bfgRhone
Manatee
Manatee
4,302 Posts

Post any Mystery of the Ancients: Lockwood Manor technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgRhone on Oct 19, 11 12:14 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

*Please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

nelliegemini
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,898 Posts

Re:Post any Mystery of the Ancients: Lockwood Manor technical issues here only

[Post New]by nelliegemini on Oct 19, 11 12:20 AM
It loaded fine, but now I'm getting 'Error access violation' and a black screen I have to CntrlAltDel to get out of. Off to check the help pages!

Oh, and this is the first time I've had a problem since the beginning of the Game Manager debacle, and I have downloaded and trialled every game except 'Slots'.

nikoko
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

[Post New]by nikoko on Oct 19, 11 12:42 AM
Like the collectors edition, I am getting no text. I can't see what items I need to find and I can't see what people say! Did anyone find a way round this?

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Oct 19, 11 12:46 AM
nelliegemini wrote:It loaded fine, but now I'm getting 'Error access violation' and a black screen I have to CntrlAltDel to get out of. Off to check the help pages!

Oh, and this is the first time I've had a problem since the beginning of the Game Manager debacle, and I have downloaded and trialled every game except 'Slots'.

Looks like the developers have NOT seen fit to do something about this problem. I, and many others, had the exact same problem with the CE version.

A new version had been issued with the CE, which addressed all the many other problems this game had, but not this particular one.

Edited on 10/19/2011 at 12:48:52 AM PST

Mart1n0940
Squid
Squid
65 Posts

[Post New]by Mart1n0940 on Oct 19, 11 7:46 AM
I had one complete freeze up when getting the last statuette out. This required a hard shutdown and reboot but then it was OK next time

Also, I was using the custom cursor and there was more of a lag in moving around the screen than usual

[Post New]by kathira on Oct 19, 11 8:45 AM
nelliegemini wrote:It loaded fine, but now I'm getting 'Error access violation' and a black screen I have to CntrlAltDel to get out of. Off to check the help pages!

had the same problem, i have norton installed, just had to turn it off to start the game.

dont bother! now its doing it during the game!

Edited on 10/19/2011 at 8:56:27 AM PST

Mapsman
Guppy
Guppy
106 Posts

[Post New]by Mapsman on Oct 19, 11 9:17 AM
I'm getting a Norton warning that this file is not safe. Why? Can you fix it, Big Fish? And, no, I won't turn Norton off.

ChocCherry
Guppy
Guppy
102 Posts

[Post New]by ChocCherry on Oct 19, 11 9:28 AM
ACCESS VIOLATION - Not dealing with this one either. No buy.

bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Oct 19, 11 9:37 AM
Hello everyone,

It sounds like a couple of you are seeing an Access Violation error message at the beginning of the game. I would definitely recommend going through the steps outlined in this help article if you haven't already:

Access Violation

If you are experiencing a freeze in the game, please check out this help article that has some helpful troubleshooting steps:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

Mapsman, it's possible for some anti-virus software to incorrectly flag our games as having viruses, but no game released through Big Fish Games has ever contained a virus or any software that may be harmful to your system. So I would recommend getting in touch with Tech Support so that our reps can offer some suggestions.

If you are continuing to have troubles with the game after going through the help articles suggested, please get in touch with our Tech Support team and our reps will be happy to assist you individually. Please also include the steps you've already taken and a Dr. Felix report. Thank you!

-bfgArnoStyx

Tikatoy
Minnow
Minnow
269 Posts

[Post New]by Tikatoy on Oct 19, 11 10:06 AM
Not seeing either the "Buy It" or "Try It" download links on the page (for the SE, the CE download links are there).

peeshee_1951
Stingray
Stingray
5,444 Posts

[Post New]by peeshee_1951 on Oct 19, 11 10:55 AM
Downloaded fine, playing away and having a good time. Got to greenhouse and cursor only shows in a small square of the screen???? It disappears if outside the very center about a 3X3 inch area?? Very strange. Didn't seen anyone else with this problem, so will uninstall and try again to see if it gets better.

imaoldlayde
Guppy
Guppy
113 Posts

[Post New]by imaoldlayde on Oct 19, 11 11:00 AM
would buy, but needs big fix, access violation after playing 5 or 10 min.twice, had to alt, tab delete, uninstalled, reinstalled same thing. all is up to date, hp makes sure. please just fix the game.

imaoldlayde
Guppy
Guppy
113 Posts

[Post New]by imaoldlayde on Oct 19, 11 11:00 AM
would buy, but needs big fix, access violation after playing 5 or 10 min.twice, had to alt, tab delete, uninstalled, reinstalled same thing. all is up to date, hp makes sure. please just fix the game.

[Post New]by val1066 on Oct 19, 11 11:14 AM
I too can download but am getting access violation and have to use task manager to escape! Problems are happening too often lately.

bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Oct 19, 11 11:23 AM
Tikatoy, you may want to see if using a different web browser might help. Here is a help article with a list of web browsers that are compatible: Supported Web Browsers

peeshee_1951, that's certainly strange! If the uninstalling/reinstalling doesn't help, I'd recommend getting in touch with Tech Support with a screenshot or two of the issue.

If you are seeing an Access Violation error and have gone through the steps in the help article: Access Violation, please get in touch with Tech Support so that our reps can work with you to resolve this. Thanks!

-bfgArnoStyx

[Post New]by maureencamper on Oct 19, 11 12:39 PM
I can not get the code to work on the piano. Am I doing something wrong!

biged49
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by biged49 on Oct 19, 11 4:17 PM
Error access violation uinstalled tried again same error.Looks like a good game it let me start it but when I quit and went back thats when I get error both times.Don't want to go through the trouble to figure it out.Never happened before.Too bad!

[Post New]by grammacat on Oct 19, 11 5:25 PM
Game won't start. I also get accss violation.

lisahd
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by lisahd on Oct 19, 11 5:34 PM
I'm getting access violation error. The most infuriating part is that the demo played just fine but once I purchased the game I get the error. I really don't want to go through all those trouble shooting steps. I would rather just get a refund and wait for another game to purchase.

Tootlestwo
Lobster
Lobster
81 Posts

[Post New]by Tootlestwo on Oct 19, 11 10:16 PM
Sigh..........same thing here. Access violation. Since I see others are having the same problem I will assume that it is a problem with the game and see no sense in going through the whole "Dr. Felix thingy". Drat and dang it! It looked like a good game.

Go to: