textrekkie
Shark
Shark
13,265 Posts

Comments for Odysseus: Long Way Home

[Post New]by textrekkie on Oct 17, 11 6:12 AM
Post your comments for Odysseus: Long Way Home here.

jkuci
Flounder
Flounder
2,447 Posts

Re:Comments for Odysseus: Long Way Home

[Post New]by jkuci on Oct 17, 11 7:48 AM

If you watch the movie "O Brother Where Art Thou" (George Clooney etc) you'll see Odysseus's travels with great music and laughs.

mhatfie
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,447 Posts

[Post New]by mhatfie on Oct 17, 11 11:42 AM
This is such a nice game. As you get to the island, the scenery is pretty. There are alot of ambiant sounds ie: water rushing, birds chirping and flying, sheep baa'ing, leaves swaying in the wind. It makes you feel like you are there in the scene. It is a nice calm fun game to play with alot of things to do. Put together a trojan horse, build a suspension bridge, and lots of things to find. Not alot of hidden objects and the ones that are there are not a conglomoration of blurry hard to see objects. It isn't a hard game, in fact its probably pretty easy but it is fun and a nice way to pass an afternoon or evening. Supposedly its long also. For someone who wants a hard challenge, this game is probably not for you, but for others who want to relax and have fun you may give this one a try.

[Post New]by hydrogibbon on Oct 18, 11 2:23 PM
I just finished this game and enjoyed it immensly. The story was refreshing. The hint system was wonderful. The game was clear and bright and not too hard. All in all a great game to pass the time for a few days.

[Post New]by Underthebridge on Oct 21, 11 2:15 PM
tried this on the free trial...it was great...not sure if I would buy or not as there is no indication how long it is...I hate buying games only to realize I only have one or two chapters left...

[Post New]by Victor_nick on Oct 24, 11 8:02 AM
Underthebridge wrote:tried this on the free trial...it was great...not sure if I would buy or not as there is no indication how long it is...I hate buying games only to realize I only have one or two chapters left...

Underthebridge, after you have built Troyan horse, another 6 chapters will wait for your attention.

mmerv
Guppy
Guppy
177 Posts

[Post New]by mmerv on Nov 20, 11 4:25 PM
I am about half way through according to previous post. I find the game to be tedious and simplistic. Having trouble working up enough enthusiasm to finish...I just finished one of the Echoes of the Past games and it was soooooo good that maybe I am a bit jaded in my assessment of this one. On the good side, as previously stated the scenery is beautiful but on the bad side the characters are laughable with mouths that flap emulating speech. Wish I had not bought.

judy76073
Clownfish
Clownfish
531 Posts

[Post New]by judy76073 on Nov 26, 11 12:48 PM
I totally agree with both "mhatfie" and "hydrogibbon" comments. This has turned out to be a really nice and enjoyable game - even though black bars on the sides, the graphics are so crisp and clear, you kind of forget about those black bars. the background music is nice (I always keep it fairly low, just loud enough to hear it a bit) - not finished yet - just arrived at "Odysseus house" (probably close to finishing) -I have to admit that some of the puzzles I skipped because I didn't like them, but - overall, most enjoyable game to pass away a lazy Saturday afternoon. Yes, it is somewhat on the simpler side compared to some of the other games out there, but sometimes it is nice to have a game like this in between some of the more intense ones. No glitches, no problems at all.

A really enjoying this game

judy76073
Clownfish
Clownfish
531 Posts

[Post New]by judy76073 on Nov 26, 11 12:49 PM
I totally agree with both "mhatfie" and "hydrogibbon" comments. This has turned out to be a really nice and enjoyable game - even though black bars on the sides, the graphics are so crisp and clear, you kind of forget about those black bars. the background music is nice (I always keep it fairly low, just loud enough to hear it a bit) - not finished yet - just arrived at "Odysseus house" (probably close to finishing) -I have to admit that some of the puzzles I skipped because I didn't like them, but - overall, most enjoyable game to pass away a lazy Saturday afternoon. Yes, it is somewhat on the simpler side compared to some of the other games out there, but sometimes it is nice to have a game like this in between some of the more intense ones. No glitches, no problems at all.

A really enjoying this game

Go to: