Acheivements Thread!

Acheivements Thread!

[Post New]by icewhitetiger on Oct 19, 11 6:24 AM
I thought that anyone who needs help with acheivements and stuff could post here: then we can help one another by saying what the best levels to use are, how to get certain ones, etc.

I've just completed the game (all on expert), so I can try to help in any way I can! But I am missing the following acheivements:

Industrial Evolution
Seeing Stars
Experience Builder
*Building Super-Gold (have 180 building upgrades... in the same level? Each building upgraded once? Does it mean houses or actual production buildings?)
*Who Said This Was A Race? (NO idea how fast you have to be to beat the developers)
*Renewed Subcription (Need best level to get all the magazines)
*Cool Conditions (Best level to make all the ice coolers)
*Big Time Spender (Spend £1million in 3 minutes... how?!)
Tourist Traps
Doctor, Doctor
Virtual Utopia

I really need to know levels that you can achieve certain things on, as well as strategies to get the developers time and spending goals. Any help would be gladly appreciated! I'll help back in any way I can!

RLM3
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

Re:Acheivements Thread!

[Post New]by RLM3 on Oct 19, 11 9:46 AM
Interesting idea. I have also finished all the levels, and have been wishing for more, although some of them were extremely hard to do. How do you find out the developers time to beat?

Some of the ones I don't have could be done easily by going over the time frames for expert, but I have no idea on some of the others.

[Post New]by ashlee9x on Oct 19, 11 12:34 PM
I have problems with two acheivements:

1) to spend 1 million in 3 minutes - I don't now how to do it, the most expensive building is the museum, it costs almost 10,000 so you'd have to actually build 100 of them in 3 minutes...HOW?

2) play 5 levels for 5 minutes - each level for 5 minutes or what? in a row or not? Because even if so I did play longer than 5 minutes and can't get that acheivement...

somebody can help?

[Post New]by icewhitetiger on Oct 19, 11 1:04 PM
Hey dude!

2) I found that I had to play for 5 minutes longer on levels - from when you actually complete the level. So when it gives you the option to either go onto the next level or continue playing, you choose the latter.

You have pretty much nothing to do for it - I ended doing a puzzle book just waiting - but I got it after 5 levels. Don't think I did them consecutively, either...

[Post New]by ashlee9x on Oct 20, 11 4:37 AM
Oooh that makes sense, I didn't think of that lol. Thanks!!

Sunbreak
Guppy
Guppy
108 Posts

[Post New]by Sunbreak on Oct 20, 11 9:35 AM
Your post here inspired me to look again at the achievements and a new profile to work them from.
In going for the five over five, these sort of become sandbox scenarios providing you are willing to do them once for score (gold) and again for the achievement.
This is how I plan to accumulate the 1 mill to try and spend it.
I accidentally just recieved the "building super silver" award,. while this is only half of what you need for the building super gold it gives me a hint as to what I need to do.
I got this one for mad upgrades at the bus stops.
for the spending spree, I suspect that is going to require made upgrades too with blocks of big apartment buildings being built around an island of dumpster and bus station set up to be upgraded but not upgraded till the push to spend the money.
Its a theory in progress, will let you know how I make out.
This really is one of the most fun games to play

[Post New]by Chandos2 on Oct 24, 11 9:22 PM
RLM3 wrote:How do you find out the developers time to beat?

I got this achievement when i finished playing all all of the levels in the game without even getting all in expert times. I think the idea here is to finish from start to finish as fast as you can. My time after finishing was around the 10 hour mark. (Seen in the hall of fame from main menu). If its not this, I presume its a total of the fastest times for all of the levels..

Edited on 10/24/2011 at 9:24:29 PM PST

[Post New]by Chandos2 on Oct 25, 11 8:07 PM
Sunbreak wrote:I suspect that is going to require made upgrades too with blocks of big apartment buildings being built around an island of dumpster and bus station set up to be upgraded but not upgraded till the push to spend the money.
Its a theory in progress, will let you know how I make out.

I tried this tactic twice. Spent 1.1 million in under 1 minute by upgrading large houses via bust stops.., I did -not- get the award. Very frustrating. How did you manage? Anyone else got this one? This one and 'Seeing Stars' is the last two I need.

Acheivements

[Post New]by Chandos2 on Oct 25, 11 8:30 PM
Here's a few things I did for achievements and the levels I used in (#-#):

Appliance Alliance - (3-6) Build a new one of all in the appliance chain. Upgrade to 3* for 'Seeing Stars' award.
Building Super Gold - (4-7) Upgrade many houses (While i was attempting Big-Time Spender)
Built on Fun - Build Shopping Mall, Theatre, restaurant, Club, Fitness Centre, Stadium and Museum.
Cool Conditions - (3-6) Build a new one of all in the ice coolers chain. Upgrade to 3* for 'Seeing Stars' award.
Cosmetic Construction - (3-9) Build a new one of all in the cosmetics chain. Upgrade to 3* for 'Seeing Stars' award.
Experience Builder - Self explanatory
Full Wardrobe - (3-13) Build a new one of all in the clothing chain. Upgrade to 3* for 'Seeing Stars' award.
Fully decorated - (4-13) Build a new one of all in the furniture chain. Upgrade to 3* for 'Seeing Stars' award.
Green Thumb (Bronze-Platinum) - Fill cells with trees. trick here is to completely fill the cell until you cannot plant any more trees(5 clicks i think) Annoying for platinum, as this means 5000 clicks in total.
Hell in a hand basket - Any level 4 level was easy.
Just Desserts - (4-9) Build a new one of all in the pies chain. Upgrade to 3* for 'Seeing Stars' award.
MASS-ive transit - Build all of the ariports, train stations, ferry terminals, etc in those levels that have them.
Moster Garage - Upgrade garage to top level and buy as many vehicles as you can - 5 different levels.
Not just made in Detroit - (4-11) Build a new one of all in the automobile chain. Upgrade to 3* for 'Seeing Stars' award.
Renewed Subscription - (2-7) Build a new one of all in the magazines chain. Upgrade to 3* for 'Seeing Stars' award.
The word for today is 'JOB' - (4-7) Build the 3 types of job buildings from scratch to 3*
Tourist traps - (4-7) Build the 3 types of tourist buildings from scratch to 3*
Under Destruction & Road to Success (Bronze-Platinum) - Build road and then destroy it, 500 times.
Visitors Welcome! - (4-7) Lots of houses and buses to lots of hotels.
Who said this was a race - Finish all levels fast, My total time was 10:43 hours, shown in the 'Hall of Fame' on main menu screen.

Edited on 10/26/2011 at 2:58:19 PM PST

RLM3
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by RLM3 on Oct 26, 11 2:41 PM
Really great ideas from everyone. Thank you all.

Seeing Stars - Industry Upgrades

[Post New]by Chandos2 on Oct 26, 11 2:46 PM
Here's the list of 42 industry buildings and the levels for the harder to find ones.

air cooler factory
appliance factory
auto body factory
bakery
boat chasis factory (2-3)
cable car factory (1-10)
car factory
clothing factory
cosmetics factory
cotton farm
dairy farm
engine factory (2-7)
extract factory
fabric factory
furniture factory
glass factory (4-13)
gold plant
grain farm
ice blocks factory (3-1)
lamp factory (4-13)
lube oil factory (2-7)
microchip factory
mill
oil derrick
paint factory
paper factory
plastic factory
polyester factory
powerboat factory (2-13)
printing factory
quarz sand factory (4-13)
recycling plant
sawmill
ski lift factory (1-14)
ski lift tower factory (1-12)
slot machine case factory (4-1)
slot machine factory (4-13)
steel cable factory (1-8)
steel mill
tire factory
water well (3-1)
wool farm

I only have BIg Time Spender to go, will have another crack at it. Anyone have any ideas?

Edited on 10/26/2011 at 2:59:51 PM PST

[Post New]by icewhitetiger on Nov 2, 11 7:08 PM
Hey guys!

I have 4 trophies left - the beating the developers (I'm going through the levels again; I'm only in the second state and shaved half an hour off so far down to 11:29:18), 3 stars on all industrials (4 more to go, no idea which ones), hey big spender and the gather all trophies.

STILL no idea on the big spender - I've tried upgrading my houses and, although you can spend £1million easily in under 3 minutes that way, it doesn't unlock anything. Any ideas? I can only think that you need to buy a hell of a lot of museums, but then what level in the game gives you both the chance to earn £1million to spend AND the landspace to place all the buildings?

All help appreciated! Still available for questions

[Post New]by ziereis on Nov 3, 11 3:10 PM
I´m very frustrated with the Big-Time Spender achievement. I´ve tried two or three times without results. I´ll continue trying but have no idea of what I´m supposed to do to earn this medal.

[Post New]by GamerPop on Nov 4, 11 3:46 AM
I'm sure those of you that have succeeded to spend a million in 3 minutes probably went over the amount needed. But, just a thought on the Big Spender achievement.

I purchased the game from the developer. The gold plant is called Goldenlage. The developers are headquartered in Sweden. There are also offices in the Russian Federation, Ukraine and the USA.

My game says $1,000,000. for the Big-Spender Achievement. I am playing as if it is USD. But, what if, for just this one award it is really another currency?

I don't know how valid this is - just found a web site to do it but...

1,000,000 USA $ = 1,012,699 Canadian $
1,000,000 Euros = 1,377,299 USA $
1,000,000 Swedish Krona = 109,280 Euros (Hmmm, guess it's not Euros they want.)

Please do not use the above conversion rates for investing or buying anything!

[Post New]by ziereis on Nov 7, 11 5:11 AM
I´ve tried to spend 1 million in less than a minute and no trophy. I´m thinking this is simply impossible.

bowlmn
Squid
Squid
63 Posts

[Post New]by bowlmn on Nov 10, 12 8:38 PM
I managed to get the BIG SPENDER using the large house upgrade method using bus stop. But I had to spend about 1.5m. Hope this helps.

Edited on 11/10/2012 at 8:39:53 PM PST

ricoblade
Catfish
Catfish
1,657 Posts

[Post New]by ricoblade on Nov 13, 12 5:33 AM
Hi all - I just managed to get Big Spender on Level 4-7, Nevada Washoe City.

I built 4 housing estates of Large Houses and then let the level run itself (with Tech Stations , Fire Stations and 4 3* Dump Trucks so no events would interrupt it) until I had $1.5M in the bank then just fully upgraded all the houses. I also got the Building Super Gold for 180 upgrades on a level :-)

Now off to do the remaining 6 I've got to do, great thread!

Seeing Stars - Industry Upgrades

[Post New]by toastkid on Jan 21, 13 5:56 AM
Chandos2 wrote:Here's the list of 42 industry buildings and the levels for the harder to find ones.

I only have BIg Time Spender to go, will have another crack at it. Anyone have any ideas?

That's a very useful list, thanks! I think I've just got one in the magazine chain to go.

Re Big Spender - like a few others on this thread i did this by building loads of large houses around bus stops and then upgrading them. A few things i noted:

- total upgrade cost (not including the inital build cost) for a large house is about 9k

- i'm not sure how much i spent but i think it *was* more than a million. I started with about 1.5 million and had a pretty big daily income so it's hard to tell exactly. I would plan to spend 1.5 million to be on the safe side, which means upgrading around 160 houses.

- if any of the houses around the bus stop need garbage collecting it will block the entire upgrade, until you've hit the "bin" icon and waited for the bar to fill up. This almost screwed me as i had loads of houses with full bins due to building lots of them off-road to pack as many around the bus stop as possible: i managed to frantically clear them all and upgrade just in time i think. So, i'd advise making sure all of your houses are on a road and have adequate garbage collection, from dumpsters.

- in order to make space for so many houses, i cleared all my factories and just had buses going from bus stops to theatres, health clubs etc, to save enough money. This is good as you can make money as you build up your blocks of large houses waiting to be upgraded. I can't remember what level i used but it was one of the larger nevada ones, that had loads of clear space on it.

[Post New]by toastkid on Jan 21, 13 6:03 AM
Love this game btw! I finished it, got all golds, then re-played the first one (Virtual City, that is) and got all golds on that, which i hadn't done first time round. Then i got all the Virtual City 1 achievements, then set out to get all the Virtual City 2 achievements. When i saw the one about beating the dev times i was pleased as it gave me a reason (excuse) to play through all the VC2 levels *again* to try to get faster times. I'll be very pleased, and then bereft, when i finally do it.

Roll on VC3, is this in production Big Fish?

Edited on 01/21/2013 at 6:04:26 AM PST

cat52
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,169 Posts

[Post New]by cat52 on Apr 7, 13 7:49 AM
wanna know what's frustrating? i got all the build-everything-in-the-chain achievements but, somehow, I missed ONE of the 42 third-star upgrades, and no idea which one cos I swear I did'em all...so now have to replay a bunch to find that one lousy one I missed. Shoot me now.

Go to: