bfgRhone
Manatee
Manatee
4,302 Posts

Post any Sherlock Holmes: The Mystery of the Persian Carpet technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgRhone on Oct 18, 11 12:16 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

*Please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bessiegirl
Clownfish
Clownfish
738 Posts

Re:Post any Sherlock Holmes: The Mystery of the Persian Carpet technical issues here only

[Post New]by bessiegirl on Oct 18, 11 7:22 AM
screen freezes on the first witness....tried three times going in and out...still freezes at the same place.

Freka
Herring
Herring
304 Posts

Re:Post any Sherlock Holmes: The Mystery of the Persian Carpet technical issues here only

[Post New]by Freka on Oct 18, 11 6:29 PM
I get to the cement works basement. Then it freezes and I can do nothing, not even access the menu. Went out and in, stopped at same place. I will try to delete and download. If I get the same error, I'll save my $3.17!

Deleted, re-loaded, ended up in same place. Might have been a nice game, but I don't feel like sitting doing nothing for an hour. Saved my money today!~

Edited on 10/18/2011 at 7:27:35 PM PST

[Post New]by Etain_Arianrhod on Nov 22, 11 9:01 PM
There's a drawer I'm supposed to open to get an item out of it. I hear the drawer sliding open....but it doesn't slide open on the screen. I'm completely stuck now.

[Post New]by nannyogg77 on Dec 9, 11 4:11 PM
Same as Freka - game freezes at cement works. I did not have this problem on my old laptop which had Windows Vista (I wouldn't have bought the game otherwise!), but since I downloaded the game to my new Windows 7 laptop I cannot play it at all! Have deleted and re-downloaded with no luck.

Akela16
Guppy
Guppy
193 Posts

[Post New]by Akela16 on Mar 20, 12 2:57 PM
I have the same problem as Freka and nannyogg77 ... I get to the Cement Works Basement then my computer freezes up.

I'm on an iMac 22.5" running OS X Snow Leopard version 10.6.8

[Post New]by dogtrainer389 on Apr 1, 12 11:23 PM
I am now at least the 4th person to report the freezing at the Cement works basement scene. The cursor won't work and there is an extra cursor displayed that won't move, and I can't even close the game I have to use Control Alt Delete and hit End Task more than once. I've just reinstalled video drivers so I don't think that is an issue.

[Post New]by Bizzylizzy828 on May 3, 12 4:11 AM
I thought this too but you have to click the arrow which is pointing to one of the clues. Then it starts working.

Go to: