Just unfair: Bee Careful Achievement.

[Post New]by TimidHermit on Oct 23, 11 6:19 PM
This achievement is ridiculously difficult.

The honey drips too fast to be caught by the jar WITHOUT MISSING a single drop.

Is there a trick to this?

The situation is made worst by the fact that one cannot move the honey block until the first drop leaves in position for the jar, but by that time the second drop is already in a position such that moving the honey block will not alter its course.

LizzieK
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,190 Posts

Re:Just unfair: Bee Careful Achievement.

[Post New]by LizzieK on Oct 23, 11 6:28 PM
I agree with you. You need to catch 10 drips to fill the jar, so you have to catch the first 10 drips and not miss any. I made several videos of the mini-game and I found that on replays the drips are random and don't fall in the same pattern. So each time you try it you never know what to expect or plan for. It seems to be just another joke from Big Fish Game Studios.

Edited on 10/23/2011 at 6:28:58 PM PST

[Post New]by TimidHermit on Oct 23, 11 7:38 PM
Hi, LIzzieK,

Thanks for the confirmation. You are wonderful!

I am new to Big Fish. Is it a common feat for the developer to put in "impossible achievements" as a joke so that the game will be impossible to finish? Personally, not knowing the history of this, I don't find this funny at all, as I was expecting a fully solvable game, including all achievements.

After replaying this mini-game many (many) times, I found that the honey drops at the beginning were also much smaller in size than later drops. Since you cannot change the trajectory once a drop starts, it is very easy to be in a situation (through no fault of your own) that a drop will be missed because it is impossible to have enough time to move the honey bar to reposition the drops.

This makes me mad.

LizzieK wrote:It seems to be just another joke from Big Fish Game Studios.

Edited on 10/23/2011 at 7:44:58 PM PST

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Oct 23, 11 8:24 PM
I don't usually find that they include "impossible" achievements. But they sure seem to have this time! I can't imagine how this can be accomplished. It will be interesting to see if anyone chimes in claiming to have done it!

LizzieK
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,190 Posts

[Post New]by LizzieK on Oct 24, 11 5:39 PM
It is very puzzling as to why a game developer would want to make gamers angry. I guess there is a fine line between being challenged and being frustrated.

Perhaps making the Bee Careful achievement impossible to get may be something Big Fish Game Studio has done to try to sell more games. Their thinking may be that when the word is out that one of the achievements is too difficult to get, people will want to buy the CE version of the game just to see if they can be the one to get the elusive achievement.

They did something like this just after MCF 13th Skull was released. They had a Big Fish employee post deceptive information over and over for months to generate interest in the game. Eventually Joni B put a stop to the deception and the topic ended but I realized at that point what BFG would do to make money. It was a sad realization for me then, but now I am not surprised by anything.

Edited on 10/25/2011 at 1:45:58 PM PST

[Post New]by TimidHermit on Oct 25, 11 10:46 AM
Looking at the number of posts you have made, LizzieK, you are obviously an experienced player of Big Fish Games.

I am indeed surprised by what you said. I don't have much experience playing these games, but I like the Drawn series and want to give this latest sequel a try.

I wonder, however, if this is simply an unintentional oversight by the developer. It is possible that the achievement was not tested properly or that its difficulty was altered after the fact without realizing that the game has now been made impossible to win.

As a test, I used a CPU slower to deliberate slow down the game to see if this will make it more playable. It does not, in part because the honey drips are random such that you are frequently put into a losing position when two consecutive drips are too far apart for you to slide the honey bar into position in time to catch both drips, meaning that at least one drip will always fall outside of the pot, thus making the game unwinnable.

Lotus256
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by Lotus256 on Dec 20, 11 4:54 PM
I agree it is just mean and unfair of the programmers to put in an achievement that is impossible to achieve. They should create a patch or something to make it possible to get the bee careful achievement especially after making alot of customers unhappy!

[Post New]by LadyJewell on Dec 31, 11 3:22 PM
One thing you all need to remember. Big Fish doesn't MAKE the games, they make them available through their website. The games are created by the various game companies, many of whom are small enough that they can't afford to market themselves, so they go through BFG in order to reach enough people to continue on to produce the next game. BFG works with them to make sure any glitches, etc. get get fixed, but I'm pretty sure they don't make any of the games themselves. That's why you have the various splash screens beyond the BFG one, and why you can find some of the games in other places &/or on other platforms.

ES: it isn't an 'impossible' achievement, it's just bloody difficult. Having random drips means that if you play enough times, it will eventually fall your way. Pun intended.

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Dec 31, 11 3:28 PM
Hi there LadyJewell,
Whilst many of us might agree with your sentiments here, the Drawn games are made by Big Fish Studios. (I'm pretty certain that this one wasn't "farmed out" like the latest Azada game - but if this is incorrect, I hope someone else will amend my error).

This is one of the achievements I also managed to miss out on. Maybe next time.

Cheers

[Post New]by Miko99999 on Oct 24, 12 11:56 PM
I finally did it! It took me a few tries (more than five I think)
To get it I just really really focused I guess. Instead of watching the drops fall keep looking for the next forming drop so you can move quickly to get them in.

Keep trying its possible!

Go to: