Sandbox mode?

[Post New]by Dragonclaws0554 on Oct 17, 11 4:39 PM
Just wondering, but is there a sandbox mode on this game?

PB2010
Guppy
Guppy
135 Posts

Re:Sandbox mode?

[Post New]by PB2010 on Oct 17, 11 5:17 PM
Not that I could find.

[Post New]by Dragonclaws0554 on Oct 17, 11 5:38 PM
That is a total bummer. There was one on VC1 and it was my favorite aspect of the game.

[Post New]by indra_andre on Oct 19, 11 12:56 PM
yes, why there is no sandbox mode???

[Post New]by Sylfaen on Oct 21, 11 9:41 AM
I loved the first game and the sandbox mode so I was happy to buy the second one straight off, but I didn't realise there was no sandbox.

Can this be added as I love building all the chains on the big map!

PB2010
Guppy
Guppy
135 Posts

[Post New]by PB2010 on Oct 21, 11 10:11 AM
I didn't bother with the sandbox mode in VC1 so haven't missed it. That said, it was a great 'bonus' feature for those who value it, so I'd like to have seen something additional.

[Post New]by SnowyKat2 on Oct 21, 11 1:37 PM
I think this game was rushed out.. The designers wanted to capitalize on the first one's popularity, so they hurried out a badly made second game knowing people will buy it right away.. It's kind of sad in a way..

I've found this game to be almost unplayable in terms of time given to complete the objectives and I miss the Sandbox mode too.. It's too bad quality is often left behind in order to make money..

[Post New]by SystemOverlord on Oct 22, 11 5:45 PM
SnowyKat2 wrote:I think this game was rushed out.. The designers wanted to capitalize on the first one's popularity, so they hurried out a badly made second game knowing people will buy it right away.. It's kind of sad in a way..

I've found this game to be almost unplayable in terms of time given to complete the objectives and I miss the Sandbox mode too.. It's too bad quality is often left behind in order to make money..

I don't believe that's true at all. The original VC game came out 2 years ago in 2009 and people have been clamoring almost from the very beginning for a sequel. Taking 2 years to produce a sequel is not rushed from a developer's point of view and it is by no means "a badly made second game" at all. As far as time constraints in the game are concerned, some levels are difficult, but ultimately doable (and in Expert time) - YMMV. I do agree on the missing Sandbox Mode.

cat52
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,169 Posts

[Post New]by cat52 on Mar 8, 13 6:03 AM
Actually, I found some of the "nothing's there" scenarios fun to go back and play as sandboxes. The only difference I could see is the terminal and maybe a few other things are placed for you - but the other things can be demolished and the entire place redesigned to suit.

Go to: