bfgRhone
Manatee
Manatee
4,302 Posts

Post any Family Vacation California technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgRhone on Oct 25, 11 12:17 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

*Please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

saphhire
Herring
Herring
329 Posts

Re:Post any Family Vacation California technical issues here only

[Post New]by saphhire on Oct 25, 11 1:34 AM
lagging of entire game then just gives me error codes always different one so who knows what wrong BIG FISH YOU NEED TO CHECK YOUR GAMES AND FIX THE PROBLEMS HAPPENING TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH LATELY

handyfr
Squid
Squid
62 Posts

[Post New]by handyfr on Oct 25, 11 5:56 AM
Game down load is terrible. Can't get it to 'validate'!!!!

VimsenGrr
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

[Post New]by VimsenGrr on Oct 25, 11 6:02 AM
handyfr wrote:Game down load is terrible. Can't get it to 'validate'!!!!

I can't even get it to download. It's extremely slow, and I keep getting "download timed out", error code 2.

quetha
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by quetha on Oct 25, 11 6:10 AM
Can't even get it to download past 10%...........too bad because I was looking forward to trying it.

VimsenGrr
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

[Post New]by VimsenGrr on Oct 25, 11 7:04 AM
Update: It finally downloaded for me, and is working fine so far.

Sforet71
Starfish
Starfish
59 Posts

[Post New]by Sforet71 on Oct 25, 11 9:36 AM
I've been trying since 2 a.m this morning to download. I finally went to sleep, woke up at 10 a.m. and still the thing was on 71 percent. I have deleted and tried to reinstall and both times I've done this so far this morning it won't go past 11. I have a very fast connection and never had to wait over 2 mintues for any game to DL. I am really getting aggravated with it. I PAID FOR IT. I don't demo any game, if reviews are good I buy it. But soon as it was avaiable I purchased which now seems like a mistake. Big Fish if ya'll are reading this please do something this isn't fair to people like me who are loyal customers with close to 200 games I think I should fall into the loyal customer catagory and a response to this issue would be nice. Don't know why ya'll ask for feedback on tech issues if nothing gets done.

OhPamela
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by OhPamela on Oct 25, 11 10:07 AM
Game runs really slooow!! wasted 16 demo minutes, never even got past the sign in too bad looked like fun

bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Oct 25, 11 10:46 AM
Hi everyone,

If you're having troubles with a slow download, please take a look at the following help article for some information and troubleshooting steps that might help:

Problems Downloading or Installation Failed

For those experiencing a lag or slow game, please reference the following help article:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If going through these steps don't help, please get in touch with Tech Support (you can click on this link) and our reps will be able to assist you further. Thank you!

-bfgArnoStyx

Bonz54
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by Bonz54 on Oct 25, 11 11:36 AM
Successful at downloading and playing trial. Just purchased and can't play. The screnn is black when I try to play full screen. When I use the minimize, I can't see the items in the lower box that describe the hidden objects. I can't see the hint or main menu either.

fyl61
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
3 Posts

can't get past the enter name

[Post New]by fyl61 on Oct 25, 11 11:50 AM
Downloaded fine, But once I get to enter name here, the curser is all over the place and very slow, I was really looking forward to playing this game.
Bigfish please fix this........

grammyd02
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

any Family Vacation California technical issues here only

[Post New]by grammyd02 on Oct 25, 11 12:21 PM
I downloaded the game ok but when I went to play it only came on half of the screen and when I tried to get out of it with task manager it would not allow it on the screen so I had to turn the computer off and then I deleted the game when it came back on.

Kamali
Guppy
Guppy
173 Posts

[Post New]by Kamali on Oct 25, 11 1:05 PM
I liked the concept of the game, and the variety and cheefulness, but it is a 'no buy' for me because the cursor is so slow and jerky.

I turned off the custom cursor and the jerkiness went, but of course you have no idea then where the hidden areas are. If the devs fix the problem I'd definitely buy it.

ritchieprod
Squid
Squid
73 Posts

[Post New]by ritchieprod on Oct 25, 11 3:49 PM
Download was fine, but the game started in black with music. After checking other gamers' posts, I tried in windowed mode and it played, but too small to find items. If the games don't play properly, we won't buy. This isn't worth 10 minutes of time.

[Post New]by mom10012 on Oct 25, 11 4:49 PM
tried to download twice keep getting error,

LWensel
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by LWensel on Oct 25, 11 5:44 PM
we should not have to load or change graphics to play a game I have a new computer and have all the lastest updates and I am having the same problem as all of you! Big fish expects us to fix our computer! I for one don't know how and don't want to have to fix their screw ups. Want to purchase but won't till I can play demo with out problems

[Post New]by chrisani on Oct 25, 11 10:36 PM
Thanks guys you have just saved this granny from purchasing this game. Isn't it a shame that you have to go to the forums to find out about a game. I'm still not able to play Steve The Sheriff 2 I don't need another dud game. Come on Big Fish get your act together!!! Chris.

[Post New]by scooter0327 on Oct 27, 11 11:55 AM
Same as many others. Screen is black w/ music. Windowed mode is not an option as you cant see parts of screen. Have heard a lot of griping on recent games. Glad it's not just me or my computer!

[Post New]by OnWisconsin on Oct 29, 11 11:19 PM

Another game that I can't play due to a rolling screen. Have tried fixes, but they don't work.

Any suggestions....Please???

Sad and confused...

OnWI

Edited on 10/29/2011 at 11:20:25 PM PST

Zazee
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by Zazee on Oct 31, 11 12:03 PM
The game won't launch. Impossible for me to even try it.

Go to: