bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

Walkthrough available for Committed: Mystery at Shady Pines!

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Oct 22, 11 9:51 AM
Check out the walkthrough for Committed: Mystery at Shady Pines on our blog!

To get to our Blog, click on the Big Fish Games logo at the top left to go to our home page. Then click on “Blog” under “More Fun from Big Fish Games” on the lower left hand side of the page. Or, click on the News tab at the top of this page.

From here a link to all of our “Game Walkthroughs” can be found under “Categories” on the right.

Or, follow this link to go directly to the Committed: Mystery at Shady Pines Walkthrough.

Happy Gaming!

Re:Walkthrough available for Committed: Mystery at Shady Pines!

[Post New]by Elfinne on Oct 23, 11 12:31 AM
If I wanted to buy the strategy guide, do i need to install them into the specific game folder? Will it be like those CE, i mean after i execute the game, there will be a tab to open the link to the guide or it is operated separately, which means if i play halfway and got stuck, i need to close the entire game (not able to use window mode ) to read the guide?

robin94122
Salmon
Salmon
2,810 Posts

[Post New]by robin94122 on Oct 23, 11 9:33 AM
Elfinne wrote:If I wanted to buy the strategy guide, do i need to install them into the specific game folder? Will it be like those CE, i mean after i execute the game, there will be a tab to open the link to the guide or it is operated separately, which means if i play halfway and got stuck, i need to close the entire game (not able to use window mode ) to read the guide?

Some games do have separate strategy guides that you can purchase, but anything that says "blog walkthrough" is normally posted free here on the Big Fish Website. You don't have to install it, you just read it on the website.

In this case, use the link in the first post in this thread to go directly to the Blog Walkthrough. It has step by step instructions and marked screenshots, so it can usually help if you can stuck.

If you can't get to it during the game, you may want to print it before you start the game..

Robin

[Post New]by Elfinne on Oct 28, 11 2:13 PM
Ok... Thank you for the info. At least i won't have to halt the game when i got stuck. Thanks again.

lovetoocraft
Herring
Herring
314 Posts

[Post New]by lovetoocraft on Oct 29, 11 1:31 PM
Hi Elfinne,

You do not need to stop your game in order to look at the blog walkthrough (WT) when you are stuck. Here is what I do.

Before I open the game to play, I bring up the WT for the game I am going to play and customize the size of the window so ONLY the WT shows. Height goes from the top of the screen to the bottom. Width is probably about 4-5" wide depending on the exact width of the actual WT.

Open the WT. Minimize the browser for the WT to windowed size.

Put your curser on the right side of the window until the curser becomes a line with an arrow on each and move the right side of the window to the left.

Next, use the scroll bar on the bottom and move the bar to the right until the left side of the WT is right up close to the left side of the window. Next, continue to bring the right side of the window as close to the right side of the WT as possible. When you have finished resizing the window, the width of the window should be exactly the same width at the WT and no wider.

Make sure the window goes all the way from the top of the screen to the bottom.

Now, using your curser, move the entire WT window to the far left side of the screen.

Now, open your game. When you need the WT, go to "options" in the game and click on "windowed" mode. Click OK or whatever the game says to do.

Move the reduced size of the game to the right. Now you have the active game on the right side of the screen and the WT on the left and you are able to see both at the same time. Makes it so much easier because you can look at the WT and play the game at the same time. Once you no longer need the WT, go back into "options" and click on "fullscreen" again.

Once i discovered how to do this, my gaming life became ooohhhhh so much easier. Easy is good don't ya know

If any of this does not make sense, please feel free to send me an I/M.

Happy gaming
Cynthia

[Post New]by Dominick_Fontana on Nov 2, 11 8:41 AM
Two things.

The game comes with a so-called Strategy Guide, but it's not very good. It tells you what you have to do, but not how to solve the puzzles. For instance, it will say, click on X and solve the puzzle, and receive Y. It doesn't tell you or have any screen shots as to how to solve the puzzle.

Now the Walkthough was very good. The only problem is that neither the Walkthrough nor the SG include the Bonus chapter. You're on your own for that.

The second thing is when I use a Walkthrough, I don't resize the window. I just use Alt-Tab to cycle between the game and the WT that is behind it.

It's a very good game.

Go to: