1Seashell7
Guppy
Guppy
122 Posts

Black bars =No try, No Buy

[Post New]by 1Seashell7 on Oct 25, 11 5:24 AM
Second day in a row where i can not get rid of the black bars on each side of the screen and don't give me the tutorial on how to change the screen resolution manually. I have tried EVERY RESOLUTION available on my laptop and the game stays in the same resolution with the bars on the side. For me it is not worth even trying to play the game let alone purchase it,

Edited on 10/25/2011 at 5:25:36 AM PST

cbtx
Stingray
Stingray
5,030 Posts

Black bars =No try, No Buy

[Post New]by cbtx on Oct 25, 11 6:22 AM
1Seashell7 wrote:Second day in a row where i can not get rid of the black bars on each side of the screen and don't give me the tutorial on how to change the screen resolution manually. I have tried EVERY RESOLUTION available on my laptop and the game stays in the same resolution with the bars on the side. For me it is not worth even trying to play the game let alone purchase it,

Completely agree---programmers need to wake up to the fact that if many games are offering aspect ratio selection, then ALL games could offer it. It has nothing to do with screen resolution on individual computers, it has to do with lazy development and programming and with 2012 just around the corner it is unbelievable that so many new games are lacking this simple bit of programming that would make the games so much more attractive and pleasant to play. But you know how it is---if enough people continue to buy the product as it is, then that is what the people will get. Until the devs and programmers feel it in their pockerbook, it probably won't change much. But on the happy side, it seems that the devs that truly care about offering an excellent product are starting to make some changes and I applaud the ones that are doing so.

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

Re:Black bars =No try, No Buy

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Oct 25, 11 8:56 AM
I fully agree with you, 1Seashell7! I have also the same problem with the black bars with this game (and with the game yesterday too)

MEnr56
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,984 Posts

[Post New]by MEnr56 on Aug 14, 12 7:48 PM

May I suggest that you go to the Main Menu Options screen and tic the "full screen" button? This may give you the outcome that you're seeking.

MEnr56

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Aug 14, 12 8:39 PM

Zombie thread. Look at the date of the posts.

Go to: