textrekkie
Shark
Shark
13,265 Posts

Comments for Committed: Mystery at Shady Pines

[Post New]by textrekkie on Oct 22, 11 4:59 AM
A place for your comments about Committed: Mystery at Shady Pines.

care___916
Clownfish
Clownfish
988 Posts

Re:Comments for Committed: Mystery at Shady Pines

[Post New]by care___916 on Oct 22, 11 6:26 AM
Liked the storyline. Graphics looked good but a little grainy for me. Graphics do show great surrounding details but some of the hog scenes had small/grainy items. Loved the voices I thought they were good.

I did purchase the CE from the devs site. Thank goodness for [removed by moderator]..... I would not have gotten very far at all in the bonus game. The built in SG was available in the game which is great but it was not the greatest SG I have seen, it doesnt explain some of the steps very clearly for a player like me lol I am not very good at these games but love them. No SG in bonus (bummer).

Several of the hidden objects were a little small for me so I had to use my hint button to see them.

I finished the game including the bonus and my total time was 4 1/2 hrs. I am a super slow player and took alot of breaks and was lost a lot lol. The bonus chapter was pretty good until near the very end and it was a little flat.

Giving 4 stars but should be a 3 1/2 maybe.

Defineately give this game a try.

Happy gaming fishies

Edited on 10/22/2011 at 9:00:16 AM PST

hannah57
Clownfish
Clownfish
760 Posts

[Post New]by hannah57 on Oct 22, 11 7:35 AM
I thought this was going to be a fun game BUT, the hogs were tottally horrible. I couldn't find half the things without a magnifying glass or hints. There is no way I would buy a game like this.

robin94122
Salmon
Salmon
2,810 Posts

[Post New]by robin94122 on Oct 22, 11 9:10 AM
We have a detailed walkthrough posted here at Big Fish Games. It has step by step instructions as well as marked screenshots, so it should help if you're stuck.

To get to the Blog Walkthrough, click on the Try this Game link at the top of this page, then click on the link to the Blog Walkthrough.

Good luck!
Robin

[Post New]by cottoncandy2 on Oct 22, 11 9:10 AM
I'm SO, so tired of this this whole asylum garbage that I'm not even going to waste my time trying it. Come on, developers, surely you must have some new ideas out there?

mhatfie
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,447 Posts

[Post New]by mhatfie on Oct 22, 11 9:37 AM
Hmm, not sure what I think about this game. Don't particularly like it or hate it. If I compare it to other SE's that have come out lately like Odysseus or The maze, this game pales in comparison. I have finished the hr. demo and am past the 3/4 mark without using the walkthrough or hints so its a fairly short one. One of the things I ask myself when playing a game is "am I having fun?" the answer to that question in regards to this game was NO. So no buy for me.

kdubs
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,480 Posts

[Post New]by kdubs on Oct 22, 11 12:02 PM
If ever I need to escape an asylum, I'm sure I'll take time to find a Bowtie, a Beetle, and a Mousetrap. Then Shazamm! Freedom!

Okay, pine trees are green. But in this game, so is everything else including sheets, walls, floors, food, and ME after playing part of the trial.

Another Asylum. Grainy graphics. And did I mention everything is green?

grabbinbugs
Minnow
Minnow
225 Posts

[Post New]by grabbinbugs on Oct 22, 11 1:34 PM
Whewwwwww.....used up a lot of sneakers on this one. Not a terrible game but have played better about same subject matter. The voice overs are excellent, story is okay, music is good. I thought the elevator music was a nice touch for detail. Must agree with other players on the HOG scenes...some objects very hard to find.
All in all...am almost done and can't say it wasn't worth playing. I rate it out of 5

roxiestar74
Minnow
Minnow
290 Posts

[Post New]by roxiestar74 on Oct 22, 11 11:05 PM
I am curious to know if anyone else is having a seizure inducing white screen flash in between the scenes of this game. This is happening to me and it is really irritating me. I do realize that this could be a problem with my computer, and not one that other people are having, but if anyone else has encountered the same problem I would be curious to know.

I normally love a good asylum game, but even if I wasn't having to deal with the annoying flashing white screen, I think I would still feel as if there is is something off about this game. Although the voice acting is a nice touch, the animation looks cheap to me, and the plot feels so cliche that it is causing me to have deja vu. I know that I have never played this game before, I do not play games on sites other than BFG, nor do I beta test games for developers (I have only had a chance to do that for one game and it wasn't this one), yet how the game started made me feel as if I have played it before. Perhaps it gets better and more original as it moves along, but the beginning hasn't really grabbed me and I am not sure if it going to be able to maintain my interest.

Becca_jxxx
Guppy
Guppy
169 Posts

[Post New]by Becca_jxxx on Oct 23, 11 4:45 PM
I think this game is a good one for a Standard Edition.

The music is okay, the story is quite interesting, and I enjoyed the gameplay.

I am 1/3 of the way through the game, taking my time using no hints in Expert Mode.

Have a Punchcard Credit to use, so I am getting this game.

renaki
Guppy
Guppy
122 Posts

[Post New]by renaki on Oct 24, 11 8:00 AM
kdubs wrote:If ever I need to escape an asylum, I'm sure I'll take time to find a Bowtie, a Beetle, and a Mousetrap. Then Shazamm! Freedom!

Okay, pine trees are green. But in this game, so is everything else including sheets, walls, floors, food, and ME after playing part of the trial.

Another Asylum. Grainy graphics. And did I mention everything is green?

I really enjoyed your sense of humor.
You expressed exactly my feelings.I couldn't say it better.

[Post New]by Dominick_Fontana on Nov 2, 11 9:01 AM
I thought the game was great and I don't like Hidden Object Scenes (HOS). But there were very few HOS in the game and I thought they were pretty easy. Plus it has a lenient random-click penalty, so you can random-click without getting caught, so to speak.

HOS aside, I thought the rest of the game was great. Very well done. It keeps track of your time and it took me 4:27 to finish the main game. I am starting the bonus chapter now.

The bonus chapter took me 1:18 to complete, so the CE of the game took me 5:45 to complete.

Edited on 11/02/2011 at 9:19:40 PM PST

Go to: