Game progress only saved on EXIT? :(

[Post New]by TopazMystique on Oct 17, 11 8:43 AM
I start over from the beginning with a new ID after demoing a game because I usually demo but buy the game at a later date. I got through 4 pages in chapter 1 and was on the 5th (China). I thought the walkthrough showed that I should have done some spot-the-difference games and to do that I had to go back to chapter 1. When I tried to select a chapter, I got an access violation. When I restarted the game, I was back to the beginning of page 3... lost 2 full pages and part of the 5th. Nothing had been saved. So looks like this game does not save unless the game is exited.

Thankfully, I enjoyed the 1st 2 ME games much more than this one. This will be one game I do not complete... not interested in redoing all that work to get to the same place I was before with the constant possibility of losing all game play. And I will not be buying any more ME games.

Re:Game progress only saved on EXIT? :(

[Post New]by TopazMystique on Oct 18, 11 10:59 PM
Checked into a few things on this and found that the game did save my place. Either I inadvertently changed my player in the game to the one I used in the demo or the access violation did it for me.

I was able to pick up where I left off. Got access violations a few more times but was able to complete the game.

Go to: