disappointed.

So try it out and see how you may like it.

dollyflower
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,373 Posts

[Post New]by dollyflower on Oct 17, 11 10:44 PM
One of my all time favorite games. I bought this when it first came out and recently replayed it. I love the rich and detailed graphics and, yes, even its darkness. The game is certainly a bargain at this price!

LittleFish884
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,181 Posts

[Post New]by LittleFish884 on Oct 18, 11 10:43 PM
I trialled this game yesterday, nearly didn't due to comments in the review thread, & I actually enjoyed it. I even liked the singing LOL, no more corny than most musical lyrics in my opinion, & for a game they hardly need to make them Gilbert & Sullivan standard. I skipped this when it was a DD due to the reviews, but I think I am going to pick it up this time, if something more interesting doesn't comes out before the week ends

Sissy79
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

[Post New]by Sissy79 on Oct 20, 11 10:58 AM
Hiya fishies! Well, I demoed this back when it first came out, and to be honest, I hated that what you earned after the hidden object scenes WAS NOT anything that you actually had to find. There was another reason, but I can't remember now...I've slept since then! However, after I saw that it is this weeks COTW, and reading THIS particular thread, I decided to give it another chance. ESPECIALLY since Sweeney Todd is one of my most FAVORITE musicals... ...this time around I am REALLY enjoying it! I love the dark themed games. They truly are my favorite...and now that I've found the walkthrough, this one is an absolute buy for me!! So, Thanks JayTeeLine...without your post, I wouldn't have ever reconsidered!! I would gladly take any more suggestions that you might have. It seems that you and I have similar taste in the games we like. To everyone else...Have a GROOVY weekend!
and to ALL
Sissy

lw2016
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by lw2016 on Oct 22, 11 9:10 AM
For me this was the best COTW in a while.
Excellent game and good music .
An absolute bargain

Thank you bigfish

MEnr56
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,984 Posts

[Post New]by MEnr56 on Oct 22, 11 3:43 PM

I have demoed this game time and time again and for whatever reason, never bought this game until now

I found this game to be quite intriguing and very interactive and I found myself not wanting to quit the game -- almost ended up late for work a couple of times.

I have to admit I was VERY HAPPY at it's ending cut scenes

MEnr56

Belladonna32
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
20,941 Posts

[Post New]by Belladonna32 on Oct 22, 11 4:01 PM
I bought it, played it, enjoyed it when it first came out, at COTW it HAS to be a bargain.

I can't remember all the details but for me to enjoy a game it has to be heavy on the interactionand adventure so if this appeals to you its worth a try.

jellow10
Guppy
Guppy
160 Posts

[Post New]by jellow10 on Oct 23, 11 11:45 AM
I'm on the fence about this one. I really don't like the H0 scenes--very difficult, very "junkpile" (thought we were beyond that). Seems like there's very little direction but then I discovered that I could use the walkthrough posted for the CE so that makes a significant difference. I don't like using lots of hints or relying heavily on WTs, but even though I know the story I want to find out how the game ends. And I get a kick out of my "superior" commenting on my investigation (in)abilities. So I guess I just convinced myself to buy it......silly me

netizen
Guppy
Guppy
157 Posts

[Post New]by netizen on Nov 3, 11 11:51 PM
A good concept and interesting enough story, but I found junkpile after junkpile a bit tiring. I liked the map so you could move around easily and see where you still needed to do things.

Some objects were hard to see (dark) but all in all an okay game. $2.99 was a suitable price, I think. I wouldn't have paid more.

Note to developers:

I live in the tropics so I was scratching my head over what snow bunting is!

I was looking for some sort of weatherproof string of flags.

Please just call it a bird - or red bird or something ...

Go to: