bfgRhone
Manatee
Manatee
4,302 Posts

Post any Resurrection, New Mexico Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgRhone on Oct 27, 11 12:26 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

*Please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

gma5
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

Re:Post any Resurrection, New Mexico Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by gma5 on Oct 27, 11 12:27 AM
Download is stopping at 3 o/o. Not good!!!

carolina67
Guppy
Guppy
150 Posts

Re:Post any Resurrection, New Mexico Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by carolina67 on Oct 27, 11 12:37 AM
Same on my computer. Stops at 3%. And I have a super fast connection.

Roos53
Squid
Squid
70 Posts

[Post New]by Roos53 on Oct 27, 11 12:46 AM
Here we go again D/L only on 6% and iv got a brand new pc, now this is really getting tedious.

[Post New]by WolfenRaindancer on Oct 27, 11 12:53 AM
30 minutes and dl only at 13 %, and holding. Tried pausing and restarting without results, so I finally trashed canned it and started all over again. Now it is stuck on 10%. But I am sure that this problem is only affecting a small number of us, so the problem won't be addressed. Silly me, I even rebooted before starting the first download as my comp had been on all day, and I wanted a fresh start with this game. Alas it is only on 11% now, so it is doubtful I will continue to try now.

Oh and before a mod comes in and tells me it is my comp...I have Win7, 64bit, IE9, lots of space, plenty of RAM, all updates, blah blah blah.

Now after another 30 mins, I am at 12%. Going to bed, but going to trash can it again first.

eta: I am using the rollback version of the gm. Most of the games have downloaded quickly but this is the third time I have had this problem since the rollback. I believe it was Beauty and the Beast CE that had the longest dl at over 12 hours, and there was another one after that, can't remember which but it was a CE also and that one took 3 hours. I pay extra for super high speeds including rapid downloads, and usually things dl within a minute or two. Not today Total time trying to download has been one hour and 14 minutes, and I am still only at 16%.

Edited on 10/27/2011 at 1:17:37 AM PST

equusjoy
Minnow
Minnow
243 Posts

[Post New]by equusjoy on Oct 27, 11 1:04 AM
I also have a new machine with windows 7, 64 bit, lots of RAM, etc. I haven't had any problems like this before. Even removed and reinstalled the game and it still stops at 4% and has been that way for over 30 minutes.

I am uninstalling and going to clean the house.

Joy

[Post New]by dobbiemijnboekje on Oct 27, 11 1:09 AM
I give up DL. I try later.

crawle1960
Guppy
Guppy
123 Posts

[Post New]by crawle1960 on Oct 27, 11 1:15 AM
1 hr and 10 mins and stuck at 9% I pay good money every month to bfg for a game that i cant even d/l and play for millionem hrs of d/l. It really is not good enough bfg one off game ok ..tech prob but most games recently are like this. Maybe time to cancel my subscription as i want to d/l and play not type here and point out that bfg has serios problems with the g/m and the attitude seems to be they don't really care about us customers.

Rhysdux
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,219 Posts

[Post New]by Rhysdux on Oct 27, 11 1:16 AM
Tried twice. Download stopped for the first time at 3%, and the second time at 4%. I tried removing, re-installing, etc. Nothing did any good. I have the latest version of the Game Manager and I've downloaded a couple of other games from BFG since with no problem, so i don't think it's my computer. I think that the problem is with the game itself.

belamba
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,058 Posts

[Post New]by belamba on Oct 27, 11 1:18 AM
Tried BFG tech help, and changed to alternate method to D/L. Still ground to a halt at 4%.
I decided to D/L a game I bought years ago to see if it's a McAfee problem.
It D/L at the speed of light.

Won't bother with this game any more...life's too short!

[Post New]by kazkaz1957 on Oct 27, 11 1:26 AM
I too am stuck at 17% but there is another strange thing in that in my Game Manager, the game is placed at the bottom of the list of games under 'date installed' rather where it should be at the top. Could this indicate a general problem or conflict between the game and the Game Manager perhaps? Has anyone else got this happening or is it just me?

angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

[Post New]by angelfish106 on Oct 27, 11 1:36 AM
So yet again we are told that it's most likely our PC/bb connection/whatever that is at fault and to read the 'install/download' help pages. Like we haven't at some point been there/ done that already during some stage of being a member of BFG

I would be willing to do all this again if it wasn't for one glaringly obvious fact; it is only the TGT that is slow downloading (at least on my PC). I had the same issue yesterday; however today the same game (which stalled at 41% and went nowhere fast after that) has downloaded quickly with no issues.

So it's not my bb connection or my PC but the TGT is again crawling along at almost no speed. Perhaps tech support should look at the download route used by the TGT, which I'm guessing is different to the one used by other games. It may just be there that the problem lies.

crawle1960
Guppy
Guppy
123 Posts

[Post New]by crawle1960 on Oct 27, 11 1:37 AM
My d/l was at the top where it should be. I gave up with bfg and I am d/l the game off another site and wey hey !!! 10 mins and i am at 30% so proves it is bfg itself.

[Post New]by amietillman on Oct 27, 11 1:37 AM
I give up. Been downloading for an hour and a half and I'm only at 30%. So much for my morning routine with BFG today!!!

slimjims36
Clownfish
Clownfish
526 Posts

[Post New]by slimjims36 on Oct 27, 11 1:45 AM
It takes my high-speed broadband about 1 minute to download 100mgs whether it is games, software, re-installs, whatever. So this game should have taken NO MORE THAN five minutes. Like everyone else I'm frustrated, and I don't care enough to wait hours and hours for a game to download. I sent it to the trash can. Doubt if I'll even re-try it tomorrow.

A epidemic to be sure. I'd be curious just how much money they are losing by the minute because of this snafu, as well as previous d/l problems. Of course it is not us or our computers, and BFG knows that. Oh, and I don't think it is just a few of us. The number of those who take the time to visit and post in the forums are miniscule compared to the entire customer base. Sending us to the help pages which are so off target I wonder why they bothered to just further irritate everyone who was dumb enough (no offense, I'm talking about me) to actually go to look to see if there was any useful information. There wasn't.

jkuci
Flounder
Flounder
2,447 Posts

[Post New]by jkuci on Oct 27, 11 1:47 AM

Too bad, because the game looks interesting but I'm not masochistic so I pass on this due to download issue.

bfgRhone
Manatee
Manatee
4,302 Posts

[Post New]by bfgRhone on Oct 27, 11 1:50 AM
Hi everyone,

It looks like many of you are experiencing download trouble with today's TGT. If you could please run a Dr. Felix report and then send that over to our Tech Support team, that would really help us investigate this.

Thanks!

bfgRhone

ciscaR8
Minnow
Minnow
256 Posts

[Post New]by ciscaR8 on Oct 27, 11 1:51 AM
Big fish when do you solve this problem?
Its not us, its the new game manager, since we had the new one we are having download problems

Gamesetter_
Lobster
Lobster
94 Posts

[Post New]by Gamesetter_ on Oct 27, 11 1:55 AM
crawle1960 wrote:My d/l was at the top where it should be. I gave up with bfg and I am d/l the game off another site and wey hey !!! 10 mins and i am at 30% so proves it is bfg itself.

Which other side are you downloading from if I may ask?
All bfg exclusives are only offered on pages which do redirect to BFG and their game manager.
I'm very curios - as I'm so sick of being told, that it is all the user's pc/internet connection while the problem is only with bgf but with no other portal, no other game manger/game center or what ever they call on other portals.

Maybe you could pm me? As there is no naming of other sides allowed here?

Edited on 10/27/2011 at 1:55:59 AM PST

[Post New]by dobbiemijnboekje on Oct 27, 11 2:00 AM
I am DL the DD and it goes fast. So it must be the game.

Go to: