bfgRhone
Manatee
Manatee
4,302 Posts

Post any 7 Wonders: Magical Mystery Tour technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgRhone on Oct 19, 11 12:18 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

*Please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

suzsmarmie
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

Re:Post any 7 Wonders: Magical Mystery Tour technical issues here only

[Post New]by suzsmarmie on Oct 19, 11 10:22 AM
Stupid access violation AGAIN..I've even sent Dr. Fish or whatever to try to figure this out. Just happens on certain games; lately more games than ever. Is it the game manager glitch? Sorry, BFG I try to love the site, but this is getting really frustrating. I've got 5 credits, but you bet I try games first for this very reason.

Anybody got any ideas other than the standard fixes? I've tried them; so far no luck..

suzsmarmie
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by suzsmarmie on Oct 19, 11 10:23 AM
Stupid access violation AGAIN..I've even sent Dr. Fish or whatever to try to figure this out. Just happens on certain games; lately more games than ever. Is it the game manager glitch? Sorry, BFG I try to love the site, but this is getting really frustrating. I've got 5 credits, but you bet I try games first for this very reason.

Anybody got any ideas other than the standard fixes? I've tried them; so far no luck..

suzsmarmie
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by suzsmarmie on Oct 19, 11 10:26 AM
Stupid ACCESS VIOLATION again. It's happening on more and more of the BFG games lately (for me, anyway). I have 5 game credits but you can bet I try first for this very reason..so many of them will not open due to this error. I've tried all the suggestions and so far, no luck. Anybody got any other suggestions to fix this? Is it the game manager problem for me? Just so frustrating;....

suzsmarmie
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by suzsmarmie on Oct 19, 11 10:55 AM
So sorry all...It looked like it hadn't posted..sheesh. I am so sorry; please forgive the error.

bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Oct 19, 11 11:58 AM
Hey suzsmarmie,

Access Violations can occur for various reasons. If you've already gone through the steps suggested in the help article (Access Violation (you can click on this link)), I would highly recommend getting in touch with Tech Support with a Dr. Felix report so that our reps can work with you individually after taking a look into the specifications of your system. They're full of knowledge and should be able to get this resolved for you. Thanks!

-bfgArnoStyx

suzsmarmie
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by suzsmarmie on Oct 19, 11 4:25 PM
Giving that a try again; maybe this time they'll figure out what's going on..lol. All of these games work just fine when downloaded from their respective sites and/or I play them through their program files...gotta be the game manager..that's all I can figure, but who knows?
Thanks again and again, I apologize for the prior screw up..!

Sante001
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
428 Posts

[Post New]by Sante001 on Oct 19, 11 9:26 PM
Love the 7 Wonder, this one is also great with a lot of power ups BUT it took almost an hour to download. Any suggestions?

MKD7777
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by MKD7777 on Oct 20, 11 6:27 AM
I bought this game yesterday and found it runs very, very slowly on my Windows Vista Home Premium with SP1--320GB Hard Drive, 3GB MemoryDDR2 memory,15-in-1Digital Media Manager. Is there anything I can do on this computer to get it to run faster? Otherwise it seems to work fine. Thanks for all your help. I really like the BF forum.

[Post New]by NeutrinoBiscuit on Oct 28, 11 6:33 AM
I just bought this today and it is basically unplayable. FRAPS shows the game running at 5-6 fps, which is obviously ridiculous. It looks like I am not the only one with this issue.

The system is the follow: AMD Athlon X2 64 3.1Ghz, 4GB DDR2, Radeon 4870 1GB running Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit. Before they are mentioned, background processes and anti-virus are not an issue.

NormanFan
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by NormanFan on Nov 14, 11 4:26 PM
I was able to download in no time but when I start the trial, I get a screen pop up asking me if I want to "debug". Whether I say Yes or Cancel, the result is the same - I get sent back to the Game Manager with the "Thank you for Playing" screen.

I have played the other 7 Wonders games with no issues and have not had this come up for any other game install for BFG, just this one game. That would make me assume it's the game and not my system, since other games work just fine.

Is there a fix in the works? Or any advice? I have deleted and re-downloaded 4 times all with the same issue.

Thank you!

Skyered
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by Skyered on Nov 17, 11 3:48 AM
The game will not save my progress. When I exit the game then restart at a later time, I have to start over again. Is there a fix to this? I am so frustrated I am considering a refund.
Thank you.

LizzieK
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,190 Posts

[Post New]by LizzieK on Nov 17, 11 5:03 AM
Skyered wrote:The game will not save my progress. When I exit the game then restart at a later time, I have to start over again. Is there a fix to this? I am so frustrated I am considering a refund.
Thank you.
What kind of system are you playing on? Are you on a PC, Ipad, Mac?

[Post New]by Desi28 on Nov 20, 11 2:14 PM
I played the game through and it told me i could play them again in a different difficulty. I logged out and came back later to see that half of my progress was gone. So I deleted that profile and made another one. Played, logged out and came back, the new profile was gone and it had me back to half of my old profile progress again. So I tried again under run as admin and beat the game. Went to play and it was again back at half progress. I run Windows 7 Pro 64 bit.

LizzieK
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,190 Posts

[Post New]by LizzieK on Nov 20, 11 2:21 PM
Are you playing on a network where you have a server?

[Post New]by Desi28 on Nov 20, 11 2:47 PM
No, just a home computer.

LizzieK
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,190 Posts

[Post New]by LizzieK on Nov 20, 11 5:32 PM
Sounds like it may be wise for you to send a Dr. Felix report to BFG customer service and see if they can spot the problem.

Good luck!

[Post New]by Caprig on Dec 5, 11 9:04 AM
Game will not save no matter what I try. See others having the same issue - what's up?

bfgHondo
Manatee
Manatee
3,712 Posts

[Post New]by bfgHondo on Dec 5, 11 11:14 AM
Hi Caprig, Desi28, and Skyered-

I'm sorry to hear that your game isn't saving correctly. Please give the steps in this help article a try:

Game Not Saving

If your progress still isn't being saved after completing those steps, please contact Tech Support and one of our reps will be happy to take a closer look at this with you.

Hope this helps!

-bfgHondo

letsdoit
Shark
Shark
10,483 Posts

[Post New]by letsdoit on Dec 9, 11 10:20 PM
NormanFan wrote:I was able to download in no time but when I start the trial, I get a screen pop up asking me if I want to "debug". Whether I say Yes or Cancel, the result is the same - I get sent back to the Game Manager with the "Thank you for Playing" screen.

I have played the other 7 Wonders games with no issues and have not had this come up for any other game install for BFG, just this one game. That would make me assume it's the game and not my system, since other games work just fine.

Is there a fix in the works? Or any advice? I have deleted and re-downloaded 4 times all with the same issue.

Thank you!

Same problem on my new puter....run Windows XP ... have d/l twice from 'purchase history' to play again...the first time nothing saved...then tonight it has been doing the 'debug' issues...many many times...quite flustrating...no other game as of this date has done this new 'glitch'!

Go to: