cleoladycat
Manatee
Manatee
3,734 Posts

Todays DD 20 October 11 Comments and reviews.

[Post New]by cleoladycat on Oct 20, 11 12:04 AM
Any comments fishes?
Another one I can buy for the cause and maybe it means Part 2 is on its way.
Thank you
Cleo
Edited to say the gremlims are in today

Edited on 10/20/2011 at 12:06:22 AM PST

Re:Todays DD 20 October 11 Comments and reviews.

[Post New]by dobbiemijnboekje on Oct 20, 11 12:09 AM
I found this game great! A lot of puzzles. And it has a romance.
I hope the sequel coming soon.

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Oct 20, 11 12:16 AM
Hi there,
This is an excellent game - though you might need to be warned that some of the items you need to find require a lot of patience and perseverance (or use of the Hint Button LOL) to find as they can be either extremely small or very well-blended.
That said, this is an excellent and most enjoyable game.
A lot of us also wish that the appearance of this game as a DD would maybe indicate that the sequel might be available some time soon - we seem to have been waiting for ages!!
As usual, I would recommend that you give the trial a go before you purchase to ensure that it plays OK on your system (I had no problems on a relatively new laptop running Vista).
Cheers

LadyDream
Clownfish
Clownfish
515 Posts

[Post New]by LadyDream on Oct 20, 11 12:28 AM
Well I'm downloading the demo as I type, but after reading the reviews, I'm not going to bother, I'm just going to buy it. For several reasons:

People are writing great wonderful things about it and being upset when they think there won't be a second one for them to buy.

The developers actually cared enough to post in our forums that yes, the sequel WILL be coming out soon.

It is based on a book and people are talking about how much they enjoy the story, even though they usually don't like mushy stuff. While I don't read strictly romance novels (I like them with a mystery or fantasy) it seems I'm a sucker for romance games. And I adore games with a decent storyline. I've even bought games I wasn't that wild about just so I could finish the story.

So it's a sale for me, right out of the chute. Plus how can I resist any thing with tiger in the name?

puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,182 Posts

[Post New]by puzzledone on Oct 20, 11 12:31 AM
When I first played this it was a struggle on a then 15" laptop. Meaning, a lot of very small objects, a lot of hints, maybe a WT too. Mainly the early Chinese street shops for items. But the story did suck me in, and the "romance" was a bit on the steamy side.

I remember it being long, or taking ME a long time but enjoyed it to the end even if kinda kinky, not our usual fare. It ends leaving the suggestion of a sequel. This story did have an end, you aren't left hanging.

However I did read an article awhile back on a games newsletter that there would not be a sequel. I think it was due to budget, finances. You can probably read about it on the dev's site. But dont let disappointment re a sequel turn you off, it's still a fun game and maybe there will be one and I'm passing on old news.

So play on...

ps I did make my 6 punch DD challenge today for the cause, so can't buy this one anyway, it's in my History.

hippyfishie
Minnow
Minnow
295 Posts

[Post New]by hippyfishie on Oct 20, 11 12:42 AM
I have owned this game as soon as it came out and it is the only one I go back to and play. It is set in the Far East and it is full of puzzles and it is an adventure and a strange love story-sort of a beauty and the beast in ancient times with a bit of magic thrown in.
I have been patiently waiting for the sequel. I will say it is not like the typical adventure or puzzle game. It has a wonderful story and it is spoken (if memory serves me correct).
You have to really look at the environment and you will be tricked but you will want to go back and play it again.
Its for a great cause and its a bargain price. Don't let this one get by you!

I highly recommend it. Took me a long time to finish. It can be difficult but the story keeps you coming back. I loved it.

Just my humble opinion.

Kudos, BF for offering this great selection of DD's for Breast Cancer. God Bless you and everyone who contributed.

LadyDream
Clownfish
Clownfish
515 Posts

[Post New]by LadyDream on Oct 20, 11 12:50 AM
Nope there is definitely a sequel. The developer posted here, and they have a page on facebook where you can see screen shots. I think there was something about the company changing hands and things had to be sorted out, but the game was such a hit they are well into making the sequel. Which is great for me, because Drawn 3 CE came out today and I need distractions to keep me going until it's a SE, LOL

LittleFish884
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,181 Posts

[Post New]by LittleFish884 on Oct 20, 11 1:26 AM
Yep, according to their Facebook page the sequel is called Tiger Eye: The Sacrifice. & beta testing begins Monday, Oct 31.

LovetoMissLisa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,823 Posts

[Post New]by LovetoMissLisa on Oct 20, 11 1:31 AM
Once again another good DD. I like this game alot. Although, some of the objects can be very hard to find. It's still a great game. Read there is suppose to be a sequel released sometime in 2011, I sure hope so, because this is a good one. It's a great deal.

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Oct 20, 11 1:42 AM
LadyDream wrote:Nope there is definitely a sequel. The developer posted here, and they have a page on facebook where you can see screen shots. I think there was something about the company changing hands and things had to be sorted out, but the game was such a hit they are well into making the sequel. Which is great for me, because Drawn 3 CE came out today and I need distractions to keep me going until it's a SE, LOL

Oh, that is great news (thank-you also for the input LittleFish).
I am not a fan of FB - but I see it has been useful regarding this!!
Now, how can I wait till November??? LOL
Cheers

BearKat
Stingray
Stingray
4,860 Posts

[Post New]by BearKat on Oct 20, 11 2:05 AM
I wish like LadyDream I had just gone ahead and bought it !! Then I would not have had to MAKE myself stop playing to come and buy it. But I learned the hard way to make SURE a game plays on my pc before I plunk the money down.
This game just has it all for me . I am only glad that I got it today and not months ago, so I will not have to wait as long for the sequel.Just started playing it (and will only stop to take care of necessities until I finish it ) and already I am looking forward to the next one. I believe it will have a very large digital footprint to fill. Thanks to all who posted the great reviews for this game and I agree with every one of you! WTG you have given us some great games this month to benefit an even greater cause! Kudos Devs for this outstanding game! Sequel out soon please! And of course, now I will have to read the book too.
Happy Gaming All

LittleFish884
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,181 Posts

[Post New]by LittleFish884 on Oct 20, 11 3:11 AM
DragonLadyOz wrote:.....Oh, that is great news (thank-you also for the input LittleFish). I am not a fan of FB - but I see it has been useful regarding this!!
Now, how can I wait till November??? LOL
Cheers

Me either - a fan of Facebook that is, but I went & had a look at their website & Facebook page after reading that other thread in the forum.

I ended up buying this, straight H0G aren't usually my thing, but there is enough interaction & other puzzles to keep me interested. I also must admit I want to see what happens with the story LOL

For some reason it labours my laptop a bit, the fan is running continuously, but I will play in short increments so I can get it finished.

jkuci
Flounder
Flounder
2,447 Posts

[Post New]by jkuci on Oct 20, 11 3:35 AM

I already have this - bought it as soon as it came out originally and have replayed it several times.

It has very nice music, good voices and alot of puzzles.

sandebeach
Shark
Shark
10,388 Posts

[Post New]by sandebeach on Oct 20, 11 3:58 AM
Thanks for the good reviews and the comments on the upcoming sequel, I am DL'ng the game right now and intend to buy. I have almost completed my extra DD punchcard for this month, this is a great cause and I applaud for donating to breast cancer research. But I knew that I had to buy this game as soon as I saw that BFG posted a special note in the game description re warning "Romantic theme". That cracked me up and hooked me in right away!

stellmac
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by stellmac on Oct 20, 11 5:43 AM
Although I read the game reviews in the forums, I don't often comment myself but this is such a good game I felt I had to. Bought it this morning and just want to keep on playing. Give it a go, you won't regret it!

joyce2121
Manatee
Manatee
4,490 Posts

[Post New]by joyce2121 on Oct 20, 11 6:17 AM
I very seldom replay a game, but I did this one!

If you don't own it, definitely give it a try even if
you think you don't like romance games. This is
just so much more.

Game doesn't need a Part 2 to feel complete, but
I will certainly be buying it when it is released.

jkuci
Flounder
Flounder
2,447 Posts

[Post New]by jkuci on Oct 20, 11 6:53 AM
sandebeach wrote:Thanks for the good reviews and the comments on the upcoming sequel, I am DL'ng the game right now and intend to buy. I have almost completed my extra DD punchcard for this month, this is a great cause and I applaud for donating to breast cancer research. But I knew that I had to buy this game as soon as I saw that BFG posted a special note in the game description re warning "Romantic theme". That cracked me up and hooked me in right away!

I think what they really meant is that its sexy!

jill165x
Guppy
Guppy
195 Posts

[Post New]by jill165x on Oct 20, 11 7:31 AM
I bought this awhile ago and really liked it. The game play was fun and the romantic aspect cracked me up. Part 2 will be a buy for me, when it finally comes out.

Euskalduna
Stingray
Stingray
5,991 Posts

[Post New]by Euskalduna on Oct 20, 11 7:36 AM
Is this the game where some guy says: "I've come to pleasure your body?". Because if it is, OMG, not for all the gold in the world., even if it is for a good cause.

AnnBy
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,653 Posts

[Post New]by AnnBy on Oct 20, 11 7:44 AM
This is a great game with good puzzles. I played a tiny bit of the 2nd part at the Workshop and am looking foward to part 2 being released.

Go to: