biomix
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,854 Posts

Comments for 7 Wonders: Magical Mystery Tour

[Post New]by biomix on Oct 19, 11 12:58 PM
This is comment not a review.

Thanks so very much to Big Fish and the ever so talented developers for this beautiful and varied game.

We desperately needed a good Match 3 game to come along. It is absolutely beautiful and fun and I am just loving it. Well back to the game !!!

SuzanneB
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

Re:Comments for 7 Wonders: Magical Mystery Tour

[Post New]by SuzanneB on Oct 20, 11 5:56 AM
It's good it's nice it's well done and on and on but why are match games so small? There's so much screen space and yet the actually area with the game play is average. One day they might just make a match 3 game which is FULL SCREEN. Now that will be worth paying for.

moonlightgrey
Flounder
Flounder
2,076 Posts

[Post New]by moonlightgrey on Oct 20, 11 6:12 AM
There are lots of them. Try Treasures of Montezuma I, II, III. Too fast?

Try Pantheon.

[Post New]by Cristina_mar on Oct 23, 11 4:40 PM
A really nice game which is not very difficult, at last!!!! Nice graphics and sounds!

puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,182 Posts

[Post New]by puzzledone on Oct 23, 11 5:01 PM
Have you tried Paradise Quest or the follow up Vesuvia? The M3 puzzles may not cover the wholscreen at first, but as you progress they become bigger and I mean during play, whole new portions of the island grow like apendages to explore. It is a moving screen but only when you move it by making matches in that direction.

Ii bought this 7 Wonders because it does fill my 17" wide laptop for a change. Yes the puzzle grids are on the small or normal size but the backgrounds and between levels building with the block you got are quite beautifully wide.

For me, it takes long enough to reach the point you get the keystone to appear so I don't think I'd want the puzzles to be any bigger. You do get a variety of shapes.

[Post New]by Cristina_mar on Oct 25, 11 3:54 PM
And does anybody know what do they mean with "city of caesars"? It should be in Rome and not in Southamerica!

Floraws
Guppy
Guppy
101 Posts

[Post New]by Floraws on Oct 27, 11 4:49 PM
Hahaha, Cristina... It certainly is a mistake of the developers. City of Caesars, indeed...

GillyAlice
Lobster
Lobster
81 Posts

[Post New]by GillyAlice on Oct 31, 11 4:11 PM
I liked this game but I finished it in an evening. I think it is too short!

BearKat
Stingray
Stingray
4,860 Posts

[Post New]by BearKat on Nov 1, 11 3:20 PM
Cristina_mar wrote:And does anybody know what do they mean with "city of caesars"? It should be in Rome and not in Southamerica!

Well, being the curious sort and noting in the synopsis of the game the name El Dorado, I looked it up. City of Caesars tranlated is "Cuidad de Los Ceasares" and is also known as City of Patagonia, Wandering City, Trapalanda (or Trapanada), Lin Lin and Elelin. It is a mythical city of South America supposedly located somewhere in Patagonia, in some valley of the Andes between Chile and Argentina. According to what I read despite being searched for during the colonization of South America no evidence proves it ever existed. There is a lot more and links to other names connected with it if you "search" City of Caesars/South America including the also mythical city of El Dorado. Well, now to get back to this great game which I am thoroughly enjoying!!
Happy Gaming All
BK

MEnr56
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,984 Posts

[Post New]by MEnr56 on Nov 1, 11 7:11 PM
Cristina_mar wrote:A really nice game which is not very difficult, at last!!!! Nice graphics and sounds!

I actually completed the whole game in TIMED mode; for me, that's a miracle

There was 1 level where I ALMOST timed out but my power-up filled up and I grabbed it and got the stone out off the board just in the nick of time.

I have to say that this game was VERY enjoyable but I am disappointed that I was not able to figure out the City of Caesars mine with the 3 orange tiles and ended up having to skip it but other than that, wowee -- I FINISHED THE GAME IN TIME MODE!!!!

MEnr56

Edited on 11/03/2011 at 9:20:10 AM PST

[Post New]by Cristina_mar on Nov 2, 11 4:53 PM
BearKat wrote:
Cristina_mar wrote:And does anybody know what do they mean with "city of caesars"? It should be in Rome and not in Southamerica!

Well, being the curious sort and noting in the synopsis of the game the name El Dorado, I looked it up. City of Caesars tranlated is "Cuidad de Los Ceasares" and is also known as City of Patagonia, Wandering City, Trapalanda (or Trapanada), Lin Lin and Elelin. It is a mythical city of South America supposedly located somewhere in Patagonia, in some valley of the Andes between Chile and Argentina. According to what I read despite being searched for during the colonization of South America no evidence proves it ever existed. There is a lot more and links to other names connected with it if you "search" City of Caesars/South America including the also mythical city of El Dorado. Well, now to get back to this great game which I am thoroughly enjoying!!
Happy Gaming All
BK

Thank you, BearKat!!!!

MEnr56
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,984 Posts

[Post New]by MEnr56 on Nov 3, 11 9:00 AM
BearKat wrote:

Happy Gaming All BK

How very interesting; I've heard of Patagonia but I've never heard it referenced before as being the City of Caesars. Thanks for the education; it's always nice to learn something new

MEnr56

BearKat
Stingray
Stingray
4,860 Posts

[Post New]by BearKat on Nov 19, 11 1:11 PM
@ Cristina_mar &
MEnr56
You are both very welcome! It was my pleasure.
Happy Gaming
BK

laraly
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
428 Posts

[Post New]by laraly on Dec 18, 11 11:13 AM
Very cute and cheerful game, I hadn't play this type of games in a while, I am usually on Hid Obj and strategy games, but I am really enjoying it, I chose the normal options, so it's timed, and so far I have reached already a few achviements, really rewarding, and i love to built the sites as the game goes on, good job Mumbo Jumbo!! Holydays greetings!

crowtrobot
Herring
Herring
318 Posts

[Post New]by crowtrobot on May 21, 12 8:26 PM
I have played this game a number of times, all but the first time in timed mode (1st time in Zen mode). This time I watched as the finished location added its gold, and I realized with each one that the gold looks tacky. It doesn't look like it's actually there and it looks like an afterthought, and it isn't even in places where you would think they would put gold on the buildings. It doesn't add a thing to the look of the location itself. I like the fact that you can look at your finished location as long as you like (compared to 7 Wonders 2 where they gave you only a few seconds), but the gold I can do wtihout. And although the statues are nice looking, I noticed in Shangrila that they didn't look like they were actually there either.

Think I'll either keep playing in Zen mode or just not get all the keys. Maybe you can just not put the gold and statues down; I'll try that too.

Otherwise I love the game. I didn't even realize there was a gold/statue option when I first played in Zen mode. Then I read the reviews and so played in timed mode to see what I was missing. I don't think I was missing much.

Maybe if there is a future game they will improve the gold. Or leave off the gold and put some people walking around. I think that would have been better.

Go to: