bfgRhone
Manatee
Manatee
4,302 Posts

Post any Halloween: Trick or Treat technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgRhone on Oct 18, 11 12:14 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

*Please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

lyn58
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

Re:Post any Halloween: Trick or Treat technical issues here only

[Post New]by lyn58 on Oct 18, 11 5:18 AM
Here we go again. Looks like a fun game but I can't do anything. First scene and I can't pick anything up with the curser. Anyone else having this problem????

unicornone
Guppy
Guppy
133 Posts

[Post New]by unicornone on Oct 18, 11 1:17 PM
no game cursor showing so I can't do anything at all in this game. Guess the trick is on me..... another wasted download.

[Post New]by HereF1shyF1shy on Oct 18, 11 6:32 PM
I'm playing a H0 scene where I cannot find the last object and the hint highlights the wrong object. I'm looking for "dollar" but the hint highlights a pumpkin. I've waited for the hint to recharge numerous times and still it highlights the same area. I click everywhere around it but no luck. I also don't see a dollar anywhere else. Is this a glitch? Thanks!

jodama
Minnow
Minnow
278 Posts

[Post New]by jodama on Oct 19, 11 3:04 AM
HereF1shyF1shy wrote:I'm playing a H0 scene where I cannot find the last object and the hint highlights the wrong object. I'm looking for "dollar" but the hint highlights a pumpkin. I've waited for the hint to recharge numerous times and still it highlights the same area. I click everywhere around it but no luck. I also don't see a dollar anywhere else. Is this a glitch? Thanks!

I am having the exact same problem as you...the dollar doesn't seem to be anywhere in the picture, and it is showing me the pumpkin every time I click the hint button. There is surely something wrong here, if it is happening to more than one person. Hope BFG will have this fixed or I will be asking for my credit back.
Big disappointment!

dippydebby
Guppy
Guppy
187 Posts

[Post New]by dippydebby on Oct 19, 11 11:57 AM
It is happening to me too, there isnt a dollar!!!!

[Post New]by TuffTadpoles on Oct 19, 11 2:33 PM
HereF1shyF1shy wrote:
I'm playing a H0 scene where I cannot find the last object and the hint highlights the wrong object. I'm looking for "dollar" but the hint highlights a pumpkin. I've waited for the hint to recharge numerous times and still it highlights the same area. I click everywhere around it but no luck. I also don't see a dollar anywhere else. Is this a glitch? Thanks!

Is there by any chance a dollar sign on one of the three pumpkins on the ground near the mouse? The dollar sign may be hard to see and it should be on the pumpkin on the left. This is based on a screen shot I saw at the developer's website (bottom row, second picture from the left).

[Post New]by HereF1shyF1shy on Oct 19, 11 3:27 PM
TuffTadpoles wrote:
HereF1shyF1shy wrote:

Is there by any chance a dollar sign on one of the three pumpkins on the ground near the mouse? The dollar sign may be hard to see and it should be on the pumpkin on the left. This is based on a screen shot I saw at the developer's website (bottom row, second picture from the left).

Nope. I'm looking side-by-side at the screen shot you mention and at my game's screen...and they're different! There's no dollar sign on or around that entire area in my game. The hint will highlight around a plain old orange pumpkin. Definitely a bug.

Thanks for pointing out the screen shot though. At least now I know I'm not going crazy.

And just as an aside: I'm playing in easy mode, so I don't think you can avoid this issue by playing a different mode, unfortunately.

[Post New]by silverfilly on Oct 19, 11 10:07 PM
I am playing the easy version and am looking for a spider at the mansion. The hint keeps going to where the pitch fork was and there is no spider in that scene. The last time I tried a hint the hat turned red and a good portion of the porch a pale green. Help!

[Post New]by marandasmom on Oct 19, 11 11:15 PM
Having the same "dollar sign"issue as all the rest! The hint button highlights either the barrel at the right, but more consistently, the pumpkins on the left, maybe a
"dollar" is all we should have paid to buy this game!

RedPoppies
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by RedPoppies on Oct 20, 11 9:04 PM
Sounded like a great game - loaded well, but why do the hidden object games have so much graphic breakdown in them? Can't even play the first one - background flickering so much it gave me a headache. I haven't got the latest laptop but this is happening more frequently, very dissapointing. Just glad you can try before you buy.

dianaluna
Herring
Herring
339 Posts

About that missing dollar!

[Post New]by dianaluna on Oct 21, 11 8:34 AM
I too was stuck trying to find the dollar and the hint button showed first a pumpkin--then a spot on the edge of the roof. I took the advice of Blackmist66 who said to try clicking in between the two pumpkins that are near one another--I clicked there and got it on the first try. Good luck-hope it works for everyone who is frustrated by this glitch.

dippydebby
Guppy
Guppy
187 Posts

[Post New]by dippydebby on Oct 21, 11 12:20 PM
I took your advice dianaluna and concentrated on the right hand side of the first of the two pumpkins, and it worked! thank you!!

mazomaiden
Squid
Squid
68 Posts

[Post New]by mazomaiden on Oct 21, 11 5:29 PM
I am trying to get the last item on my list, the hocky stick, outside the store. I have tried 4 times letting the hint button load and then it shows me a different spot for it each time and its not there! I have had this problem several times. I love this game but it wont work

[Post New]by jobynne on Oct 26, 11 7:09 PM
HereF1shyF1shy wrote:I'm playing a H0 scene where I cannot find the last object and the hint highlights the wrong object. I'm looking for "dollar" but the hint highlights a pumpkin. I've waited for the hint to recharge numerous times and still it highlights the same area. I click everywhere around it but no luck. I also don't see a dollar anywhere else. Is this a glitch? Thanks!

I found the "dollar" after consulting this site by clicking on the leftmost pumpkin at the 10 o'clock position (top left)

goeash
Koi
Koi
83,226 Posts

[Post New]by goeash on Oct 30, 11 4:11 AM
I Have played the trial version and quite liked it, so decided to buy it. However, it will not install at all. I have looked up the help line and done as they have suggested, but it still will not install. I have asked for my credit to be refunded.

FinnyFine
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by FinnyFine on Oct 31, 11 12:30 PM
Playing on a Mac. Cannot pick up anything in any scene in either casual or challenge modes.

Very disappointing, I thought this would be a perfect game to play on Halloween.

[Post New]by fox49651 on Nov 5, 11 3:42 PM

jkuci
Flounder
Flounder
2,447 Posts

[Post New]by jkuci on Nov 5, 11 4:33 PM
fox49651 wrote:

Its been awhile since I played this but I didn't have any trouble like you are mentioning...maybe its a - dollar sign , instead of a dollar....?

**** scene for the "Dollar"

[Post New]by moviequeen7609 on Nov 13, 11 5:12 PM
It's somewhere between the trio of pumpkins, more specifically, between the leftmost and the one in the middle.

Edited on 11/13/2011 at 5:12:59 PM PST

Go to: