tammytheo
Clownfish
Clownfish
738 Posts

Commited:Mystery at Shady Pines-Low Quality Game

[Post New]by tammytheo on Oct 22, 11 3:04 PM
This game is a total failure. I can't believe people actually enjoy playing it.
It's too dark, too slow, with nothing new to suggest. Not the first time that Big Fish gives us such a low quality game. I can't believe I spent my last credit on it!
Since now I have purchased nearly 200 games and this is one of the worst.
A true waste of time and money.

Edited on 01/23/2014 at 4:37:30 PM PST

Re:Commited:Mystery at Shady Pines-Low Quality Game

[Post New]by Tchiquitamom on Oct 22, 11 4:44 PM
I'm really suprised to see this post. i am enjoying the game very much. I don't know what your preference is, but it's interesting to me that in two hundred games this is the first time you decided to comment. i've personally encountered a couple of games that i found disappointing, but your words are pretty strong. You can adjust the brightness, but i don't know what you mean by slow...

Sheerija
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,451 Posts

[Post New]by Sheerija on Oct 23, 11 4:59 AM
It's a surprise to me too. I think it's a top-notch game for a SE. Really enjoyed it.

I guess we all have different standards and expectations.

arthurC
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
424 Posts

[Post New]by arthurC on Oct 23, 11 6:25 AM
I'm also really enjoying this game. It's different. Great plot too.

But .. I can only afford one measly game .. and it's between this one, and the SE of Beauty and the Beast (which to be honest isn't really 'doing it' for me .. yet).

I'd need to know the rough length of this game before I decide.
Can anyone tell me?
Thanks
Jo

[Post New]by Dominick_Fontana on Nov 2, 11 9:05 AM
Well, different strokes for different folks. I thought the game was great. It was a lot of fun.

Hi, Arthur/Jo. The game keeps track of your time and I finished the main game in 4:27. The bonus chapter took me I:18 to complete, so all told the CE of the game took me 5:45 on the dot to complete.

Edited on 11/02/2011 at 9:17:37 PM PST

tammytheo
Clownfish
Clownfish
738 Posts

[Post New]by tammytheo on Nov 6, 11 2:35 PM
Hi fishies,

This is Tammy. Sorry for my delayed response but I'm not really a chat person. I guess that answers why I haven't made any comments until my previous one. I usually contact BF technical support every time I have a problem with a game.

Well, my message about the particular game was kind of rough the truth is and I didn't justify my opinion but I have the right to express it maybe even with no arguments from my side. I didn't mean to offend anyone and I'm sorry if I did but I was very dissapointed and angry after I've downloaded the game.
Anyway the game crashed after a few minutes so I didn't finish it. I understand that the game has some good elements as you say but from those few minutes I knew that the game wasn't good enough for me. I guess I should have known better before spent my last credit on it. Fortunately I didn't pay! I tried to adjust the brightness but some scenes got very bright then. I didn't like the graphics and I can't understand why everything has to be green for a game to have an atmosphere. I prefer vivid graphics with colourfull and clear images.

Anyway I haven't talk with BF yet but I'm going to because even though BF is the best, it seems that problems occure quite often.
I've been with BF for about a year and I have purchased 159 games. I counted them! Not bad for less than a year I think! Most of them are hidden object and adventure games. These are the games I like. Especially mystery, spooky games with immersive story and eerie atmosphere. I have to tell you that I have encountered not so good games more than a couple of times and I could make you a list of them but it would be inappropriate right now. I guess I have to blame myself too, except BF, because I didn't play the free trial and my judgement wasn't so successfull.

But I've played some great games too I have to say. Really great, awesome, masterpiece games. I have a list of them too. A big one! So when I purchase a game, especially a CE which I prefer, I expect the game to be at least good and that's it about my expectations.

Now, ArthurC/Jo if I was you I would definitely go for the "Beauty and the Beast" and if you haven't play it yet, try the "Urban Legends:The Maze". It's not collectors edition but it's an awesome game.
Well that's all for now. I have to go and see what's wrong with "Death Under Tuscan Skies" because I bought it and when I tried to play it I got a blank screen! Here it goes again!

Take care fishies!

Edited on 08/20/2013 at 10:27:57 AM PST

Go to: