bfgRhone
Manatee
Manatee
4,302 Posts

Reviews for Halloween: Trick or Treat

[Post New]by bfgRhone on Oct 18, 11 12:16 AM
Hi Fishies!

What do you think of Halloween: Trick or Treat? Feel free to share your thoughts and opinions about the game in this thread. We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond! To help other players get the most out of your review, you could add a note stating if you played the trial or full version and how far you have gotten in the game!

A lot of fishies that will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include the words SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post .

For any comments or discussions other than your general feedback on this game you can create a new discussion in the game forum. If you’re experiencing technical issues with this game, be sure to pop over to the support thread dedicated to the game here.

Happy gaming!

bfgRhone

sheriff09
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

Re:Reviews for Halloween: Trick or Treat

[Post New]by sheriff09 on Oct 18, 11 12:22 AM

Edited on 05/08/2013 at 3:13:50 AM PST

Hoggywizard
Squid
Squid
78 Posts

[Post New]by Hoggywizard on Oct 18, 11 12:23 AM

Edited on 05/08/2013 at 2:39:09 AM PST

[Post New]by StormbringerXX on Oct 18, 11 12:39 AM

Edited on 05/08/2013 at 1:54:07 AM PST

SeaBamboo
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,158 Posts

[Post New]by SeaBamboo on Oct 18, 11 1:21 AM
This is a game from Casual Arts which is aimed at the younger player. The graphics are cartoonish & brightly coloured; a cheering YEAH is given if you find a special item. It filled my widescreen.

There is an easy mode with sparkles, no misclick penalty & a 25 second hint recharge whereas hard mode has no sparkles, the cursor stops for a couple of seconds if you over click & the hint recharge is 40 seconds.

You switch between hidden object scenes & very easy mini games; within the H0 scenes are candy canes, find them to earn points, you will be told when you have found all in a scene. After the first H0 scene another point earner comes into play; an alternated skull/pumpkin flashes in certain areas of the screen if your cursor passes over it. Click on the skull & you earn a trick, click on the pumpkin & you earn a treat.

I did not play long enough to know what the points, treats & tricks will give you. This is not a buy for me but seems a fun game to play with a child

jojo_the_joyful
Salmon
Salmon
2,761 Posts

[Post New]by jojo_the_joyful on Oct 18, 11 1:31 AM
Good morning all.

Well what a dicotomy this game is.

I absolutely hate it and at the same time it is an absolute buy from me LOL.

It is a light & humourous, innocent halloween game where you play 2 kids doing trick or treating through hidden object scenes.

Between each scene is a mini game.

The H0's are very well placed and quite well disguised and sometimes tricky to spot. Also although very correctly names, sometimes, you may be required to "think out side the box". By that I mean (this example i am making up) if you need to find a Galaxy, it may not be some stars, or even chocolate but a car model.

The good news is the hints are clear, lingering & fast to relode ( I am on easy mode)

The mini games are varied, so far I have played pairs, spot the difference, match the shapes and a jigsaw. They are all very eay but pleasent enough.

The music is apt if a bit annoying, I just turned it down. There are other good sound effects too, I came very close to strangling a cat in one scene LOL

Also along the way you score points, collect hidden candy canes for extra points and gamble with "trick or treat" objects where you can win or loose your points.

Because the minigames are so easy and because the H) scenes are quite tricky, I would say this is a perfect family game to play with children, grand children etc.

This is an absolutely annoying game & I hate it so much I am off to buy it right now LOL.

I will edit later if I get a chance, to give some indication of length.

If nothing else this game really needs to be demo'd.

Jojo

sunidayz
Minnow
Minnow
253 Posts

[Post New]by sunidayz on Oct 18, 11 1:40 AM
Cute little game for Halloween! Kind of more of a kid's game, but I enjoyed it. It was different from what I usually play - a straight HOG with mini-games thrown in. The graphics were really good and brightly colored. The demo hour went by really fast and was disappointed when the time was up. I would rate this game an 8 out of 10.

cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

[Post New]by cherbtoo on Oct 18, 11 1:43 AM
This game is not for me as I really do not like Spot the Differences and I got fed up looking when I got to 10 and I dread coming across another but that is my fault and not the game's.

To the devs I would just like to say that I found it unnecessary to be told off (cursor shakes) when I clicked on the 'wrong' object when there are more than one of the object of the screen such as the letter M and eyes.

The graphics are great though and I love the trick or treat part and I think that kids will enjoy playing this HOG game .

Cherb

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Oct 18, 11 3:46 AM
I don`t like this game very much. I have tried it, much I think its a little bit too easy for me. But if you like that style of game this could be yours. Happy gaming.

QEIII
Herring
Herring
329 Posts

[Post New]by QEIII on Oct 18, 11 3:51 AM
This a straight HOG game with VERY easy mini's between HOG scenes. I think this is suitable for children to play. But for this oldie - not for me.

Edited on 10/18/2011 at 3:52:24 AM PST

[Post New]by heatherington on Oct 18, 11 4:18 AM
This is a really great game. Not to hard. Just fun and easy, even though I did see a STD which should be a no no. You can skip the puzzles that you don't want to play and get points and stuff for getting all their candy canes. I don't really play for points but it gives you something to challenge yourself with. I like it and bought accordingly. I love Halloween and if you do too it makes for an enjoyable game and some really unusual things to find, like goal posts, we usually don't get those much. So enjoy! This is going to be my annual Happy Halloween to myself. I love the "Christmas Bonus" they gave us a few years ago. Not on the daily special or tomorrows game today place. I found this by accident. Got to watch closely! Have a great day Fishes.

poopysue
Shark
Shark
10,858 Posts

[Post New]by poopysue on Oct 18, 11 5:26 AM
At 84, Mom can't, or won't play the more complex games. This is perfect for her old eyes, and easy enough. It was a nice little treat for her this morning!

textrekkie
Shark
Shark
13,265 Posts

[Post New]by textrekkie on Oct 18, 11 6:57 AM
I thought this was such a cute seasonal game. Although geared toward the young set, I thought it was a "treat".

It's done very well. The HOS are not easy and there's have lots of fun stuff incorporated in them, like steaming cauldrons, meowing cats, flickering skull eyes, etc., along with hidden candy canes to find for extra points.

There's lots of variety in the mini-games and although on the easy side, they are fun to complete.

This one is a buy for me as it will go nicely in my Seasonal Games collection!

Thanks, Casual Arts! Very nice job and a very fun game!

MEnr56
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,984 Posts

[Post New]by MEnr56 on Oct 18, 11 7:57 AM
textrekkie wrote:I thought this was such a cute seasonal game. Although geared toward the young set, I thought it was a "treat".

It's done very well. The HOS are not easy and there's have lots of fun stuff incorporated in them, like steaming cauldrons, meowing cats, flickering skull eyes, etc., along with hidden candy canes to find for extra points.

There's lots of variety in the mini-games and although on the easy side, they are fun to complete.

This one is a buy for me as it will go nicely in my Seasonal Games collection!

Thanks, Casual Arts! Very nice job and a very fun game!

I haven't downloaded nor trialed this game but I'm wondering why for a Halloween game, that people would be needing to find candy canes rather than candy corns?

MEnr56

Hoggywizard
Squid
Squid
78 Posts

[Post New]by Hoggywizard on Oct 18, 11 8:13 AM

Edited on 05/08/2013 at 2:38:38 AM PST

[Post New]by quarlesqueen on Oct 18, 11 8:53 AM
Every holiday I wait to see, what the special game is going to be, I love Halloween, so D/L now, to check this out.
From the reviews, it sounds like a game, that I am going to enjoy, collecting candy canes, and trick or treat's .
I am 49 yrs old, and would still go trick or treating, if I could, but since I have no children, I think that would be a dead give away..lol.
So I am sure that even though a couple of fishie's think this game is for children, I am a big kid, and will probably have fun playing it .
Last years game was Cursed House, which I did buy and have played several times, its a M3, so still hoping we get another M3 for Halloween also.
Demo is loaded, so off to try, have a great day everyone :-)

NanaLoona
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
447 Posts

[Post New]by NanaLoona on Oct 18, 11 9:38 AM
Loved this game as a cute diversion for Halloween. It could be for kids as others have said but I think they would need to be older kids.

Does anyone have an idea of game length? I will buy if it goes for at least another hour, but I don't want to buy and have it end in 10 minutes.

Nana

kinget
Guppy
Guppy
154 Posts

[Post New]by kinget on Oct 18, 11 10:34 AM
Same here on game length. I played 15 minutes and the kids were ready to go trick-or-treating, so I wonder if I'm going to be close to finishing if I run the whole demo. Thanks, somebody!

joyce2121
Manatee
Manatee
4,490 Posts

[Post New]by joyce2121 on Oct 18, 11 10:51 AM
Maybe (or probably) I'm in my second childhood, but I'm really
enjoying this game. So far in demo time, the mini games have
been really easy; even the dreaded STD, but I am finding
the H0s do have some challenge to them. Usually, I will use a hint
when I'm down to one item and assume it's just too small
or color-on-color to be seen by my old eyes. Wrong
assumption in this game! They are just cleverly hidden.
Who'd of thunk I couldn't find a decent size hammer
of all things?

The graphics, animations and sound effects are most
enjoyable, tho' I too thought of strangling that cat.

No kid to share it with, but going to buy, start over in
hard mode and hope it lasts for at least two hours.

[Post New]by angelofmusic62 on Oct 18, 11 10:56 AM
Strange game. It seems like it is geared for kids, since kids are dressing up and going trick or treating, but some of the objects are a bit difficult to find for a little kid. It is a straight HOG with easy puzzles in between. However, I did get a laugh at the opening scene of the child's bedroom. Add some dirty clothes on the floor and it looks like my kids room! I got bored after about 15 minutes and won't be buying.

Go to: