bfgFlounder
Moderator
Moderator
12,864 Posts

Post any Mystery Legends: Beauty and the Beast technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Oct 21, 11 12:12 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

*Please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

Edited on 03/05/2017 at 5:07:24 PM PST


 
sophish48
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

Re:Post any Mystery Legends: Beauty and the Beast technical issues here only

[Post New]by sophish48 on Oct 21, 11 10:53 AM
Have just dl the trial with a view to buying as I loved 'Phantom' & I'm still having issues as it minimises straightaway. Am still waiting for tech support to get back to me on the fact I can't play many of my games but have not had much feedback since uninstalling & reinstalling the GM & that didn't work. Could someone please help as I am ready to throw in the towel at this point..

 
unicornone
Guppy
Guppy
133 Posts

Re:Post any Mystery Legends: Beauty and the Beast technical issues here only

[Post New]by unicornone on Oct 21, 11 1:06 PM
No cursor control... another wasted download

 
bunnydog
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,878 Posts

Re:Post any Mystery Legends: Beauty and the Beast technical issues here only

[Post New]by bunnydog on Oct 21, 11 7:54 PM
I'm running Vista on my pc and have load of available space. I wanted to demo Mystery Legends: Beauty and the Beast to make sure it would run on my computer and that things weren't too small or dark. I downloaded the game, which seemed to take forever. It finally went to validating/installing but never got past 20%. I finally ended up closing game manager. I then tried downloading Awakening: The Goblin Kingdom and the same thing happened. I decided to call it quits, but then noticed both icons on my desktop. I was briefly happy, thinking that I could now try the games. However, both gave me the message that my trial was over and invited me to buy the games. I didn't even get a minute of play time with either of them!!! Has this happened to anyone else? Being the start of the weekend, I am not going to bother contacting support. What is really strange is that last night I was able to demo three different games without any problems. Maybe some "goblins" have invaded my computer??? Bunnydog

 
stc1
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
3 Posts

Re:Post any Mystery Legends: Beauty and the Beast technical issues here only

[Post New]by stc1 on Oct 22, 11 7:08 AM
Cursor control a big problem. Can't play the game like this.

 
bunnydog
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,878 Posts

Re:Post any Mystery Legends: Beauty and the Beast technical issues here only

[Post New]by bunnydog on Oct 22, 11 8:26 PM
bunnydog wrote:I'm running Vista on my pc and have load of available space. I wanted to demo Mystery Legends: Beauty and the Beast to make sure it would run on my computer and that things weren't too small or dark. I downloaded the game, which seemed to take forever. It finally went to validating/installing but never got past 20%. I finally ended up closing game manager. I then tried downloading Awakening: The Goblin Kingdom and the same thing happened. I decided to call it quits, but then noticed both icons on my desktop. I was briefly happy, thinking that I could now try the games. However, both gave me the message that my trial was over and invited me to buy the games. I didn't even get a minute of play time with either of them!!! Has this happened to anyone else? Being the start of the weekend, I am not going to bother contacting support. What is really strange is that last night I was able to demo three different games without any problems. Maybe some "goblins" have invaded my computer??? Bunnydog


Update: I searched the forums and found the suggestion of deleting the program and re-installing it. I knew that could be done when a person was having trouble while playing a game, but never thought it would solve my problem. I went ahead and tried, and the game was able to download so that I could play the demo. It was as if the "trial expired" message hadn't existed. Played for nearly 45 minutes before deciding to buy the game. Sure hope I don't run into any other problems!

 
Darla1108
Starfish
Starfish
54 Posts

Re:Post any Mystery Legends: Beauty and the Beast technical issues here only

[Post New]by Darla1108 on Oct 23, 11 10:30 AM
I am having trouble with this game. It went to a certain point, prior to getting the first shard, and then the game froze. I had to ctrl-alt-del to get out of the game, then when I went back into the game, I had to restart my profile all over again. I restarted the game and was able to play past the point that it had previously froze. This time I was able to get the first shard and continue to play to the point of getting the second shard. Then the game froze again. I had to ctrl-alt-del to get out again. And again when I restarted the game, it had lost my profile again. Anyone else having this problem?

 

Re:Post any Mystery Legends: Beauty and the Beast technical issues here only

[Post New]by growerlade on Oct 26, 11 6:19 AM
the game keeps locking up. I have to shut off the computer and restart. I've downloaded the newest driver updates but still locks up. I'm done I'm sending to the trash bin

 
grandmab3248
Herring
Herring
342 Posts

Re:Post any Mystery Legends: Beauty and the Beast technical issues here only

[Post New]by grandmab3248 on Oct 27, 11 8:56 PM
I can't believe I got all the way to the end of the game only to have a glitch now. I cannot get the close up of the spider to happen so that I can collect the venom and then give the beast the soul shard. UGH!!!!!

 

Re:Post any Mystery Legends: Beauty and the Beast technical issues here only

[Post New]by chula310 on Oct 28, 11 5:52 PM
no cursor control at all, took a while to down load. Did not see an option to use regular cursor.

 
lovely62
Clownfish
Clownfish
731 Posts

Re:Post any Mystery Legends: Beauty and the Beast technical issues here only

[Post New]by lovely62 on Oct 31, 11 7:13 AM
I am having a problem, the game has a lot of lag, so I wait and then it let's me continue,,I don't understand why games are not beta tested better then what they are, I will try to uninstall the game once again, When i buy a game I expect it to work so many games that are put out lately has bugs..

 

Re:Post any Mystery Legends: Beauty and the Beast technical issues here only

[Post New]by Thunderboult on Nov 25, 11 5:56 PM
I have a Macbook OS X 10.5.8, downloaded the trial version of this game and cannot play at all. It won't even launch. Tried uninstalling and re-downloaded, but still the same. Very wary of a game I can't get into initially. Came to the forum and saw that there have been many technical problems for those who were able to access the game, so I see a major "red light" flashing. Won't bother to pursue. Game is going into the trash. Disappointed as I have "Phantom" and really like that game!

 
Mac_too
Starfish
Starfish
46 Posts

Re:Post any Mystery Legends: Beauty and the Beast technical issues here only

[Post New]by Mac_too on Nov 26, 11 8:16 AM
Thunderboult wrote:I have a Macbook OS X 10.5.8, downloaded the trial version of this game and cannot play at all. It won't even launch. Tried uninstalling and re-downloaded, but still the same. Very wary of a game I can't get into initially. Came to the forum and saw that there have been many technical problems for those who were able to access the game, so I see a major "red light" flashing. Won't bother to pursue. Game is going into the trash. Disappointed as I have "Phantom" and really like that game!


Same problem here on my Mac. Won't launch at all.

 

Re:Post any Mystery Legends: Beauty and the Beast technical issues here only

[Post New]by elvenemo on Nov 26, 11 9:00 AM
Same problem here (also have a mac), I've tried both the collectors and regular editions and the farthest I get is a black screen and a custom curser before it kicks me off. I'm looking forward to trying the game and I hope I can get it to work soon!

 

Post any Mystery Legends: Beauty and the Beast technical issues here only

[Post New]by hodgepodgespv on Nov 28, 11 3:25 AM
I have a mac pro running lion. i get as far as the pixie in front of the city gate. i click on her, she leaves NO POT. i click on her shadow and all she does is giggle and disappears. i have tried this 3 different times. i'm stopping now until you guys get in later today. i was really loving the game until this point because i can't go on to another path until i get the pot! i know you can help me!

 
SeverineSnape
Stingray
Stingray
5,357 Posts

Post any Mystery Legends: Beauty and the Beast technical issues here only

[Post New]by SeverineSnape on Nov 29, 11 4:25 AM
hodgepodgespv wrote:I have a mac pro running lion. i get as far as the pixie in front of the city gate. i click on her, she leaves NO POT. i click on her shadow and all she does is giggle and disappears. i have tried this 3 different times. i'm stopping now until you guys get in later today. i was really loving the game until this point because i can't go on to another path until i get the pot! i know you can help me!
You need to find the pixie 3 times - each time she giggles and disappears and you have to find her shadow and click on it. Third time she leaves you the pot.

 

Re:Post any Mystery Legends: Beauty and the Beast technical issues here only

[Post New]by wildmage141 on Dec 1, 11 7:05 PM
elvenemo wrote:Same problem here (also have a mac), I've tried both the collectors and regular editions and the farthest I get is a black screen and a custom curser before it kicks me off. I'm looking forward to trying the game and I hope I can get it to work soon!


Precisely the same problem as me. I'm quite sad since I was really looking forward to the game.

 
jdelbove
Minnow
Minnow
266 Posts

Post any Mystery Legends: Beauty and the Beast technical issues here only

[Post New]by jdelbove on Dec 2, 11 10:09 AM
bfgFlounder wrote:If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our <a href=http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/home>Help pages</a>. Using our <a href=http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/home>Help pages</a> is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

<a href="http://bigfishgames.com/help/index.html?rn=166">Frequent Crashing of Game</a>
<a href="http://bigfishgames.com/help/index.html?rn=438">Game Compatibility</a>

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our <a href=http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/home>Help pages</a>, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our <a href=http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/home>Help pages</a>.

*Please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

 
jdelbove
Minnow
Minnow
266 Posts

Re:Post any Mystery Legends: Beauty and the Beast technical issues here only

[Post New]by jdelbove on Dec 2, 11 10:13 AM
I am stuck at the toy store and need the last gear. I have come back to and tried 5x to swap the toys in the toy case but can't. Nothing is clickable,swap-able or works in it. Any suggestions on what I should do next? Please don't tell me I have to start all over again.

Thanks.....JoAnne

 
bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

Re:Post any Mystery Legends: Beauty and the Beast technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Dec 2, 11 10:42 AM
Hello everyone,

If you are having troubles with the game minimizing, freezing or cannot control the cursor, please take a look at the following help article for some troubleshooting steps that might help:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If these steps don't help, please get in touch with Tech Support[o/b] that our reps can take a look at the issue and help you individually.

For those playing the game on a Mac, please write in to [b]Tech Support
with a Dr. Felix report. We're currently trying to collect more information on why the game isn't launching correctly and would really appreciate your help. Thank you!

Hope this helps everyone.

-bfgArnoStyx

 
 
 
 
Go to: