cleoladycat
Manatee
Manatee
3,734 Posts

Todays DD 27 October 11 Comments and reviews.

[Post New]by cleoladycat on Oct 27, 11 12:06 AM
Any comments fishes?
A fun HOG where you end up playing as different members of the family to help them get back together and escape.
Worth theprice as a DD, but try it it for yourselfs.
No news yet as to how the cause is doing since last week when we were looking to miss by 10 - 15% so keep buying fishes, theres only 4 more DD's after this one.

Re:Todays DD 27 October 11 Comments and reviews.

[Post New]by dobbiemijnboekje on Oct 27, 11 3:55 AM
I played the demo and I like it. It's a buy for me. And again 1$.

LovetoMissLisa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,823 Posts

[Post New]by LovetoMissLisa on Oct 27, 11 3:59 AM
I had tried this game and for some reason I lost it awhile back. I've been looking for it because I really liked it. I'm so glad to have it. I think it's a good game and a great game at DD prices. Good voiceovers and widescreen and I like the story. Once again a really good DD game. Give this one a try.

LittleFish884
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,181 Posts

[Post New]by LittleFish884 on Oct 27, 11 4:07 AM
It is not bad, a little simple perhaps, plus very short, by the look of the walk through I am nearly 1/2 way through after the hour demo. Not sure if I will get this or not.

LadyDream
Clownfish
Clownfish
515 Posts

[Post New]by LadyDream on Oct 27, 11 5:24 AM
I own this one already. If you read reviews complaining about the finish, that problem was fixed. But some of us are still waiting for news of that cat!

It's a definite Try Before You Buy. I liked that you got to play all of the characters, although by the end I wanted to lock the little boy in the tomb forever. Or at least borrow some bandages from the mummy to gag him with. I think this is a great game at this price.

Freka
Herring
Herring
304 Posts

[Post New]by Freka on Oct 27, 11 5:33 AM
This was on my To-Buy list. Glad to get it at the DD price.

This is the start of my fourth card for the month! For me, there have been a lot of great games on sale.

Tailteann
Clownfish
Clownfish
584 Posts

[Post New]by Tailteann on Oct 27, 11 6:01 AM
This is more comment than review.

I'm reading some things about this game in some other threads that are turning me off it. You need a pair of 3-D glasses for some scenes. And while there is a fixed version out that resolved some issues, the BFG game is an edited version of the original game. People are complaining that the game doesn't match walkthroughs. The ending is very abrupt and some features are just missing (like having to find feathers in every scene throughout the whole game). Here's what I read:

"It turns out that there is a premium edition (you can buy that at [redacted] for $19.99) that has the additional locations. It has 1 more cjhapter, 5 more puzzles and 6 more hidden item locations. Also an alternate ending."

I know it's for a good cause, but I'm passing on this one today.

Edited on 10/27/2011 at 6:03:06 AM PST

jlanger78
Marlin
Marlin
9,474 Posts

[Post New]by jlanger78 on Oct 27, 11 1:57 PM
just so you know you can opt out of the 3D glasses option.. it gives you that at the beginning of the game right before you even get to the storyline...

Athena99
Guppy
Guppy
169 Posts

[Post New]by Athena99 on Oct 27, 11 8:15 PM
I'd love to help the cause, and this game looked so interesting, but it's a no buy for me. I just found the directions (or lack of) too ambiguous. For instance when it came to the mirrors (I played the girl first), after I had placed them, it kept telling me that an item was missing. Well there were no other items to find, because there wasn't any item missing....what was missing was an action (albeit using an item of course). Okay so now I get the idea..they want me to find the missing brush (which wasn't missing since it was already in my inventory). Then I did the "connect the pipes puzzle" but nothing happened. I used the walkthrough (yet again) and set up the puzzle exactly as it appeared in the solution including the pieces that were not necessary. You are supposed to be able to pick up a "block" right after finishing the puzzle as reward. So I tried clicking on the area, six ways to Sunday, even though the walkthrough clearly shows that the block becomes visibly available once the puzzle is solved.....and you got it..no block. This was all in the first 24 minutes, most of it wasted and of course I couldn't get much further even if I wanted to finish out the demo, because of the missing block. Couldn't be bothered.

Edited on 10/27/2011 at 8:40:48 PM PST

BearKat
Stingray
Stingray
4,860 Posts

[Post New]by BearKat on Oct 27, 11 8:36 PM
Like too many days this month , I already have this game . I had bought it last year. Been a good while so I had to open and play for a while to refresh my memory. I found it to be an enjoyable game and recommend giving it a try before you decide against it because of something in the reviews. I like the little "gimmicks" in games if they work and the ones in this game did IMO! I have found some gems (to me) among the games that many others disliked. And vice versa! Different strokes and all that! Oops, I have just dated myself!lol Come on I need at least one more game I don't have to fill up my second DD card!!
Happy Gaming All

Go to: