bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

Post any Committed: Mystery at Shady Pines technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Oct 22, 11 7:53 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

*Please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

Edited on 03/27/2012 at 2:11:08 AM PST

Computer completely shut down

[Post New]by krs2425 on Oct 22, 11 9:31 AM
I just wanted to post this to the forum so you guys know about the problem. I can't say whether or not it has to do with my computer or your program, but I believe I was getting to the end of the free trial and my computer completely crashed and shut down. As to most problems with enough time I could probably figure it out, but I don't have the time today. But since this is the first of this type of problem I have seen with your games I just thought I would give you a heads up in case others have this problem as well.

unicornone
Guppy
Guppy
133 Posts

Re:Post any Committed: Mystery at Shady Pines technical issues here only

[Post New]by unicornone on Oct 22, 11 10:00 AM
What is it with these games lately.... no cursor on the game page, so can't point to anything. If a game is going to offer a custom option then it should do more than change the appearance. Can't play this game so won't buy.... shame it looked good too.

grani4xs
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by grani4xs on Oct 22, 11 10:15 AM
I don't know about anyone else, but when I got to the little girls mothers room, it wanted me to click on the map, then went blank. Nothing in the walkthrough to explain this. Restarted (after rebooting), and same thing happened. What is going on here? And it wouldn't let me back out of the sign to click on the map.

cokie1_
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by cokie1_ on Oct 22, 11 11:11 AM
I cannot open it-black screen.

desandnrs
Guppy
Guppy
102 Posts

[Post New]by desandnrs on Oct 22, 11 3:09 PM
Another game to add to my list of games that won't play on my computer. I get a screen full of stripes of all colors and can't see anything else. Have to control/alt,/del, to get out. Oh well, guess it was not meant to be.

ThomAndJerry
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

[Post New]by ThomAndJerry on Oct 22, 11 3:18 PM
You are supposed to collect "$2.00" so you can get they keycard out of the vending machine (find 8 quarters). However, you only get 7. Afer going through the walkthrough, I have deduced that one of the HOG scenes did not give me a coin.

Why??

ddeloy21
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by ddeloy21 on Oct 22, 11 5:16 PM
I downloaded the game, and whenever I am playing and I moving the cursor around the screen continues to flicker?? If the cursor is still it is fine, but whenever I move it then the screen continues to flicker to black and back to normal??

Tam5115
Clownfish
Clownfish
932 Posts

[Post New]by Tam5115 on Oct 22, 11 5:20 PM
grani4xs wrote:I don't know about anyone else, but when I got to the little girls mothers room, it wanted me to click on the map, then went blank. Nothing in the walkthrough to explain this. Restarted (after rebooting), and same thing happened. What is going on here? And it wouldn't let me back out of the sign to click on the map.

Same here. I could hear the game and I had the cursor but that's it. I had to shut down cold to get out and I haven't tried it again. Unfortunately, I've bought the game already.

robinbucy
Guppy
Guppy
126 Posts

[Post New]by robinbucy on Oct 22, 11 5:44 PM
Except for the very first screen where it says "Committed" the screen pixelates so much that I can hardly see what it is. It looks like my sons MineCraft game. I tried it in compatibility mode, but it still didn't display correctly. I check my drivers and other updates about once a week now, so I know that isn't it. I was hearing good things about this game, so I'm really bummed that I can't play it.

Update: When I go to ctrl+alt+del, the dumb thing clears up for a moment, then gets pixely again.

tj1147
Clownfish
Clownfish
654 Posts

[Post New]by tj1147 on Oct 22, 11 6:50 PM
During the demo:
When I went from one new area to another, the screen froze. I tabbed out then back in and it worked fine. Also, I don't know if this is a technical problem but I have large black bars at the top and bottom of the screen. It might be my computer settings but I don't like changing them for a game. Otherwise, I'm kind of enjoying the game!

robin94122
Salmon
Salmon
2,810 Posts

[Post New]by robin94122 on Oct 22, 11 7:55 PM
ThomAndJerry wrote:You are supposed to collect "$2.00" so you can get they keycard out of the vending machine (find 8 quarters). However, you only get 7. Afer going through the walkthrough, I have deduced that one of the HOG scenes did not give me a coin.

Why??

I'm sorry--I'm sure that's very frustrating. ; (Did you use the Blog Walkthrough posted here at Big Fish Games? It may be a technical glitch, but just to be sure, I'm going to start a new topic in the forum called 8 Quarters and we can go over the locations to make sure you didn't miss any. I don't want to put any more details in this topic because it would be a spoiler for people who haven't gotten that far.

Robin

[Post New]by shirlthecurl on Oct 22, 11 9:01 PM
could not pick up puzzle pieces to put in frame on door

ettapat
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

[Post New]by ettapat on Oct 23, 11 6:00 AM
This is the third game this week that's caused problems. With this game it wouldn't load at first attempt, then froze at second attempt, third attempt got it running for 20 minutes, then crashed, pc frozen again.

Would someone please explain why we are having so many problems with BFG lately?
I've been a member for a few years, not had any problems.

Oneaddie
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by Oneaddie on Oct 23, 11 7:41 AM
Mine would play so far then freeze and I would have to reboot the computer. Happened three times. I give up,

Oneaddie
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by Oneaddie on Oct 23, 11 7:43 AM
Hey I am now a Jellyfish!!!!

bfgHondo
Manatee
Manatee
3,712 Posts

[Post New]by bfgHondo on Oct 23, 11 10:33 AM
Hi everyone,

For those of you who are experiencing freezing or crashing issues, I'd encourage you to check for an update to your video card drivers and/or other graphics software. Here's the link to a help article with more information:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

These steps may not solve everyone's issues, so if you need further assistance after consulting our other Help pages, please contact Tech Support and one of our reps will be happy to take a closer look at this with you.

Hope this helps!

-bfgHondo

Kya27
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by Kya27 on Oct 23, 11 11:16 AM
Hello!

My inventory items seem to go missing. The fire extinguisher that I got in the hall is gone. Need it to put out the garage fire? Pretty sure I didn't use it anywhere else. Thanks much!

StefsCat
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by StefsCat on Oct 23, 11 3:53 PM
I've been on the trial game. During the **** scenes, it works fine. But during the rest of the game, the bottom the screen flickers, making it next to impossible to get anything from inventory. I finally gave up and am not sure if I'll get this game.

moesart
Minnow
Minnow
242 Posts

[Post New]by moesart on Oct 23, 11 8:38 PM
Kya27 wrote:Hello!

My inventory items seem to go missing. The fire extinguisher that I got in the hall is gone. Need it to put out the garage fire? Pretty sure I didn't use it anywhere else. Thanks much!

Go to: