The Spider gate

[Post New]by NANNAofchloe on Oct 24, 11 7:22 PM
Is anyone else having trouble wiyh the spider gate? I have played threw to the spider gate, then it messes up and I can't go any futher. I have downloaded this game twice and it has done this both times. HELP

VLewis138
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

Re:The Spider gate

[Post New]by VLewis138 on Oct 25, 11 7:17 AM
I have the same problem. The top piece falls to the ground and I can't get the puzzle bar piece to get into the hospital. I've asked for help also, but so far, no replies.

[Post New]by makita3781 on Oct 25, 11 6:28 PM
Sorry no answers, having the same problem!!!

angelfishsb
Minnow
Minnow
258 Posts

[Post New]by angelfishsb on Oct 27, 11 10:09 AM
I also am having the same problem. Any help out there?

[Post New]by 16candy on Oct 29, 11 10:23 PM
this sucks I really like this game and I'm suck at the same spider gate as all of you. I was gonna try starting over, has any one tried that, if any one has a answer for it please post.

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Oct 29, 11 10:28 PM
Well, I am sorry that you all have had no responses and/or help with this. but maybe others are in the same situation as I in that this worked fine for me and have no alternative suggestions for you.
I suppose you have all consulted the inbuilt SG and/or checked out other posts here to see if there is a stage you have missed.
Cheers

Edited on 10/29/2011 at 10:29:47 PM PST

Jake1999
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by Jake1999 on Oct 31, 11 8:49 PM
I, too, had the same thing happen. The clock part fell to the ground and I cannot get it and cannot fix the undertaker's clock. I previously got the part from the teddy bear in the hospital. I guess I just can't finish this game.

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Oct 31, 11 9:00 PM
Hi there Jake1999,
I have previously checked other posts in this forum and I see that this has not been an error common enough to require an update to this game.
I hazard to suggest that you consult the Strategy Guide regarding this, maybe you have missed something that will enable you to continue on successfully. I know this is not the solution for you, but maybe some advice.
Cheers

Jake1999
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by Jake1999 on Nov 1, 11 9:19 AM
Thanks. I just solved it today. I started the whole game over yesterday and got to the point just before the spider gate. This time, I carefully put the last blue token in and solved the puzzle. I then quickly grabbed the clock piece before the whole thing fell to the ground. You have to be quick. Problem solved!

angelfishsb
Minnow
Minnow
258 Posts

[Post New]by angelfishsb on Nov 1, 11 9:59 AM
Hi 16candy, I did try to start over, even used a new name but I ended up with a black screen. I went back to my original name and ended up getting a black screen there too. I guess I will just eat the $13.99 but am not happy about that as I am on a fixed income.

jtrigg
Lobster
Lobster
97 Posts

[Post New]by jtrigg on Nov 5, 11 8:14 PM
Same problem here . another H2S game (It Stinks) a placed the yellow puzzle piece into the slot , and the puzzle crashes to the ground

There seem to be many games recently that If you get one part out of sequence , the game dies and you need to start over Not good enough BFG

[Post New]by Mernar on Nov 7, 11 12:04 PM
Hi:
Just found this wonderful Forum & love it.
I too am having the same trouble with the Spider Gate, the piece of the clock falling to the ground, it's so frustrating!
As Jake I think said, try starting the game over & stopping before the gate, etc.
My question is, being there are no saves, how do you go back, if you try & fail again at that part? Did you use another user name when starting new also?
Look forward to a reply from you here at the Forum.

Mernar (El)

[Post New]by josiebigfish on Nov 12, 11 3:21 PM
Im having the same problem. Stuck at the spider gate. Is there a way to just go back a chapter?

[Post New]by joangrant on Nov 18, 11 8:11 AM
the only advice I get from the strategy guide is to get a puzzle piece at the spider gate, but the piece on the ground refuses to participate. With all the blackouts I have waited through so far I doubt I have the patience to restart this from the beginning and trust I will not drop it again.

[Post New]by debzkidz on Nov 21, 11 6:48 PM
I am having the same problem with the
Spider Gate. I am going to try to start over with a new profile. Hope this works.

bren1joy1
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by bren1joy1 on Nov 24, 11 2:13 AM
First time through, I had the same problem; the whole spider gate piece fell to the ground and there was no way I could get the last piece of the hospital door puzzle! Played it again (different profile) and this time carefully placed the yellow rune in the gate...moved it to the left, and the door in the 'right' triangle opened, giving me the last piece of the hospital door puzzle!

Once you get inside the hospital, everything moves quickly (with strategic use of the SG). I now have the spider key!

Hanging in there is the best advice! : )

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Nov 24, 11 11:04 PM
When I played the game, part if the puzzle would fall to the ground, but it was not a piece I needed, it was just a covering for part of the puzzle that falls off so you can access that part. I never picked up any of those pieces off the ground. The piece I needed was sitting inside a little slot in the puzzle. This happened every time I added a new piece and solved for it. Is there any chance you are missing seeing the piece you need inside the puzzle?

[Post New]by picardluvr on Jan 2, 12 10:25 PM
I'm having the same problem with the Spider Gate -- the faceplate has fallen to the ground even though I had done only two of the three parts of the puzzle. Now I can't retrieve the items I need to continue the game. Please write an upgrade to fix this bug!!

[Post New]by gavin1995 on Aug 19, 12 1:17 PM
SAME PROBLEM...STARTED THIS GAME TWICE, AND BOTH TIME, LOST THE KEY TO THE SPIDER GATE, THE LAST TIME WAS THE LAST KEY. DONE WITH THIS GAME....VERY DISAPPOINTED.

Heather_G
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by Heather_G on Oct 18, 12 11:19 PM
I couldn't get the snake tongue to work, even following the walkthrough and had to skip it, which I hate. Then to run into a dead-end with the spider gate... This is extremely frustrating. Same deal as the previous posts: I get two runes in place and two puzzle pieces/keys, but then the face plate falls to the ground and there is no way to get the last piece needed to continue the game. There have been complaints about this for nearly a year, and no fix? What's going on?

I created a second profile, replayed the game, and whenever I got to the spider gate, I consulted the strategy guide and followed it exactly. Same thing happened the second time. Dead in the water. The snake door handle also would not work this time either. So, I can't finish the game, can't unlock the extras, no wallpaper, no soundtrack. I'm going to contact tech support (they are great!) to see about a refund.

One tidbit I did figure out, though, is about the "blackouts" where you have the panel down the left side, but no image in the game play area, and the cursor freezes. This can last for several minutes sometimes. I realized this happened only while my hint button was recharging and I moved from one screen to another. Sometimes I could move while the hint was recharging, but every blackout occurred while during a recharge period. So, if you're having this problem, try sitting tight until the hint button is pink and happy before moving to another screen.

Go to: