bfgRhone
Manatee
Manatee
4,302 Posts

Post any Best in Show Solitaire technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgRhone on Oct 18, 11 12:13 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

*Please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

Immierald
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

Re:Post any Best in Show Solitaire technical issues here only

[Post New]by Immierald on Oct 18, 11 12:47 AM
When I click 'play game' it closes down the game manager (that's ok I guess.. I don't actually need it for the game, but still weird) and then it shows the pre-pages (who cooperated to create the game) and then when it is actually supposed to load the game it goes back and I get the circle mouse that shows that windows is working/loading/doing something.. And it doesn't go any further and then I get the pop up that it couldn't load/work or something that I have to choose between a. looking for a solution and then closing down the program. b. closing down the program. c. waiting for the program to respond..
I always choose either a or b because c is useless (from my experience anyway)..
So are there still any bugs on this game?

belamba
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,058 Posts

[Post New]by belamba on Oct 18, 11 1:17 AM
It closes my GM too! And I've uninstalled it twice because during the installation I get a box asking me to repair Microsoft visual something. Happened both times and I'm not happy about the game doing this.
When I tried to play it, the cards were so slow it took the one and only I clicked on so long to turn itself over I'd used 15 mins of the trial???
Will give this one a miss.
Shame as dogs are my life and it looked fun :-()

sandhan
Clownfish
Clownfish
919 Posts

[Post New]by sandhan on Oct 18, 11 1:47 AM
It looked like fun, but played only in a window so tiny I could hardly read the cards. Too bad, as I love dogs, and also love Fairway Solitaire, to which this seems very similar. No full screen, no buy.

Sherryah
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
479 Posts

[Post New]by Sherryah on Oct 18, 11 2:35 AM
belamba wrote:It closes my GM too! And I've uninstalled it twice because during the installation I get a box asking me to repair Microsoft visual something. Happened both times and I'm not happy about the game doing this.
When I tried to play it, the cards were so slow it took the one and only I clicked on so long to turn itself over I'd used 15 mins of the trial???
Will give this one a miss.
Shame as dogs are my life and it looked fun :-()

YES! What happened to belamba with GM closing and worse messing me up with telling me my Microsoft Visual C needs repaired or something like that. I clicked on repair even though I NEVER knew it was broken until this game did this. I unistalled the game and installed again, I really wanted to buy this game. I like theme solitaire games and love dogs. What happened there was no way to get out of some screens and I played it in windows screen because full screen was giant. I do hope there is a fix for this that is 3 of us with the same problems. I am so glad I did not buy until I tried it.

suniris
Guppy
Guppy
180 Posts

[Post New]by suniris on Oct 18, 11 5:28 AM
I get the same message that visual C needs to be repaired...tried but keep going back so I uninstalled it..won't try again..don't need something thats broken

coulden't play this at all

bella81762
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,424 Posts

[Post New]by bella81762 on Oct 18, 11 6:43 AM
i too have the gm closing...and......the animations are extremly slow....when the cards flip,

jpabich
Lobster
Lobster
81 Posts

[Post New]by jpabich on Oct 18, 11 9:06 AM
Hello,

This is the first time I've ever had a technical issue with a BF game -- I'm really surprised. But, I am also having the same problems listed above (i.e., GM closing down and an alert to repair my C++, etc.). I noticed in the System Requirements that the recommended OS is Windows XP/Vista. I'm trying to load this on a new HP laptop with Windows 7. Perhaps that is the problem?

I hope the devs can fix these tech issues soon. I was really looking forward to buying this game today!

Despite the delay in enjoying this particular game -- all you fishies have a great day!

[Post New]by goldfish777 on Oct 18, 11 9:10 AM
sorry - double post

Edited on 10/18/2011 at 9:13:28 AM PST

[Post New]by goldfish777 on Oct 18, 11 9:12 AM
I agree with the last post - first time ever I've had a tech. issue. The cards turn over VERY slowly. Using windows 7, is this the issue? Hope someone finds a fix soon.

[Post New]by GradGames on Oct 18, 11 9:45 AM
You do need Microsoft Visual C++ 2008. If the GM messes up installing it, you can grab it right from Microsoft:

[removed by moderator]

I know Win XP SP3 doesn't come with this pre-installed, but Win7 might.

Edited on 10/18/2011 at 10:54:23 AM PST

bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Oct 18, 11 11:13 AM
Hello everyone,

It sounds like a number of you are receiving a C++ error message. If so, it may help to update Microsoft and Adobe components related to our games; you can find more information about this in the following help article:

Scripting Errors

If you're continuing to have troubles with the game after going through these updates, please write in to Tech Support with a Dr. Felix report and a list of steps you've taken. Our reps will be happy to take over and help you individually. Thank you!

-bfgArnoStyx

lisam63
Guppy
Guppy
197 Posts

[Post New]by lisam63 on Oct 18, 11 11:14 AM
altho i haven't tried this game yet i recognize this error....sometimes it helps to google the error msg. and see why this msg is popping up and understanding what it is and if you really need or want to dl it.

just a tip

lisam63
Guppy
Guppy
197 Posts

[Post New]by lisam63 on Oct 18, 11 11:15 AM
altho i haven't tried this game yet i recognize this error....sometimes it helps to google the error msg. and see why this msg is popping up and understanding what it is and if you really need or want to dl it.

just a tip

lvfao
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
499 Posts

[Post New]by lvfao on Oct 18, 11 11:36 AM
i d/l and then my computer became unresponsive. i had to cold boot, then when i restarted, the trial was ended, although i never played. guess i was not meant to have this game...

acire
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
2 Posts

[Post New]by acire on Oct 18, 11 12:31 PM
After playing several levels of the game, the card to get rid of the fence that obstructs some of the cards does not show up and therefore I can not successfully finish a game. All of the cards will be used but the one row of cards with the fence are still there with no way to remove the fence. I hope this technical issue is fixed. I like the game but shouldn't the bugs be worked out before the game is released? I also have the issue with GM shutting down when I open the game.

[Post New]by minidox512 on Oct 18, 11 12:51 PM
I too am experiencing VERY SLOW animation with the cards flip. I've tried to download updates for my drivers, but nothing has helped. I think I would LOVE this game if it didn't run SO SLOW. Help!

[Post New]by ydkjs2 on Oct 18, 11 2:41 PM
Same problems as other posters. Between this and Slingo Quest Amazon what is going on BF? Haven't had any problems for as long as I have belonged then all of a sudden two in one month??!!

kdubs
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,480 Posts

[Post New]by kdubs on Oct 18, 11 3:04 PM
Faced with those 2 choices Visual C ++ 2008 Repair or Remove, I stewed but wanted to try game. I hate it when dev's put in stuff that prompts a me to install or update something that no other game has had a problem with, whether it's related to Direct-X or Visual C.

Wasn't about to repair to original state (which sounds like it would remove the 5 updates MS has released for it). Nor was I going to remove whole thing! Sure can get again from MS, but then just more d/l of original plus the 5 updates.

So hit Cancel, launched, and on smoothly after that. Running XP Pro SP3. True, it does auto close Game Manager, but only did it when left the trial. ETA: Since I bought it, GM does not close when I leave the game.

I did think Fetch card had a glitch until realized it's similar to Water cards in Fairway , clear a row (you don't know which one) in order to get item to activate Fetch card. Off to buy now.

ETA: Encountered fence couldn't remove, remembered Daschund could dig under any fence chosen, so hit Menu and switched dogs -- problem solved.
Feared glitch mentioned above when saw acorn and squirrel. But once cleared Acorn row, it dropped, and Squirrel went after it. If there had been no Acorn, probably would have tried whichever breed it is that "goes after varmints" and maybe he would have chased away the squirrel -- hope I remember to try switching dogs if I run into the "no acorn" problem..
Just a suggestion, check traits of "unlocked" dogs to see if one has ability to resolve a particular blockage and also the Shop to maybe purchase a solution.
I have a feeling there's a learning curve here, perhaps more fuss than some folks want in a solitaire game. But flip side, could add extra challenges other folks will love. Granted I'm only about 1.5 hours into it, but I'm enjoying it as I try to remember benefits of stuff sold in the Shop and also the traits each breed has which work like "powerups" to eliminate blockages and other problems.

Edited on 10/20/2011 at 9:30:46 AM PST

Signe28
Squid
Squid
69 Posts

[Post New]by Signe28 on Oct 18, 11 8:37 PM
I am also having the two symptoms others describe:

1) Closes the Game Manager
2) Excrutiatingly slow....

I am running Windows 7

I want to buy this game (it's cute) but not at that glacial crawl of turning the cards and clicking....hope there is an update/upgrade/fix for us Windows 7 people soon!

Go to: