textrekkie
Shark
Shark
13,265 Posts

Comments for Best in Show Solitaire

[Post New]by textrekkie on Oct 18, 11 6:49 AM
A place for your comments regarding Best in Show Solitaire.

MEnr56
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,984 Posts

Re:Comments for Best in Show Solitaire

[Post New]by MEnr56 on Oct 18, 11 7:45 AM

I am pro and con on this game:

PRO -- it does play similar to Fairway Solitaire which I and I was able to buy from the store and then use some of the items to achieve 1 or 2 (can't remember now) of the goals necessary to go onto the next level

PRO -- I liked the different aspects of the game -- have to find the tennis ball in order to unlock the Fetch card (similar to the water trap in Fairway Solitaire) and you had to play your cards well to remove them from the Fence card to get rid of the fence (similar to the sand trap in Fairway Solitaire)

CON -- there were no commentators as there are in the Fairway Solitaire game and the silence (for me anyway) was deafening

CON -- I kept on getting messages that I'd unlocked a "new dog" but for the life of me, I couldn't find anyway to get to the page that displayed all the unlocked dogs to choose a different dog. All dogs are good but personally, I Rottweilers (though at the moment I have a St. Bernard puppy because I can't seem to find a Rottie in this entire state after I had to "put down" my 10 year old last December ) and had wanted to ascertain if that was 1 of the dogs unlocked so that I could choose it.

Does a person have to be at 100% of each dog category BEFORE being allowed to switch dogs? If so, then why is the "switch" button highlighted under the present dog? I would think that it would say something to that affect instead of showing you the 1 dog and all the other boxes have question marks on them which you can't click on AFTER you've clicked the "switch" button. This part is very confusing to me.

MEnr56

[Post New]by GradGames on Oct 18, 11 9:40 AM
MEnr56-

When you get a "Dog Unlocked" message that means new dogs are available at the Pet Store for purchase... save up your money and visit the Pet Store to purchase new dogs.

MEnr56
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,984 Posts

[Post New]by MEnr56 on Oct 18, 11 11:46 AM
GradGames wrote:MEnr56-

When you get a "Dog Unlocked" message that means new dogs are available at the Pet Store for purchase... save up your money and visit the Pet Store to purchase new dogs.

OHHH, I didn't realize that; okay, then, thank you for the clarification. I do have this game in my "Definite Buy" folder and will probably purchase it (along with other games) at the end of the month. If I remember correctly has a Halloween-type sale.

MEnr56

kdubs
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,480 Posts

[Post New]by kdubs on Oct 18, 11 4:36 PM
I've switched dogs several times during my first 1.5 hours.

Anytime you think it might be beneficial to switch your dog for one that has a special "powerup trait" that you need, you can click Menu, then Dog Select. From there you can switch dogs, return right to your same place in the current layout, and then sic 'em on the problem. So far, I have switched to the dauschund using this method because I had a Fence but couldn't get to a Fence card.

This is about the only time I would ever think it's so great to have a dog of mine that will dig under a fence .

Kikimine
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by Kikimine on Oct 18, 11 6:41 PM
Question: How do you save a game in a "definite buy" folder? What is this and how is it accomplished?

MEnr56
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,984 Posts

[Post New]by MEnr56 on Oct 18, 11 8:46 PM
Kikimine wrote:Question: How do you save a game in a "definite buy" folder? What is this and how is it accomplished?

Whenever you download a game from , that game's icon is placed on your desktop.

I right-clicked on my desktop, went down the menu until I came to "New" and then right-clicked on that and clicked on folder and named the 1st folder BFGames and then clicked and dragged all the games that I'd ALREADY purchased into that folder.

I then repeated the process but called the 2nd folder "Definite Buy" and dragged THAT folder into my BFGames folder; I've also a 3rd folder named $2.99 which I dragged into the BFGames folder.

I then will trial any games that I am interested and if I REALLY like it, then I'll open the BFGames folder and drag that game's icon to my "Definite Buy" folder. If I like a game but not so much, I'll drag that game's icon to my $2.99 folder.

In doing this, it does a couple of things:

1-- it keeps my desktop looking clean and
2-- when has a weekend sale (i.e. Labor Day, Thanksgiving, hoping they'll have a Halloween), I just open up my "Definite Buy" folder and pick which games I want to purchase (or choose all of them if there's not too many and I can afford it) and list them on the purchase page and pay for 1 back-up CD ( provides whatever #of CDs you need to cover all the games you'd just purchased)

After all the games have been purchased, I'll delete the icons from the folder. I delete them because new icons are placed on your desktop when you download the full version of the game -- which I drag into my BFGames folder

MEnr56

Masanders
Guppy
Guppy
124 Posts

[Post New]by Masanders on Oct 18, 11 9:57 PM
I didn't re-download, which might have sped up the game somewhat, so I was getting very aggravated by the slowly spinning cards and by the even more slowly turning over of the newly-revealed card. This was extremely annoying!!! Also, some more instructions would have improved the play. I had no idea what the dish saying
Queen would do if you clicked on it and ended up wasting it by clicking when I had no card showing. I won't be buying this game even at the DD price. (The dogs are cute, though.)

[Post New]by GradGames on Oct 19, 11 7:48 AM
kdubs wrote:I've switched dogs several times during my first 1.5 hours.

This is about the only time I would ever think it's so great to have a dog of mine that will dig under a fence .

Collecting/switching dogs is definitely what it's all about... wait till you start getting massive combos with the Irish Jack or biting through cards with the Pitbull.

For those people a little confused by the depth, check out Big Fish's Wakthrough on their blog.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Oct 24, 11 9:23 AM
I would have enjoyed playing this game, if it hadn´t been for the size of the cards, which were a little too small, and because the cards were a flat 2-D dimension.

[Post New]by Paplover on Nov 12, 11 5:57 PM
If it wasn't for the stupid animation of spinning cards every time you click one (which really slows it down), I would have already bought this as I love dogs and solitaire is fun.

[Post New]by nontechiegrannie on Nov 13, 11 7:55 PM
I love solitaire & dogs so I thought this would be a great game. Unfortunately the lack of background music, speaking etc. & clear concise game play rules makes it a little difficult. I am having trouble getting the cards cleared in less than a minute as the cards move v e r y s l o w l y so I cannot move forward with the game & it is most frustrating. I also do not like the spinning cards. They are really annoying.

[Post New]by jasbrico on Dec 6, 11 8:49 PM
Has anyone else found the following:

When when all level objectives are completed (green check marks) and the white bone is completely filled the level still says "FAIL" and all 9 games have to be replayed? Then during the replay the money earned and perfected games are carried over from the first run-through?

Sometimes I can click on cards BEHIND others (they're not fully revealed) or there will be a fence but no "dig" card is available to be revealed.

Also noticed combos are glitchy where sometimes clicking on the dog's trained ability will continue the combo and other times it will force me to end the combo...

Love the dog theme, but totally UNimpressed with coding behind this game...

Where's a good time management game when I need it???

Tygrepawz
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by Tygrepawz on Jan 29, 13 10:13 PM
First, I like playing solitaires and I like dogs so this was looking like a good choice. I did read the reviews first but decide to take a chance on it. it is So-o-o-o slow it's like watching paint dry. On one level you were required to finish a hand within two minutes and my best time at that point was 3.5 due to the freezing up every time a card flipped into the deck. I am slowly getting it done but have had to replay a few levels that failed because of glitches in the squirrel/nut placement or missing fences on the barriers. I'm running Vista 32 bit and haven't had any problems to speak of with most of my other games - over 100 just from - but the slow play is a definite drawback.

Go to: