LuckyKK
Minnow
Minnow
257 Posts

Can't get into waste basket in commons area.

[Post New]by LuckyKK on Oct 22, 11 10:16 PM
I can't access the waste basket in the commons area. I've went everywhere I'm supposed to, clicked on everything I'm supposed to...at least I'm pretty sure I did by looking at the walkthrough...but it does seem like I've missed something because I can't click on the waste basket. It wouldn't do me any good to get on elevator, as I need the call button from the waste basket for the elevator. I had already went to the bookshelves, & went back after picking up the two books...& I put them on the shelves. I hope that didn't mess me up. I picked up the gas can, went up to the shelves, clicked on the blocked kitchen door, but just can't get to the contents of the waste basket. Can anyone please help me? Thanks.

robin94122
Salmon
Salmon
2,810 Posts

Can't get into waste basket in commons area.

[Post New]by robin94122 on Oct 22, 11 10:32 PM
LuckyKK wrote:I can't access the waste basket in the commons area. I've went everywhere I'm supposed to, clicked on everything I'm supposed to...at least I'm pretty sure I did by looking at the walkthrough...but it does seem like I've missed something because I can't click on the waste basket. It wouldn't do me any good to get on elevator, as I need the call button from the waste basket for the elevator. I had already went to the bookshelves, & went back after picking up the two books...& I put them on the shelves. I hope that didn't mess me up. I picked up the gas can, went up to the shelves, clicked on the blocked kitchen door, but just can't get to the contents of the waste basket. Can anyone please help me? Thanks.

So you know where the wastebasket is and you can see it, right? It's marked on the screenshot in Chapter 2 in the Blog Walkthrough with the letter K (the second time the K occurs). It's in the center of the Commons room where the bookcases are on your left.

You should be able to zoom into it. Once you do, you see a bunch of trash. You then have to pull each piece of trash aside until you see the ELEVATOR KEY.

If you can't zoom in, try going to the elevator and zooming in on the call switch so you can see that it's broken, then going back to the Commons Room and trying it again.

If that still doesn't work, I'm not sure what to try--have you done all of the earliersteps in that chapter?

Robin

LuckyKK
Minnow
Minnow
257 Posts

Re:Can't get into waste basket in commons area.

[Post New]by LuckyKK on Oct 23, 11 1:30 PM
Thank you so much Robin. I went to the elevator, clicked on the call button, went back into the commons area, & I was able to click on the basket. Guess I should have tried that, but per wt, didn't think I had to do that to get access. Really appreciate the help.

Sablesshadow
Manatee
Manatee
4,347 Posts

Re:Can't get into waste basket in commons area.

[Post New]by Sablesshadow on Oct 30, 11 10:00 AM
Robin, my thanks also. Never thought to go to the elevator first.

Who needs a walkthrough? Me??? Nah! Who needs to ask for help? Me??? Nah!

Go to: