bfgRhone
Manatee
Manatee
4,302 Posts

Reviews for 7 Wonders: Magical Mystery Tour

[Post New]by bfgRhone on Oct 19, 11 12:18 AM
Hi Fishies!

What do you think of 7 Wonders: Magical Mystery Tour? Feel free to share your thoughts and opinions about the game in this thread. We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond! To help other players get the most out of your review, you could add a note stating if you played the trial or full version and how far you have gotten in the game!

A lot of fishies that will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include the words SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post .

For any comments or discussions other than your general feedback on this game you can create a new discussion in the game forum. If you’re experiencing technical issues with this game, be sure to pop over to the support thread dedicated to the game here.

Happy gaming!

bfgRhone

CasualGran
Herring
Herring
324 Posts

Re:Reviews for 7 Wonders: Magical Mystery Tour

[Post New]by CasualGran on Oct 19, 11 1:37 AM
Goodday fishies!

This will be the first 7 Wonders I'll be buying because... it has a Zen mode! Yeh! Yippie! No timer! That's the way I like it!

Of course for all the other fishies loving a challenge there are more modes to choose from, beginning by Normal. Meaning, amongst others, timed. There you are. Fun for everyone!

I think this is a very cute game. I like seeing those moving little figures at the bottom of your screen, I like the overall happy atmosphere. Really a nice change from the usual stuff I'm buying being the thrilling kind of HOGs.

A very good M3 game I can recommend to everyone (liking M3 of course )

5 out of 5

MEnr56
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,984 Posts

[Post New]by MEnr56 on Oct 19, 11 1:45 AM

This is a TIMED game but it seems to be generous because I was able to complete the first "contract" -- which for me is a miracle because I am not very "quick on the draw"

You start off immediately with having 2 colored squares in which you must match the color with 3 same-colored runes in order to clear it and to get the keys ; it wasn't as difficult as I'd expected it to be to line up the colored runes to match the colored squares.

You also start off immediately with power-ups strewn among the runes and the game is VERY generous with them; later it might be a different story but don't know as I was still working on the 2nd "contract" when my trial ended.

Once you've cleared the board, the cornerstone pops up which you must drop to the bottom to complete the level; again, it didn't cause any stress as the timer still appeared to be very slow in draining.

After completing the board, you then need to click on the "worker" and then click on green highlighted areas of each castle and he throws the bricks to wherever you direct him and that's the way you're renovating the castle; it'll also unlock another power-up or strengthen an existing one. Later on, you'll be gathering leaves for the gardener who will then landscape the castle area.

I did manage to earn an achievement for not using a power-up in clearing the board; how many achievements and for what, I don't know.

Off to your upper left, there will be an hourglass with colored runes to it occasionally popping up and if you match those particular colored runes before the hourglass disappears, then it refills your time meter.

I did find it the game a tad slow in movement but nothing that I couldn't accept; have placed this game in my "Definite Buy" folder.

MEnr56

P.S. CasualGran has stated that the Zen mode is untimed (I'd chosen Normal) so this game is even better than I thought because if I get stuck later on, then I can just start again in the Zen mode

Edited on 10/19/2011 at 1:50:04 AM PST

sinshack
Flounder
Flounder
2,150 Posts

[Post New]by sinshack on Oct 19, 11 2:45 AM
Since "7 Wonders - Treasures of Seven" is my very favorite M3 game (gotta love the board that flips) I had to try this one. I love zen mode, because I hate timers (the only drawback to the earier games in the series) and I wish they would bring this game out for the iPad - that's a much better "fit" than all the HOGs they release for it (if I can't see the items on my desktop, how can I see them on the iPad?)

This is a great series, and I will be purchasing this one!

Avalon2
Squid
Squid
73 Posts

[Post New]by Avalon2 on Oct 19, 11 2:46 AM
Another fine addition to the 7 Wonders series -- demo sped by and I am speeding off to buy it now. Have all the others in the series. The characters are really cute. In the earlier games, when you finish a match 3, the little characters start building the structure, climbing all over, hammering and chiseling and it is great fun.

I like the way the characters in this game heave the blocks and plants over their shoulders. Too funny.

Kudos to the developer, again. Was glad to see it was a soft release so no waiting until tomorrow to demo.

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Oct 19, 11 3:45 AM
After a dry episode we are getting finally a new match 3 game. This is pretty good and I like especially, that the game has an untimed mode. For me its a buy

JoyWales
Clownfish
Clownfish
728 Posts

[Post New]by JoyWales on Oct 19, 11 4:18 AM
Great game. It will go one the wishlist definitely. Had played the first 2 ages ago when they came out. Cannot remember where I had got them from so they were not on my laptop, then struck luck by getting a triple pack from another site with saved bonus coins. Am playing my way through Treasures of Seven right now. So great to have this one available for later on. It looks even better gameplay, loved the sculpure level bonus game.

lackoo
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,430 Posts

[Post New]by lackoo on Oct 19, 11 6:21 AM
I will play it for free soon on the other casual gaming website .

PurrrThang
Herring
Herring
394 Posts

[Post New]by PurrrThang on Oct 19, 11 8:03 AM
This is a great game and the demo time sped by. I like the men at the bottom and played on normal and had plenty of time so far. The first time I went to it I didn't understand how to do the upper part but the second time I saw it was a click on groups of three or more. There are lots of things to do and it is interesting and has, I believe, 7 different areas to play. Oh well that would be right as it's called
Wonders lol.

I'm going to put it on my want list. The only problem I have is that I bought another match 3 and after completing it I have had no interest in it and wonder if that would happen with this too. I do have to admit that this is cuter than the other one though. Also hubby was playing it last evening on the laptop so it is still giving family enjoyment. As I said I'll put it on my want list and give it some thought.

The only match 3 that I've played over and over is what is found in Phantasmat but I have to play the actual game to play the match 3. I know that game by heart now.

LizzieK
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,190 Posts

[Post New]by LizzieK on Oct 19, 11 1:04 PM
sinshack wrote:Since "7 Wonders - Treasures of Seven" is my very favorite M3 game (gotta love the board that flips) I had to try this one. I love zen mode, because I hate timers (the only drawback to the earier games in the series) and I wish they would bring this game out for the iPad - that's a much better "fit" than all the HOGs they release for it (if I can't see the items on my desktop, how can I see them on the iPad?)

This is a great series, and I will be purchasing this one!
This game was released for the iPad on October 4, 2011. It doesn't seem to be on BFG but it is available at the Apple store.

mulan1
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by mulan1 on Oct 19, 11 6:04 PM
I just love this series. A must buy for me

gpj53
Guppy
Guppy
141 Posts

[Post New]by gpj53 on Oct 19, 11 9:40 PM
A buy for me also, I have the other three and enjoy playing and replaying them. Others I enjoy replaying are Caribbean Hideaway, Cradles of Rome 1 & 2, Jewel Quests (not the **** ones), Hidden Wonders and my absolute favourites Puzzle Quests - all three of them. I like this one with the little man throwing the bricks around, very funny to watch and the side puzzles aren't too bad either. I've finished the first build and am in the midst of the second. Thank you for pointing out Zen mode which I missed when I first went into game though so far have not even noticed the timer but that'll change no doubt as it gets harder.

puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,182 Posts

[Post New]by puzzledone on Oct 19, 11 10:12 PM
ooooweeee! Mumbo Jumbo has redeemed itself in my book with this one!!

Zen mode untimed (so you can watch the goings on down at the bottom and not lose a beat.)

WIDESCREEN background, no black bars on my l7" laptop. The puzzles themselves are not stretched out of proportion, but the building scenes are so pretty, at least Camelot which I finished in the demo. Loved the landscape greens too, nice touch. Gameplay is flawless but it will take awhile to learn all the powerups.

I say "redeemed" because the first 7 Wonders on timer soured me, I never did get to complete it and was so sick of losing lives and replaying levels I gave up. But I DID love watching the workers, they were so funny. I just couldn't get the hang of the turning board on next 7 one.

So now I can just sit back and leisurely play and watch the show going on.
(I just hope those cornerstones don't tumble down in impossible sides to ever get them down). Of course I was playing the first 7 Wonders on a slow pc with win ME and finally figured out I couldn't win because game moved slow but I think the timer is on real time. Anyway this is a must have for my M3 collection.

Thank you MumJum and . Just needed 1 more SE on my second card, first one filled with DDs. And best is I still have a free coupon from Sept

belamba
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,058 Posts

[Post New]by belamba on Oct 20, 11 7:58 AM
I LOVE this series of M3 games.
Can't believe it's a soft release as so much better than many games released.
Really enjoying it!
Not the longest M3 out there, but there is good replay value at different levels.

[Post New]by star_dust90 on Oct 21, 11 4:48 AM
Love the Zen Mode and i am off to buy this one to complete the series!

[Post New]by quarlesqueen on Oct 21, 11 11:33 AM
I can't believe it ..another WONDERFUL M3 from Mumbo Jumbo, be still my heart, I am now in M3 heaven, so HAPPY !!

FINALLY....an AWESOME M3 that I can really sink my teeth into, and this one is such a HOOT, love the little guys .
Not only is it a M3, but you get to build, plant, make sculptures etc, there is so much to do, which makes this gem totally entertaining and FUN, FUN, FUN .
This is exactly what I ENJOY, when looking for a M3, it has EVERYTHING that I love , all wrapped up, in one game..THANKS developers, great job.
And that is saying a lot, I have tried several M3's, that recently came on the BF site, and they are very few and far inbetween believe me, and didn't care for any of them, and I really needed a new one, so was very let down .
BUT today, the M3 gods, were looking out for me, because I just LOVE this one .
I own EVERY one of the 7 Wonders games, this is a top quality series by MJ, they know how to make a M3 , thanks for making my day .
Also this one has a zen mode that is untimed, THANKS again for adding that very important option, so many more people will buy this very deserving gem, just because it has that option .
Although I like playing in normal mode, its very nice to know there is an untimed option, just in case it gets to hard as you progress, through the levels, I don't think that is going to happen, but its nice to have the security blanket ..lol.
This also has achivements, which I am a huge fan of , they always make you feel good, and who couldn't use a confident booster, I wasn't born with a lot of god given talents , so being good at M3'S and H0G's, is something, at least..lol.
Well I just purchased this gem, so off to go on my Magical Mystery Tour, thanks BF and MJ, for another GREAT addition, to the 7 Wonders series .
If your a M3 fan, this is a MUST BUY, it gets 5 from me, and a and some for the much deserving developers MJ and team .
PLEASE....make more, just like this one, I wouldn't change a thing . .

mirror75
Lobster
Lobster
93 Posts

[Post New]by mirror75 on Oct 22, 11 6:01 PM
Pretty good game. Question though, who do the little workers keep saying "Hey" to and why?

Cultistmum
Guppy
Guppy
162 Posts

[Post New]by Cultistmum on Oct 24, 11 8:20 AM
I love all the 7 Wonders games, but this has been my favourite. Multiple modes so I can play with no timer, relaxed, difficult or insanely hard; achievements (I'm a sucker for trophies); fun monuments to build and the mini-games add just enough variety so I don't get bored. I'm playing through on advanced now, and working for 4 stars on each wonder, having completed it on easy and loved every minute of it. Nice to look at, fun, and suitable for every kind of match 3 player from the slow to the superspeedy.

bootsky
Stingray
Stingray
5,333 Posts

[Post New]by bootsky on Oct 26, 11 12:25 PM
When this was on offer the other day I thought it was the one I just bought a few weeks ago...glad I checked it out today...I now own them ALL & they do not disappoint. Always a little different, those cute characters at the bottom keep you entertained.
Another Excellent game!

[Post New]by NeutrinoBiscuit on Oct 28, 11 6:25 AM
Considering how slow the game runs and is basically unplayable, I am wondering if a refund is in order. And no, it is not my computer. If I can play Crysis 2 on ultra settings then I should be able to play this.

Go to: